CPU - Intel i5-2500k OC'ed to 4.6 Ghz
    CPU Cooling - Antec 620 All-in-one watering cooling.
    Motherboard - Asrocks P67 Extreme 4
    Case - Coolermaster 690 II Advanced, painted Atomic Orange to compliment the black.
    GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 560Ti Super-overclock 1Ghz edition.
    Memory - 8GB of 1600 DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaw Ram
    PSU - Corsair 750W Silver-cert Modular Power Supply
    HDD - 1TB WD Cavier Black
    Mouse - Razer Naga Blue-corded edition
    Keyboard - Logitech G510
    Monitor - Dell Ultra-sharp 24" Monitor

and a few various orange Xigmatec fans.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1966359

Final parts are in, will post pictures tomorrow evening. Great little computer, a tad warm compared to my old rig, but unfortunately there isn't a replacement 23cm fan that draws in more air.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-08-24 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pics people, pics!
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Hi Guys

Do you think i can OC this setup a little? its now at 2800 GHZ, any chance what i could get this on?

CPU - Intel i7-960
    CPU Cooling - Corsair H80
    Motherboard - EVGA - X58
    Case - Corsair 600T
    GPU - EVGA Geforce GTX 580
    Memory - Corsair veng 16GB of 1600 DDR3
    HDD - Corsair 128 GB
    Keyboard - Logitech G510

Quote Originally Posted by mekmo View Post
    Hi Guys

Do you think i can OC this setup a little? its now at 2800 GHZ, any chance what i could get this on?

CPU - Intel i7-960
    CPU Cooling - Corsair H80
    Motherboard - EVGA - X58
    Case - Corsair 600T
    GPU - EVGA Geforce GTX 580
    Memory - Corsair veng 16GB of 1600 DDR3
    HDD - Corsair 128 GB
    Keyboard - Logitech G510
    Provided you know what you're doing you can likely get the cpu to 4.0 bare minimum and probably 4.4-5 relatively easily: but you know, play with it and don't quote me on that.

I'm finally going to get around to doing a window in the side of my 700D, just need to get some decent fiberglass reinforced cutting discs for my dremel. Considering the release of Deus Ex, I'm going to probably attempt a themed window design. Even if its just the swanky [h+] logo used in the Icarus trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    Provided you know what you're doing you can likely get the cpu to 4.0 bare minimum and probably 4.4-5 relatively easily: but you know, play with it and don't quote me on that.
    4.0 should be cake. 4.2 would be a stretch. That's where most Bloomfields top out.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    rofl, two of the coolest cases ever made in the same pic

personally i prefer glass desks, i picked up two of these from AFW a few years back:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6...0/DSC01491.JPG

What possible use could you have for quad gtx 590s and 24 gig of ram xD
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

He only has two 590s, since they're dual GPU cards he hits the limit of 4 GPUs in SLI with just the two.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    He only has two 590s, since they're dual GPU cards he hits the limit of 4 GPUs in SLI with just the two.
    Oh yeah xD But still that's some serious hardware..
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    Oh yeah xD But still that's some serious hardware..
    A hobby is a hobby. I was surprised to find out how expensive stuff like model trains could be, with a high-end rig. OTOH, they don't get outdated as fast.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I bet you're talking driving and not walking-distance.

People should walk more.
    Yus. If I was to walk, it would be ridiculous, like 1 hour to an hour and a half. x_x Do I wish I could walk to more places? Hell yes, it would be far more efficient than using gas for everything. Unfortunately most things are a bit too far for walking around here. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    A hobby is a hobby. I was surprised to find out how expensive stuff like model trains could be, with a high-end rig. OTOH, they don't get outdated as fast.
    Stamp collecting mate. My father did that for almost 10 years and he spend way more on that than he does on his current hobby (which is golf). Not here to brag, but I believe his collection, and the visit/traveling to meetings of equally interested people cost him around $1500+ a year easily. Extreme computer building as a hobby might seem very expensive, but compared to other hobbies it's actually very average, especially considering that you keep a machine around for maybe 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Stamp collecting mate. My father did that for almost 10 years and he spend way more on that than he does on his current hobby (which is golf). Not here to brag, but I believe his collection, and the visit/traveling to meetings of equally interested people cost him around $1500+ a year easily. Extreme computer building as a hobby might seem very expensive, but compared to other hobbies it's actually very average, especially considering that you keep a machine around for maybe 2-3 years.
    Yea. The "not-as-expensive-as-other-hobbies" part apparantly fell out; that was supposed to be my original point.
    And you don't damage your liver as much as other hobbies I could think of.

Going clubbing/partying has never been my forte! *sips tea and flips over a page in a Pratchett-book*
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Tetris, I'd like to request you meet me for high tea on the morrow.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    <-- retired coin collector. You can bet that that's one expensive one too. My dad is retired as well, however he hasn't sold his collection. I can not imagine how much it is all worth at this point, and I won't say its worth out of respect, but I'd be guessing anyways. He and I were both very into it however, both of us starting in 2003, I stopped in 2007-08, him a couple years later. Too many recent expenses and my mother losing her job of 30 years, so he has had to pay more attention to other things. ';P

Stamp collecting can definitely add up too, I saw some while I was collecting coins with some fairly high tickets and it's amazing how much they're worth, and they're just printed paper, more or less. :P

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 08:54 PM ----------

Yea. The "not-as-expensive-as-other-hobbies" part apparantly fell out; that was supposed to be my original point.
    And you don't damage your liver as much as other hobbies I could think of.

Going clubbing/partying has never been my forte! *sips tea and flips over a page in a Pratchett-book*
    What kind of tea do you like? I'm big on black teas and chai tea, personally. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'm all about Earl Grey and English Breakfast, Deltrus. Figured you might care about me too and not just Tetris :'(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    <-- retired coin collector.
    As a fellow old coin collector myself I just have to say: awesome.

Edit: as for tea, my collection spans some 20 different flavors. Mostly a fan of rooibos tea though.

Also, I just love how this thread completely derails every 10 pages or so.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-08-24 at 09:04 PM.

So today, I had to walk to the center of town (~a mile of downhill from college), then back home with new powersupply, cooler, ram and graphic card. (Uphill all the way home, less than half a mile from college thank god.)

I wanted to take pictures of the parts and then install them, but I could not take pictures. My elbows were so sore that whenever I tried to hold up the camera I shook like mad! D:

So I'll try and get up new pictures instead tomorrow of the complete rig, from which I'm posting on.

Earl Grey, English Breakfast.. that's just too common to be interested in :P

I'm going to drastically change the looks of my PC if my financial adviser lets me (it's just my dad, he lets me order parts via his work sometimes so I don't have to pay VAT :D) Not that I wouldn't do it if he don't let me :P

Going to sell my current card to justify it all. Also I may need to leave my PC on sometimes at night, did that the last two nights already. I can't sleep with the noise from the HAF X...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    So today, I had to walk to the center of town (~a mile of downhill from college), then back home with new powersupply, cooler, ram and graphic card. (Uphill all the way home, less than half a mile from college thank god.)

I wanted to take pictures of the parts and then install them, but I could not take pictures. My elbows were so sore that whenever I tried to hold up the camera I shook like mad! D:

So I'll try and get up new pictures instead tomorrow of the complete rig, from which I'm posting on.
    Did you bring a cart with you?