10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    what the fuck? u manage to run those 570's with a 750W psu? my pc wouldn't boot with anything less than 1200W and it has only 480S... explain!

edit: very nice rig btw!
    If two 480's needs 1200W to boot, we need to have a serious talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1942597
    I'm horrible with wire management.

I know the CPU voltage is high (for the most part) for "only" 4.1Ghz OC
    Only hook up to the TV when I'm editing videos or viewing things on the internet. I got the ASUS 22" on the table for games.
    Newegg link to the monitor on the table I use when I'm playing.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236112

Corsair H50 CPU cooler. (LOVE THIS THING) I don't think I've have ever been over 50c with it.

With lights out.

What kind of case is that Noxplod?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkela View Post
    What kind of case is that Noxplod?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=antec 1200

Antec 1200. newegg.com link

I wanna say that with everything in it, it's around 35lbs =P
    SOOOOO much space. I fit that corsair h50 in with ease. The only "issue" is that the hoses are so stiff and the touch the "install" side of the case. I do have 2 HDDs and a thermaltake black widow 850w.

Sweet looking but man it's massive lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah... I got it, with hopes for going SLI when I could get 2 6970s and wanting to keep the components cool and have "plenty" of room. I LOVE the 200mm top fan! Hot air rises and this thing just pulls it up and out even faster!

Thanks to that post now I'm tempted to get an antec 900 case instead of the HAF 912 LOL

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkela View Post
    Thanks to that post now I'm tempted to get an antec 900 case instead of the HAF 912 LOL
    Both are excellent cases, they are both from excellent brands and lines.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Soo, I finally decided to fix my cables and I think I did a pretty good job.

I also plan on getting a new 140mm fan, after I installed that it should look like this (with the cables connected ofcourse XD)

The strange box on the right under the optical drive is the USB 3.0 frontpanel thingy that got with my card, I use it to connect the frontpanel USB 3.0 cables that come with the HAF X.

In the not too distant future (probably at the same time I get the new fan, I'm going to switch the RAM and CPU cooler to Corsair Vengeance LP, currently using the non-LP RAM :P, and a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro C1.

CPU idles at 35C-38C and after 30 minutes of Prime it is at 60C-64C. Maybe I'll see a little improvement with the new cooler, maybe I'll go higher on the overclock then. It's now on 4.5GHz with 1.3V, but to get it stable at 4.6 I need ~1.4V for some reason

GPU stabilizes at 80C after 2 minutes in Furmark with 900/1425 clocks. I am planning to switch to either a 6970 or a 570 since this card makes so much noise under load It just has to be a Twin Frozr III cooler

System can be found via the link in my sig *tries to imitate RWJ* "below"

-edit- Maybe I'll post pictures of the entire setup tomorrow :P
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-08 at 09:08 PM.

Sweet Mother of--
    Where did all the cables go? O_O

Looking pretty good now, Asmekiel. Reminds me I have to figure out how to get the USB 3.0 and eSATA working on the frontpanel...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Computer looks awesome Asmekiel!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Sweet Mother of--
    Where did all the cables go? O_O

Looking pretty good now, Asmekiel. Reminds me I have to figure out how to get the USB 3.0 and eSATA working on the frontpanel...
    Better than before, eh :P

Arghh.... I can't decide -_-

The "Hawk", "Lightning" and "Twin Frozr III" cards from MSI all use the same cooler. So I was looking at the 6970 Lightning... out of stock... MSI's response: "demand > supply". Like that's true, they just want to way to up the price a bit or something.
    The 570 Twin Frozr III is available though, but I'm a little bit sceptical about switching to Nvidia, haven't used a card from them in 3 years and before that I had the 7600GT and before that a MX440 -_-
    Anyone a good suggestion, I want either a 6970 or a 570 with that cooler and I can only choose from this list: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/cat/49/videokaarten.html

Also, anyone has a review where the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro is compared directly to the Noctua NH-D14? Preferably with temps from idle/load from non-oc setups and overclocked setups. Also need to know the noise both make. I can't find one myself and I don't like holding reviews next to eachother because everyone uses different methods...

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Anyone a good suggestion, I want either a 6970 or a 570 with that cooler and I can only choose from this list: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/cat/49/videokaarten.html
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/27880...di4s-2gd5.html Have that one.
    Threeslotter, but it IS quiet.

For the coolers, The Dark Rock will probably win overall at stock/idle. The NH-D14s strength is heavy overclocking, where it's "the least bad" in terms of cooling, ie, it suffers less from higher heat.

You're probably fine with either. I do use a NH-D14 though. And it's not as silent as my last cooler, I have to throttle the fans to be able to keep it soundless.
    Still keeps my cores at 50°C during Wow, crysis and bfbc2-load though. (4.00GHz with a Lynnfield is pretty good for a summer-OC)

Sweet mother of-- That thing's massive.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/27880...di4s-2gd5.html Have that one.
    Threeslotter, but it IS quiet.

For the coolers, The Dark Rock will probably win overall at stock/idle. The NH-D14s strength is heavy overclocking, where it's "the least bad" in terms of cooling, ie, it suffers less from higher heat.

You're probably fine with either. I do use a NH-D14 though. And it's not as silent as my last cooler, I have to throttle the fans to be able to keep it soundless.
    Still keeps my cores at 50°C during Wow, crysis and bfbc2-load though. (4.00GHz with a Lynnfield is pretty good for a summer-OC)
    Yea, I had that card in my wishlist before the 570 twin frozr 3, but I'm afraid I don't have the space to Xfire/SLI when using that. Not that I want to now, but maybe.. future.. you know the deal :P

15 minutes into the post: OK, took another look inside my case. If I want to Xfire/SLI those DCII cards, the PCB will almost touch the HSF of the card above it XD but I do think the TF3 cooler looks better :P
    Then it will come down to the overclocking capabilities of both cards, since the difference is only €5.

And I think I'm going with the NH-D14 after all. I'm planning on taking it to a higher level and see if I can achieve a stable 4.8GHz. I did reach 4.8 earlier, but after 3 hours of Assassin's Creed 2 it crashed Strange that Prime95 didn't crash it, only ran that for an hour though.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-08 at 09:32 PM.

Yea, I had that card in my wishlist before the 570 twin frozr 3, but I'm afraid I don't have the space to Xfire/SLI when using that. Not that I want to now, but maybe.. future.. you know the deal :P

OK, took another look inside my case. If I want to Xfire/SLI those DCII cards, the PCB will almost touch the HSF of the card above it XD
    You don't have to use two DCIIs when crossfiring. : )
    Once in the future, when they aren't the highest-end and you want to add another 6970 for Crossfire, you can just put the Direct Cu II lower than the top-card.
    As long as the GPU match, you can use any manufacturer.

So once the Lightning or TwinFrozr III or whatever arrives, have that top, the DCII lower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    what the fuck? u manage to run those 570's with a 750W psu? my pc wouldn't boot with anything less than 1200W and it has only 480S... explain!

edit: very nice rig btw!
    well, all i can tell its the corsair 750W is amazing, no problems with power AT ALL, even with 2 hard drives
    might be less power consumption? =)

You don't have to use two DCIIs when crossfiring. : )
    Once in the future, when they aren't the highest-end and you want to add another 6970 for Crossfire, you can just put the Direct Cu II lower than the top-card.
    As long as the GPU match, you can use any manufacturer.

So once the Lightning or TwinFrozr III or whatever arrives, have that top, the DCII lower.
    I knew that! how could I forget -_-

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    well, all i can tell its the corsair 750W is amazing, no problems with power AT ALL, even with 2 hard drives
    might be less power consumption? =)
    Yea, the 480 is the most powerhungry single-gpu card. More powerhungry than the 580, and the 570 uses less than the 470. The 460 is the "Fermi done right" for a reason

750w is very fine for two 570s.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 11:37 PM ----------

I knew that! how could I forget -_-
    You could also run crossfire with a 6970 with your current 6950. But I have a feeling that won't be happening ^^

Deleted
    Yea, the 480 is the most powerhungry single-gpu card. More powerhungry than the 580, and the 570 uses less than the 470. The 460 is the "Fermi done right" for a reason

750w is very fine for two 570s.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 11:37 PM ----------

You could also run crossfire with a 6970 with your current 6950. But I have a feeling that won't be happening ^^
    that might be explaining it, but i got a 6950 laying around here, i was tempted to run Xfire on it, and then flash both to 6970 but went for the 570 gtx SC instead, cuz of the size of the 6950 =/ its BIG!