Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Am I the only one bothered by the "Dell" label on them? Gives me this cheap, office pc, ripoff alienware -ish feeling which I'm finding hard to shake. Don't get me wrong, fine screens but still.
    It's about the only thing they sell that I'd consider buying. The monitors are normally kind of pricey but at $60 off the 23" is actually a really good deal for it's quality. But I totally understand the reluctance towards the brand.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

So I noticed I'm pretty much a snail at filling HDD space, so a 240 GB SSD is looking tasty... (That's roughly how much I've used by intentionally not giving a frag about space! >.<!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Well, there's very little motivation for most people to look into buying one, I'd argue.
    i think it's more of an issue that everything is out of stock, my first attempt to order, the rampage iv was out of stock, now the 3930k is out of stock, so I've given up and I'm gonna wait till the 3980x comes out, as well as some more info on ivy bridge

im also kinda waiting on a new case to release

Thoughts on buying a 240GB SSD tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    im also kinda waiting on a new case to release
    While I think there could be some improvements to the HAF X, such as quick release vs thumb screws, it's sort of hard to beat the air flow and temps offered by the case. Add in the fact that it's using almost exclusive 200mm or larger fans, which are much quieter, there's no other case I would recommend over it. The 140mm rear exhaust and my GPU are the only fans I can hear running.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Dammit, another HAF X recommendation. The case really isn't that amazing. :/
    And temps wise "hard to beat"? I doubt it.

As a rule of thumb from my POV it's about equal to my Level 10 GT, but I'm ultimately not quite satisfied with either case. What makes me happy about one of them makes me unruly about the other. Maybe the 800D is interesting, but I don't know. I'm at the verge of seeing if I can bribe a friend of mine into creating a custom case.

Or rather, bribe him into helping clean up these designs I'm working on so we can literally tell a machine to do it. >>
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-12-16 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is almost every case, for full size ATX and bigger, just so darn ugly? I really hate most if not all of the case designs and think it might have to do with their bulkyness and approach that bigger is better because cable arrangement will be easier and you can put your hamster in there.

My next build will probably be mATX (or why not ITX?) with a thunderbolt-attached external unit for the harddrives. Tech is shrinking and so should my desktop machine do too.

Got a twin 27" monitor today and rearranged my desk a bit:

Twin monitors on the left for my main system (in sig), work lappy and workstation on the right. The twins are Samsung SyncMaster P2770 monitors, the updated HD version on the right. Still working on matching up the color and contrast, they use different configurations, but they do look great!

Well, sketchy about the last part, but I can understand moving to a mini-ATX or even -ITX. Just grab one of those tiny cases that have two PCI slots and get a dual-slot GPU I guess.

I'm personally looking into seeing how much I'd have to pay up for watercooling, but this case turns out to be a bit limited in the end due to only really having two fans that will natively support radiators. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    While I think there could be some improvements to the HAF X, such as quick release vs thumb screws, it's sort of hard to beat the air flow and temps offered by the case. Add in the fact that it's using almost exclusive 200mm or larger fans, which are much quieter, there's no other case I would recommend over it. The 140mm rear exhaust and my GPU are the only fans I can hear running.
    actually i can't stand the HAF, I'm referring the new Cosmos II

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    actually i can't stand the HAF, I'm referring the new Cosmos II
    http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/obsi...ries-800d.html

only downside is no sata3 on the hotswap bays, so an SSD will have to go elsewhere. But if I didn't already have my Silverstone, I'd be buying that one.

...Did you click the image in his sig, TradewindNQ?

...Did you click the image in his sig, TradewindNQ?
    Nope! Did now. Not sure why he'd want a different case then :P

Dorky mistake. I didn't know until after your post when I thought, "Hey, doesn't Cyanotical have his rig in the sig..." and, avast, there it is!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the Cosmos II supposed to be released like 2 months ago? (Back in October)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

$300 for a case that does not even have a GPU cooler? That case only works for people who LC their GPUs.

That does not have a GPU cooler? Mind clarifying? That it doesn't have a dedicated GPU cooling fan you mean?

Corsair 800D is particularly targeted towards watercooling, but there's nothing really stopping one from using the 800D. Temperatures should never be high unless your cooler is bad.

Having owned a 700D and worked on the 800Ds I can say that while they are suited for watercooling, they're not out-and-out designed for it. Honestly, their airflow design is lacking for such an expensive case. They're very well built, however. I do like mine (despite what I've done to it!). I look forward to seeing some more full-towers from Corsair in the future.

A few small tweaks would have made a much better case (120mm intake behind front bezel at bottom below the hotswaps/divider, full vents along the bottom of the case with a filter that can be removed from the front, for a start. The full length vent, along with a lower cage that was screwed rather than riveted in would have made fitting a radiator down there straightforward).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Yeah, I noticed my Level 10 GT has a problem when it comes to watercooling. Lovely case with good solutions for fan filters, but dammit, I can't fit more than two radiators on. A 120 or 140 and 200mm or 240.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I noticed my Level 10 GT has a problem when it comes to watercooling. Lovely case with good solutions for fan filters, but dammit, I can't fit more than two radiators on. A 120 or 140 and 200mm or 240.
    hence why i want the Cosmos II, the 800D is nice, but its the first real answer to the original Cosmos, the HAF is okay, but it lacks the nice features and build quality of the Cosmos, and even the 800D, while a modern spec case, is just a shadow compared to the Cosmos RC-1000 in features and build quality, the only reason I went with the 800D was that it is about the only case on the market that seemed like an acceptable replacement

the Cosmos II was supposed to be released in october, but the official line is that CM wants the case to be perfect, and once they feel it is ready, they will release it, considering the following behind the Cosmos series, its a wise move

oh, and there is nothing wrong with using SATA-3 drives in the hotswap bays on the 800D, there is no difference in medium between SATA-2 and SATA-3