1. #16201
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Got some time to do small fixes to cable management, replaced the standard fan controller with noctua fan control units and switched to the fastest RAM kit there is - G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 32GTZN 3600 CL16 (16-16-16-36, the highest grade Samsung B-Die right now).

    Case: Define R6 (PCGH Version)
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3800x
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
    Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM (GPU), 6x Noctua NF-A14 PWM (VRM / CASE)
    PSU: Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650 Titanium (SSR-650TR)
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 32GTZN 3600 CL16 (2x16GB) (fastest B-Die there is)
    Mainboard: MSI B450 carbon pro ac
    SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo
    NVME: 2x Samsung 970 PRO
    HDDS: 2x 6TB

    IMAGES
    Yo, what is that second PCI-E card?
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  2. #16202
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,382
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A wonderfully massive improvement, love it! Nice Teku glass!

    Also, phoenix desktop wallpaper, link to that?! That's awesome!
    Thanks! Ye nice glass, high (thick) quality. Here's the phoenix.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

  3. #16203
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yo, what is that second PCI-E card?
    Its a support bracket for the 1.5kg heavy 330mm GPU. Heavy cooling solution, less noise but more weight.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  4. #16204
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Holy God damn, FlawlessSoul, good to see you still around here! This is absolutely stunning! Is any of that custom-painted or is that all stock? Define R7?

    Terrific job man, 11/10, gorgeous piece of work.
    Hey bud - I actually went looking for your latest post not that long ago. Good to see you still around

    It's a Define 7 (White, Tempered Glass) with stock fans (they're pretty damn good, even though not PWM). GPU shroud and fans are sprayed, as is the cover on the barely visible SoundBlaster Z just behind it.

    I'd been going through my old PC parts and selling off a ton of stuff during lockdown (UK), built a new media/minecraft/pi hole server, and finally scratched the itch by getting the Define 7. I figured I'd be upgrading individual parts over the next year or so (GPU then CPU/Mobo/RAM) and a good case can last ten years so I started with that.

  5. #16205
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,322
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Hey bud - I actually went looking for your latest post not that long ago. Good to see you still around

    It's a Define 7 (White, Tempered Glass) with stock fans (they're pretty damn good, even though not PWM). GPU shroud and fans are sprayed, as is the cover on the barely visible SoundBlaster Z just behind it.

    I'd been going through my old PC parts and selling off a ton of stuff during lockdown (UK), built a new media/minecraft/pi hole server, and finally scratched the itch by getting the Define 7. I figured I'd be upgrading individual parts over the next year or so (GPU then CPU/Mobo/RAM) and a good case can last ten years so I started with that.
    Aw, I'm remembered too! <3

    I really need to update my last post... probably when I update my chassis. It's... messy. USB 3 cable pins got destroyed, yada yada... it's a mess in there. Should probably migrate away from more than 1 platter HDD before I upgrade the chassis. Thinking of getting the Silverstone Alta F1 when it comes out. I briefly had the O11 Dynamic... oh it doesn't fit the Noctua D15. Poop. The Define R7 is nice, but not everything I want in a case.

    Am I goofy for still wanting better/ample HDD support? Probably... I've been wanting to try one of the flipped motherboard cases though for a while, so this new one from Silverstone might finally be it.

    Really love what you did with your computer sir, amazing to see people still using PCI-E sound cards! Any reason you don't go a USB DAC route?

    Will the new GPU maybe be the 3080 Ti?
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  6. #16206
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Define R7 is nice, but not everything I want in a case.

    Am I goofy for still wanting better/ample HDD support?

    Really love what you did with your computer sir, amazing to see people still using PCI-E sound cards! Any reason you don't go a USB DAC route?

    Will the new GPU maybe be the 3080 Ti?
    You know the Define 7 (not called the R7!) can support like 14 3.5" *and* 4 2.5" drives, right? Admittedly, it only comes with 2 2.5" trays & 6 3.5" trays (+1 2.5/3.5 modular mount).

    I was able to pick up the soundcard cheap, although I want to get a stereo mic for it at some point (I'd like to get the original Creative SB-Z beamforming mic), and it has Dolby DTS/Digital Live for use with my Logitech Z906 & Yamaha RX-V767.

    And maybe - I'm going to see how Cyberpunk 2077 performs on my GPU and the next gen AMD & nVidia cards. I may be going Team Red for CD Projekt Red.

  7. #16207
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,322
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    You know the Define 7 (not called the R7!) can support like 14 3.5" *and* 4 2.5" drives, right? Admittedly, it only comes with 2 2.5" trays & 6 3.5" trays (+1 2.5/3.5 modular mount).

    I was able to pick up the soundcard cheap, although I want to get a stereo mic for it at some point (I'd like to get the original Creative SB-Z beamforming mic), and it has Dolby DTS/Digital Live for use with my Logitech Z906 & Yamaha RX-V767.

    And maybe - I'm going to see how Cyberpunk 2077 performs on my GPU and the next gen AMD & nVidia cards. I may be going Team Red for CD Projekt Red.
    Yeah, I guess I forgot. lol =X

    I think I've just always been fascinated by the Silverstone Fortress/Raven cases, but they've been so out-of-date for a while, and now they're finally releasing an update... I just want to give it a go finally.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  8. #16208
    Here is my setup. Not too special. But I quite like it.

    GTX 970
    i7-2600
    16gb RAM
    250GB SSD
    2x 3TB HDD


  9. #16209
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Really not sure why you routed your 24-pin the way you did, but congrats on being done.
    Some of those sleeved cables are WAY to stiff to bend through where that grommet is without screwing up the look.

  10. #16210
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Some of those sleeved cables are WAY to stiff to bend through where that grommet is without screwing up the look.
    That’s why you train them.

  11. #16211
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436




    Specs:
    ThermalTake P3 Case
    Egva 850 G3 Power Supply
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi Motherboard
    Intel i7 8700K
    32gb Corsair DDR4 4000
    Evga 1080Ti FTW3 Graphics Card
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500gb
    WesterDigital Black 4TB
    M2 ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
    WD-Blue 3D NAND SATA 500gb SSD
    Corsair H-100 CPU Cooler
    Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard
    Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse
    Logitech G560 RGB Gaming Speakers
    Steel Series QCK PRISM CLOTH
    3 x MSI AG32C Monitors
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  12. #16212
    Some updates to the office, Still trying to get everything moved and arranged WIP




  13. #16213
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Some updates to the office, Still trying to get everything moved and arranged WIP



    So, when do I move in you said?

  14. #16214
    Getting a little old now but still runs everything I throw at it at 60+ FPS at a bare minimum.

    8600k @ 4.8GHz, GTX 1080, 16GB 3200MHz, Samsung 860 Evo, Viewsonic XG2401 144Hz

  15. #16215
    Flight Sim upgrades: TracerID, TWCS, Gladiator NXT

    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  16. #16216


    Early stages of rebuilding my office space. Next up is horrendous cable management.

  17. #16217
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Still looks incredibly clean and the white means any other colored light should really pop.


    Got a longer, narrower ARGB strip coming - will be splitting that in two between front and top, bottom and back of the glass side (so I can turn off bottom/back separately). Will then be moving the existing two strips to the motherboard side of the case and organise it to mirror the front.

  18. #16218
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post


    Got a longer, narrower ARGB strip coming - will be splitting that in two between front and top, bottom and back of the glass side (so I can turn off bottom/back separately). Will then be moving the existing two strips to the motherboard side of the case and organise it to mirror the front.
    Some real unicorn poop right there. Looks awesome.

  19. #16219
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Got some time to do small fixes to cable management, replaced the standard fan controller with noctua fan control units and switched to the fastest RAM kit there is - G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 32GTZN 3600 CL16 (16-16-16-36, the highest grade Samsung B-Die right now).

    Case: Define R6 (PCGH Version)
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3800x
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
    Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM (GPU), 6x Noctua NF-A14 PWM (VRM / CASE)
    PSU: Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650 Titanium (SSR-650TR)
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 32GTZN 3600 CL16 (2x16GB) (fastest B-Die there is)
    Mainboard: MSI B450 carbon pro ac
    SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo
    NVME: 2x Samsung 970 PRO
    HDDS: 2x 6TB
    I have the same ram except in G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 32GB 3800 CL14 (Model F4-3800C14Q-32GTZN) soooo I dont think your B-Die is the fastest there is.

    Run it at 1:1 on my 3950x (1900 IF)

  20. #16220
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Some real unicorn poop right there. Looks awesome.
    It mostly stays white, to be honest. I wanted to replace the front two 140mm fans with three 120mm, and figured I might as well try out the EZDIY ARGB fans at the same time. It does look really nice on a slow rainbow fade, though.

    The Cooler Master ARGB controller has a nice feature, where you can have it wired into the case's reset button (I never connected it anyway) and use it to cycle modes/turn off lights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •