Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Gah Synthaxx, I just want to see that thing in person. It must be a true beauty to behold. GREAT work.

And to the guy with all the Nexus white LED fans..... oh god those are bright. x_x Do you have a switch to turn them off? I'd honestly be distracted whilst gaming in the dark!
    It's OK, they stand next to me and its not in my sight when i look at the screen, allso the mouse/keyboard have lil white leds aswell anywayz so, i'm used to it

How's the noise on the thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    How's the noise on the thing?
    Found this video on Youtube, I was curious as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPyYaEqiDw
    Sounds louder than I'd like on the high setting, but fine on low

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Unfortunately, truly "gaming" laptops, which is an oxymoron in itself for the most part, don't really exist for cheaper than $1,000 prices. You can get laptops that are made to be used for gaming, but still I say they are oxymorons because they're more likely to fail, have heat problems, and many other issues. Quite often they also don't get very good quality mobile video cards, and that hinders them, but at the same time, that's another heat source that can get very hot. So you can try getting a laptop that is made for gaming, but don't expect the most amazing experience.
    This WAS the case. In the last year or so there seems to be a decent amount of fairly good gaming laptops that don't overheat and do have decent mobile cards. I got an MSI GX660R - i5, 6GB RAM, ATI HD5870 1GB, 2x 500GB HDD in raid-0 and it's actually a VERY compentant machine.

I've sat and played WoW on it for a good 10 hours (ok, not solidly for 10 hours but inc idling in SW extra while I went for a bite/had a shower/went the shops etc) on it and it's yet to skip a beat. Not my main rig but I could probably live with it if I had to. Runs at 1920x1080 res with settings at good and a few bits turned up, still flawless for 25m raiding (as a melee).

Will be upgrading the hard drives to a pair of momentus XT's (the hybrid drives) in the future as this is one area it's a little lacking in and from then on it will be more than good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll most likely need to crank up the VCCIO Voltage to run them.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    would make a great kit for a new x79 quad channel board, but you have to buy two kits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Ah, quad channel, even better. 32GB worth!
    not from what i've seen, most x79's only have 4 dimm slots:

but with 2400Mhz, in quad channel, you could be looking at around 70GB/s bandwidth
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2011-08-06 at 05:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Colour me impressed! I'd love to see how it handles at a higher clock and volts though. I mean i generally top out at 62C or so on a dedicated loop (120.3 worth of rads) at 4.8Ghz at 1.46V while gaming (HT is enabled though so extra heat). I've not yet run P95 on it.

I will admit that the H100 is looking to be a real beast for a presealed loop and something i would have gotten if i wasn't already running a proper loop. So, worth the money then?
    im going to aim for a 4,5-4,8 OC next week in push/pull config to realy test the h100. but the numbers im getting right now is good and i have seen even better temps on some systems on overclockers.net.
    one guy is getting same temps as you would with a custom loop http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...chmark-20.html

@Dunkenvalley
    im still waiting for Microsofts to mail me back. its the 3th time it say`s my windows is fake after doing a clean install, but i can still update it and all. so now i have send them my cd-key, so they can see that it is not fake
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

So I discovered now that I can apparently keep the 200mm exhaust fan if I do purchase the H100, and place the rad in a push-pull. That's interesting imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    @Dunkenvalley
    im still waiting for Microsofts to mail me back. its the 3th time it say`s my windows is fake after doing a clean install, but i can still update it and all. so now i have send them my cd-key, so they can see that it is not fake
    It's my 4th time or so installing Windows on this machine. Suffice to say, Microsoft's pushing their luck imo.

Deleted
    My awesome all devouring game machine;

Oh yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Wallz View Post

this is my first build and man did i have fun building it. it was also my first time attempting to do a custom mod.

SPECs
    it started as a CM HAF 912
    i5 2500k OC @4.1ghz (going to try to push more soon)
    CM hyper 212 cooler
    gigabyte OC gtx 560
    WD caviar black 1tb (going to raid with identical drive or ssd in near fututre)
    nzxt senturl lx fan control
    8gb ddr3 1330
    msi p67a-c43 (b3)
    thoughts?
    I like ur bong pictures

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    I like ur bong pictures
    err...what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    err...what?
    His Photobucket account
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    I just looked through my images and found this from a few weeks back. Click for full size. Untidy as all hell, but this was right before a clean-up. Also, I don't have the energy to list my computer components right now :/
    Is that what I think it is? in the upper right corner... the mask.. Hmmm............. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    You'll most likely need to crank up the VCCIO Voltage to run them.
    And not even a little bit, esp when ur running 2 kits.

Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    I like ur bong pictures
    thanks haha forgot i had those on their

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    what the fuck? u manage to run those 570's with a 750W psu? my pc wouldn't boot with anything less than 1200W and it has only 480S... explain!

edit: very nice rig btw!

GTX 480 uses nearly 50w more than the GTX 570 while loaded. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    GTX 480 uses nearly 50w more than the GTX 570 while loaded. :P
    fair nuff, its sad when u know both preform like equally.... ah well, fuck greenpeace, i like my heatpipes sticking out!