wish i could post my set up but...nopeeee

Gonna be switching the power switch/LED to a blue one, add a 200mm on the top and front, then move the current front black 120mm fan to the side.

Specs:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    CPU: Intel i7-2600k 3.46GHz (may OC in the future)
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz
    PSU: Corsair TX 850 Watt (80 plus certified)
    GPU: GTX 570 EVGA Superclocked
    SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB (OS and programs - Just ordered recently so you won't be seeing it in the picture)
    Intel 320 40GB (Smart Response Technology)
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Storage)
    Seagate external drive 2TB (More storage)
    Heatsink: Asetek 550LC (I have a new Noctua NH-D14 sitting around, considering swapping it out, but LC is doing a pretty damn good job so far, very quiet)
    Last edited by Nifra; 2011-09-29 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You made that TX850 look pretty neat considering how many cables that thing's got coming out of it, good work
    And lol @ a D14 "sitting around". You don't have a D14 "sitting around". You shove that beast on that poor little CPU as soon as you can and OC to 4.5ghz+
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You made that TX850 look pretty neat considering how many cables that thing's got coming out of it, good work
    And lol @ a D14 "sitting around". You don't have a D14 "sitting around". You shove that beast on that poor little CPU as soon as you can and OC to 4.5ghz+
    Considering how my TX850 looks... the P1 cable was a fucking inflexible rope

Almost feels a bit lonely with all the build threads smacked over to a subforum...

Here's my setup:

- Thermaltake Armor
    - I7 2600K + Hyper 212 Plus cooler
    - Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    - HD5870
    - 16 GB 1333MHz RAM
    - Intel 80 GB SSD
    - 2x WD 2TB HDD
    - 24 inch HP w2408h (1920x1200)
    - Logitech G11
    - Logitech Click! mouse
    - Some cheap Logitech headset

I probably should've cleaned up my desk and gotten rid of all the dust on my case, but meh, too lazy!
    Something that I should mention is that it's not THAT bad, it's just that the flash from my camera makes it look alot worse than it is :P

Last edited by Arachnan; 2011-09-28 at 12:00 PM.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Almost feels a bit lonely with all the build threads smacked over to a subforum...
    Almost.

I am in bliss personally, I can actually find interesting threads without having to search in between a billion "is this i5 2500K setup good!" threads.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    Here's my setup:

- Thermaltake Armor
    - Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    - HD5870
    - 16 GB 1333MHz RAM
    - Intel 80 GB SSD
    - 2x WD 2TB HDD
    - Logitech G11
    - Logitech Click! mouse

I probably should've cleaned up my desk and gotten rid of all the dust on my case, but meh, too lazy!
    Something that I should mention is that it's not THAT bad, it's just that the flash from my camera makes it look alot worse than it is :P
    ]
    So it's "make believe dust" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    So it's "make believe dust" ?
    That's what I keep telling myself when I almost made the effort to clean it, yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I am in bliss personally, I can actually find interesting threads without having to search in between a billion "is this i5 2500K setup good!" threads.
    I'm in this boat.

I also bought a new license for W7 pro upgrade to put on my laptop. Only $40 for students in Canada. Hooray to be rid of Vista!!
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Deleted
    Almost.

I agree but I also understand that not all of them read this forum regularly to know how many of those threads there is already and majority is probably just excited to post about their new setup. Or maybe they just wanna make sure they get it right before they enter their credit card information. They appreciate the help from the "pros" at MMO-Champion

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost.

Because they're all so obviously different! ;p
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2011-09-28 at 06:46 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    Here's my setup:

- Thermaltake Armor
    - Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    - HD5870
    - 16 GB 1333MHz RAM
    - Intel 80 GB SSD
    - 2x WD 2TB HDD
    - Logitech G11
    - Logitech Click! mouse

Cant really tell, but it looks like your back fan might me blocked by that curtain! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Cant really tell, but it looks like your back fan might me blocked by that curtain! :O
    Naw, it's fine when it is in it's normal place. Had to move the case around a tiny bit to be able to take a picture without unplugging everything :P
    's not alot of space in my room sadly.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking at getting a mid tower with optimal cooling for the winter, as it tends to get hot in my room during the day with the furnace going and I am concerned about my computer overheating which runs at 55 on the GPU alone and 45 on the CPU when on load. I know it's probably not going to overheat that easily, but I'd rather not have a room that is 70 degrees when my computer is running and the furnace is on in the winter.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16811103024

That's what I am looking at, might use my micro case as a media server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am looking at getting a mid tower with optimal cooling for the winter, as it tends to get hot in my room during the day with the furnace going and I am concerned about my computer overheating which runs at 55 on the GPU alone and 45 on the CPU when on load. I know it's probably not going to overheat that easily, but I'd rather not have a room that is 70 degrees when my computer is running and the furnace is on in the winter.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16811103024

That's what I am looking at, might use my micro case as a media server.
    1) 55c on the GPU and 45c on the CPU (loaded) is incredibly cool, make sure you check with someone before you assume things are running "too hot". The "too hot" mark for an Intel CPU is anything above 75c (it won't shut down the system till you hit the 90's), for AMD chips it's around 60-65c, and for the GPU it's around 90-100c before you need to start worrying. These chips are designed to last for years and years under those temps

2) I wouldn't recommend that case. I means sure it's pretty cheap, but a HAF912 or NZXT Gamma/Alpha will do you much better in terms of build quality and features.
    edit: or an M59 as below poster pointed out.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-09-29 at 01:21 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am using an NZXT M59 mid tower right now and couldn't be happier as far as mid towers go http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146058
    Excellent build quality and very good airflow. I couldn't ask for a better mid tower and it's worth quite a bit more than it's $50 price tag imo.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-09-29 at 03:58 AM.

Anyone seen the MSI 560ti hawk? I'm tempted to buy that now. It has stock overclock settings and it claims "twin frozr III technology" so it might run just as cool as the twin frozr II series.

Edit: (Link)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...60%20ti%20hawk
    Last edited by conqq; 2011-09-29 at 03:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Anyone seen the MSI 560ti hawk? I'm tempted to buy that now. It has stock overclock settings and it claims "twin frozr III technology" so it might run just as cool as the twin frozr II series.

Edit: (Link)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...60%20ti%20hawk
    the twin frozr III isn't as good as the II. it's louder from what I hear, with minimal difference in temps.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    the twin frozr III isn't as good as the II. it's louder from what I hear, with minimal difference in temps.
    Well, without loudness in mind, hawk vs twin frozr II? It has about 100 MHz OC from stock 560ti and nearly 200MHz OC on the shader clock. I read some bad reviews about overheating, etc. but I know it's probably rare to receive faulty units