£520 is roughly the current price of the 24 port card I have in my fileserver. It's been around for a long time though, SAS/SATA2. Areca ARC-1280ML

Good card.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
    Some changes to my setup since the last time I posted, heres an update:

What case is that?! I DEMAND TO KNOW!

NZXT Phantom I think?

Corsair Graphite 600T

Black NZXT Phatom with With strips

EDIT: Suck that the tubes cover the whole room
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    Black NZXT Phatom with With strips

EDIT: Suck that the tubes cover the whole room
    Yeah, most LC builds I've seen are either very conservative with their tubing, or they run their tubing in very specific places.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

He actually could have made them shorter and changed the path a wee bit to help with that. Doesn't matter too much since he has a small loop, but the longer your tubing, the more it takes from your pump. If it's a long loop with many things in it you want to keep your tubing as short as possible. Or just have a better pump(s).
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

Well I'll be honest, Areca and LSi cards are REALLY good. I used to use an 8 port(2 MiniSAS connectors) LSI 8888ELP in my old desktop, awesome card. Had to sell the thing after losing my job since I wasn't using it at that point. Also at the time, I worked at a place where I could get stupid discounts. We cleaned up, repaired or refurb'd used hardware and the like and sold it. Many of the higher ups had no clue about technology, and I worked in receiving.

Also both of those cards had breakout cables already, I didn't need to buy them.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Synthaxx what is the plan after the 20 SSDs and Ivybridge? New GPU since the 600 series and 7000 series should be around by then?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Nah, i still plan to skip that generation of GPU's. Perhaps i'll sit on my hands until i can get 32GB 1600Mhz+ RAM, which should be soonish being 4GB modules have been around for some time. If not, i'll add in the last 4 SSD's for that card. I've not actually looked at Ivy Bridge specific details yet, and outside knowing it's 22nm and will work in P67 board, i don't think i'd be able to say much. I'm hoping for an 8-core hyperthreaded chip but feel that might be LGA2011 only.

Still, having checked up on current prices, and knowing they're likely to drop as we head into the sales near years end, i've worked out that despite the cost from initial view, it shouldn't actually be as expensive on a per month basis as i originally imagined. The first few months are gonna be costly, but it kinda evens out after that.

I guess i'm now at a point where i'm waiting on the tech itself to hit the market. First time i've been here, and it does bore me a little having to wait around, but i guess it's nice to relax once in a while.

Now, if only it wasn't bank holiday tomorrow, i might have been able to get to work on replacing the board
    Dude I'm with you. This is also my first true custom-built computer (the old Gateway being the one from before... ew)... I've been pretty damn sure I was going to aim for Ivybridge since I heard about it several months ago, and that was before I had a job. Now that I have a job I know I'll be getting an Ivybridge, I hope for an 8 core as well. ^_< With any luck, they'll be as overclockable.... or even more-so than the 2500k and 2600Ks. ^_^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

This can't be right...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    This can't be right...
    Have you set voltage to 1.0ish or is it severe vdroop? How stable is it when running IBT 2.52?

10+ Year Old Account
    that vcore does look a tad low, but i'd check it with a different program than cpuz

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Have you set voltage to 1.0ish or is it severe vdroop? How stable is it when running IBT 2.52?
    Severe droop I believe. o_o I honestly don't know. I'll have to reboot and check.

But it's stable so far when running Prime95...

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    This can't be right...
    Looks right to me. CPU-z is not very reliable for checking vcore from my experience.

Also... I really need to start checking this thread on the weekends. I had to catch up with like... 7 pages. :s
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    similar results with my cpuz vcore screenshot.

i assume it's because i have dynamic vcore on, as i cannot seem to set the vcore directly and alter it to a specific value. as a result, in all honesty, i actually have no idea what my vcore is. on an average day though it doesn't go much above 60C and on a hot/stuffy day it reached around 65C average, so it's not really an issue right now.
    Last edited by mmoce6d6d6a277; 2011-08-29 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Looks right to me. CPU-z is not very reliable for checking vcore from my experience.
    Then what to use? ;_;

Deleted
    Then what to use? ;_;
    This: http://www.northerntool.com/images/p.../163100_lg.jpg ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Don't even know where to begin with that.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

=.= @ Marest

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 02:25 PM ----------