To all these people with Dell monitors, how good are these in comparison to others, and are they worth the price? I'm curious about buying one.

Diesel 1/7H

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kärmä View Post
    To all these people with Dell monitors, how good are these in comparison to others, and are they worth the price? I'm curious about buying one.
    I love my U2311H... The colors are so fantastic over comparable LG/Samsung/Asus monitors.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    dell makes some of the better monitors out there, while not the absolute best, they are high above average

The UltraSharp-series are amazing. I don't have one myself, but (at least) the U2311H is unrivaled at its pricepoint.

Deleted
    Click here for free dr pepper and or your preferred beverage of choise!
    In a desperate attempt to try and get this back on thread, I guess i'll post my guts so you can laugh at my first build :P(in hindsight, I really wish I spent more time actually looking at the case before I bought it like a moron, it's WAAAAY too big(you'd think XL would have given that away.. but yeah) hence why there is a strange lone cable running along the front(too short to be routed via back :<)
    Just noticed I took that photo with my ssd unplugged also, way to go me!

In fact, looking at that photo is rather embarresing, I'm gunna take it apart now before work and do some proper cable management/move my drives up to that huge open gap -.-

Haha, wow. You know, all your pieces look.. small in that case. :3 Must be good airflow though, with no obstructing pieces! And you need a modular PSU.
    And a Define R3 rather than an XL.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Haha, wow. You know, all your pieces look.. small in that case. :3 Must be good airflow though, with no obstructing pieces! And you need a modular PSU.
    And a Define R3 rather than an XL.
    Indeed, I actually thought this was just a standard R3, it was only when it arrived and the box was nearly as big as the delivery man that i started shitting myself.
    As for modular PSU's, I didn't even know they existed till I had this installed -.-
    On the subject of cases, I've always wanted to build my own, but it's just trying to find the time, and the fact i'm pretty much useless with any tool that isn't a stethoscope/sphygmanometer/insert_medical_tool_here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzest View Post
    Intel E6300 wolfdale overclocked to 3.36 gigs/sec
    Nvidia 8800gts
    4 gigs of ram
    70gig ssd
    terabyte drive
    250gig drive
    Logitec g-15 keyboard
    Logitec G-9x mouse(up to 5700 dpi which is nice for a large screen, usually run at 3200dpi though)
    Some cool looking x-clio case, made from steel, so its sturdy too
    250mm front turbine intake fan(mostly cools hard drives) 360mm side intake fan, 200mm top exhaust fan, 120mm rear exhaust fan

Fuck yeah I still play my n64.
    How many lights have you got in there? Damn..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    WTF@ the past 2 or 3 hours of this thread?! O_O

Yes, Fuzzykins, we do need a general off-topic chat thread for those of us regs here in the computer forum. :P We can all post pics of ourselves and just chat off-topic but keep it in our own little forum sector. :>
    Yeah, that'd be convinient, since some people actually want to talk about setups here too!
    Also, can I be called a "regular" here? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    Yeah, that'd be convinient, since some people actually want to talk about setups here too!
    Also, can I be called a "regular" here? ^^
    I don't know. Have you received tetris' welcome package of wallpapers?

Meh, you're probably a regular. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if I'm a regular. *Chinscratch* /trollface

I demand an answer to my new thread. D:

Do that, and maybe I'll consider you a regular. /trollface
    /random

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    a little update on my build.
    i finaly got a mail from the shop, saying that my h100 hydro has been send and should be by my house monday.

so monday i can finaly begin OCìng my cpu and see what the new h100 can do.

so now i have all the parts except new GFX cards. the once i want is all out of stock untill september. so i will have to wait for new cards untill then.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    So.. anyone going to create an off-topic thread here soon? :P Or will we just derail this further? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    So.. anyone going to create an off-topic thread here soon? :P Or will we just derail this further? ^^
    Talking to the mods about it atm. x3

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Wtb more people with the Define XL, so I can judge if I should get one for my main server..!
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is a sad sad day No more Battlefield 3 Alpha after today
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Wtb more people with the Define XL, so I can judge if I should get one for my main server..!
    Well I *had* one... but it arrived broken. So you'll have to wait till the replacement arrives (or someone else to post theirs )