It's apparently fairly quiet at low ranges, but is hard to ignore at higher performance from what I heard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    Basicly:
    SLI Gigabyte GTX480 @ 804/1609/2004
    ASUS Maximus IV P67
    2x 120GB OCZ Agility 3 RAID 0 ( get about 1.1GB/s Read/write speeds)
    i7 2600K @ 5.1GhZ 1.46V (1 hour stable OCCT linpack 75°C max)
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 1866MhZ CL9 16Gigs ( 4x4GB)
    Corsair AX1200
    Xigmatec Elysium Black with window
    Tons of Nexus white LED fans

Razer Lachesis (mouse)
    Razer destructor (mousepad)
    Razer Arctosa (keyboard)
    Razer Onza TE (gamepad)
    Razer Carcharias (headset)

Front:

Thats a Dell WHFP 3007 30" screen and a 17" macbook pro next to it, incase you wondered, and yeah, i forgot to put the sidelid bakc on so its just standing there on its side.
    That's a expensive screen that you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by botnet View Post
    That's a expensive screen that you have there.
    I honestly have no idea, got it from my stephdad for free coz his GFX card didn't support Dual link DVI so he couldn't run it at 2560x1600

but thanks i guess im very pleased with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    35dba at the very least. It's very, very audible.
    Damn... Silver Arrow it is then :P

-edit- at closer look.. Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro C1, or C2 revision if it hits the market anytime soon. Anyone knows?

The C2 revision will only be 1.5kg XD
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-04 at 07:23 PM.

Time to take a well deserved break!
    But before that, fix my cables :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gah Synthaxx, I just want to see that thing in person. It must be a true beauty to behold. GREAT work.

And to the guy with all the Nexus white LED fans..... oh god those are bright. x_x Do you have a switch to turn them off? I'd honestly be distracted whilst gaming in the dark!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I was hoping someone could tell me if this would be able to reasonably play games(specifically WoW and SWTOR[if anyone has any idea]) and, if possible, approximately what level of graphics it might be able to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    I was hoping someone could tell me if this would be able to reasonably play games(specifically WoW and SWTOR[if anyone has any idea]) and, if possible, approximately what level of graphics it might be able to do.
    It would be very rough even on the lowest graphics settings, you would not have a pleasant gaming experience. It has no truly dedicated graphics card, it just has an Intel Mobile which basically means only for the lightest stuff, i.e. picture and video viewing. That laptop would not be enjoyable for gaming at all, as far as I'm concerned.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I have to agree. Almost all of the main OEM's design laptops only for the average home user. I laugh when i see them using "truly powerful intel dual core processor" in their adverts, only for it to be an i3 from last generation. Then advertise "A massive 320GB of storage space", only for it to be slow as all hell, as well as "4GB large memory capacity for real speed".
    But let's be honest here - what else would they say?
    "Hey, we know it's crap and low value - but we're hoping you don't!"? :P

For these generic laptops, anything non-gaming, non-workstation related, it will suffice. For people needing workstations, I really hope they know better and are up-to-date with what they need.
    For people who wants gaming-related; That's what we're here for, right? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Synthaxx you make a point, but tetris brings up a valid argument. :P That powerful i3 dual core from last gen would be more than enough for people like my sis (Who now has a laptop with an Intel i5-2410 or whatever in it and an NVidia card lololol) and my parents. :P But yeah, it does irk me when I see that stuff, MASSIVE 320GB.... uh that was massive a good 5 years ago? =/
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    The selling point to the masses seems to be the size of the hard drive. At least, before I knew what I do about computers, it was to me and my father. '-_-

That and/or how much RAM it has. You know, the crappy prebuilts with a 1st gen core i3, a low end GPU from a generation ago...and 16GB of memory that are marketed as "high end" PCs?

"Look at this laptop! It has 500 GB hard drive!"
    Yeah, saw that recently. I snortchuckled just a little bit less than when my best friend's boyfriend tried to tell me to stay away from "his" girlfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    True... I remember when I was younger and in high school, DAD MAKE SURE YOU GET THE DELL WITH A 3GHZ CPU SPEED ZOMG!!! Had a whopping 80 GB HDD and like 1 or 2 GB of RAM.... that thing I played WoW on for a full year, now I look back and I'm like... how...?
    "A flower.

The amount of memory in general, lol.

Ever seen those massive 1500MB IGP? Jk shared with RAM. But they ofc don't tell that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    That and/or how much RAM it has. You know, the crappy prebuilts with a 1st gen core i3, a low end GPU from a generation ago...and 16GB of memory that are marketed as "high end" PCs?
    What this guy says in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBK8WPkTa1o&feature=channel_video_title

O
    H I NEED THAT.

@16GB of RAM.
    "A flower.

Thanks for the help guys. Anyone know of any reasonable gaming laptops that cost less than $1000? I keep trying, but I either find ones that even I know are terrible or cost 1500+.

did i quick test with the new h100 Hydro with a 4,2Ghz OC and the temps was ok.

this is done with the h100 in push config pulling hot air from inside the case through the rad. gonna test it with a bigger OC and in push/pull when i get the srews for it next week. fans used is the Silverstone APs.

temps are after 1 hour of prime95s new blend test for windows7 64bit. 51/52/56/50. my room temps are about 20C

http://
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2011-08-05 at 09:44 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. Anyone know of any reasonable gaming laptops that cost less than $1000? I keep trying, but I either find ones that even I know are terrible or cost 1500+.
    Unfortunately, truly "gaming" laptops, which is an oxymoron in itself for the most part, don't really exist for cheaper than $1,000 prices. You can get laptops that are made to be used for gaming, but still I say they are oxymorons because they're more likely to fail, have heat problems, and many other issues. Quite often they also don't get very good quality mobile video cards, and that hinders them, but at the same time, that's another heat source that can get very hot. So you can try getting a laptop that is made for gaming, but don't expect the most amazing experience.
    "A flower.

Windows 7 activation... /rage