Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/r0jZa.jpg
    probably 3 new monitors, although, im kinda waiting for a good 27" IPS 120hz that is VESA compatible to come out
    My aunts initials are also JFK, but I'd refrain from posting her name, all the same :3

120Hz IPS? That's new to me. I hope it's a resolution larger than 1080p, which is a nice resolution but really caps out at around 24". :x

10+ Year Old Account
    probably 3 new monitors, although, im kinda waiting for a good 27" IPS 120hz that is VESA compatible to come out
    Nice RAMDisk

Mine's faster though http://i.imgur.com/VAb2k.png
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Why do you have chrome spread across multiple monitors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    My aunts initials are also JFK, but I'd refrain from posting her name, all the same :3

120Hz IPS? That's new to me. I hope it's a resolution larger than 1080p, which is a nice resolution but really caps out at around 24". :x
    mitsubishi makes a 23" one and they are working on a 27" version, but at $1800 a piece before importing....

Because he's using nVidia Stereo Surround and it's considered one monitor.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Nice RAMDisk

Mine's faster though http://i.imgur.com/VAb2k.png
    very nice, have you found a use for it yet? all i've come up with is using it for my WoW and Chrome cache

10+ Year Old Account
    very nice, have you found a use for it yet? all i've come up with is using it for my WoW and Chrome cache
    I haven't discovered anything major to put on it unless I decided to buy the program or buy an actual RAM disk.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Because he's using nVidia Stereo Surround and it's considered one monitor.
    *takes notes*
    Another reason to add to the list why Eyefinity (currently) work better. Is there a reason you wrote "Stereo" Surround? Is that a different mode, or is it its proper name?

Also, question. Your Samsung Spinpoint in your sig; I don't recognise the MP4 branding, so I'm guessing laptop/2.5"?

10+ Year Old Account
    *takes notes*
    Another reason to add to the list why Eyefinity (currently) work better. Is there a reason you wrote "Stereo" Surround? Is that a different mode, or is it its proper name?

Also, question. Your Samsung Spinpoint in your sig; I don't recognise the MP4 branding, so I'm guessing laptop/2.5"?
    It's actually just called "Nvidia 2D Surround"

*takes notes*

Most likely me getting that and the 3D tech names confused, since 3D uses Stereoscpic glasses or something. Just saw it called that once and it stuck. Think the actual name is Vision surround or something.

And yes, laptop. Because the other 3 drives in the system are all 2.5" it made it easier, and it's just a scratch drive anyways.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    *takes notes*

Eyefinity is better software side, because you can easily hotkey between a single spanned display or 3 extended desktops, but hardware wise, Nvidia Surround is better, you are for the most part stuck with one big display for windows, but games that don't support spanning will default to a single screen, and the SLI requirement keeps you from having an awesome display at 10fps

edit, also, Nvidia works with 3 DVI monitors, i did the same thing everyone else did with my Eyefinity, that is, i got home from microcenter with two extra monitors full of excitement, and then after an hour of trying to get the thing to work, finding out that i need something called an active displayport adapter, and that it was another $100

oh, and when i found this out, there was nothing about it on the ATi website, i found out about the adapter through one of swifty's youtube videos
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2011-07-18 at 12:30 AM.

That, and initially there was only one way to get Eyefinity and Crossfire working together was to use a 5970. That's been fixed of course, but it was a killer for some.

10+ Year Old Account

PSU - Corsair 750TX V2
    Chasis - Corsair 600T
    Motherboard - Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
    CPU - Intel I5 2500k
    Ram - Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz 2x4GB
    GPU - MSI Gtx 970 Gaming 4G
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB
    HDD - WD Blue 1TB
    HDD - 2x WD Green 2TB
    Mouse - Logitech G400
    Keyboard - Logitech G15 (orange)
    OS - Windows 8.1 Pro w/ WMC
    Projector - Optoma HD20
    Headset - Senheiser PC-350
    Last edited by lockblock; 2016-01-24 at 05:02 PM.

So. Guys. Now that we know what everyone have - What will the next thing you get be?
    I will add two screens next.
    I'm thinking either a 120Hz monitor (most likely adding a second GTX 580 for SLI so I can actually play at 120FPS)
    ...or (most likely, because that first option is expensive as hell ), getting a Corsair H100 when/if they ever come out (depending on how reviews put them cooling wise) Possibly with a Fractal Define R3 thrown in with either option (because I'm starting to think my case lets too much noise out)
    Last edited by Adappy; 2011-07-18 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im wating for the 6xx series cards from the GTX series, then dumping at least $1500 on em. first, bulldozer 8 core in september/august

My rig:

Lancool Dragon Lord K-58 Case (four 120mm internal fans in a pull-push configuration in sync with my cooler)
    Intel Core i7-2600K (Overclocked to 4.6Ghz)
    Corsair TX750W PSU
    Noctua NH-D14 Cooler
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6970 2Gb
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3 Motherboard
    8Gb Mushkin Redline Ridgeback DDR3-1600Mhz (7-8-7-24 timings as standard on this model instead of the usual 9-9-9-24, haven't attempted to OC and probably wont bother)
    1TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA III HDD
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
    ASUS MW221U 22" Widescreen Monitor (2ms response time)

Managed a 4.8Ghz overclock but it was starting to run a bit too hot for my liking and I didn't want to push my luck, plus it wasn't too stable and it seemed to want me to push my Vcore above 1.5v, which I didn't really want to risk doing :P

More than handles WoW though, my framerate at the bank in Orgrimmar outside Garrosh's room never drops below 60fps at peak times, which is currently the lowest I've seen my framerate in World of Warcraft since upgrading. Quiet spots in caves or other places of the sort see my framerate jump to 400+ fps

So far, the only two games that have come close to crippling my PC are The Witcher 2 with Ubersampling on, which currently no single GPU setup can handle properly, and Crysis 2 with the new Ultra patch with High Res textures. Both are playable with those settings, but barely. Dropping a couple of settings down and it's totally playable, and in the case of The Witcher 2, simply dropping Ubersampling off sends my framerate from the toilet to the ceiling.

Other than that, my PC's yet to be tested properly. I'm even contemplating grabbing another 6970 or perhaps just a 6950 and going for a Crossfire setup, once I decide if I need it or not. This Z68 board is also capable of Intel's SRT, so I may grab an SSD at some point, but that really feels unnecessary at the moment.

Bring on Skyrim!
    -Cazic, 85 Death Knight, Draenor-EU
    -Chaosweaver, 85 Warlock, Draenor-EU

Done with my new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfonia View Post
    I didn't have my dremel with me (forgot it at work, d'oh!) so the reservoir is held in by zipties temporarily, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post

EWWWW! Stock cooler! But awesome PC nonetheless

15+ Year Old Account
    Next up for me:

i5 2500k (or ivy equiv)
    Corsair A70
    Throwing everything into the HAF 912 I have sitting in my room.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Next up for me:

i5 2500k (or ivy equiv)
    Corsair A70
    Throwing everything into the HAF 912 I have sitting in my room.
    Wait for ivy bridge. There's no reason to cash up at the moment, as your i3-2100 is very fine. : P