Deleted
    no cpu cooler?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    no cpu cooler?
    He is probably using the one that comes with the 2500K, for now.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    He is probably using the one that comes with the 2500K, for now.
    hope not. i made the mistake of using the AMD cpu cooler for a week while i waited for my H70 to come in with tri-fire 6950's ended up with melting off 1 ram heatsink and some high temps

Hmm. Ordered my HD 7970 just a minute ago. Here's hoping the stickers come off easy on the darn thing. I'm not a fan of the "HIS" logo. Or I can just ignore it I guess for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    hope not. i made the mistake of using the AMD cpu cooler for a week while i waited for my H70 to come in with tri-fire 6950's ended up with melting off 1 ram heatsink and some high temps
    A 2500K's cooler will keep it cooler than that, so long as he doesn't try to push 5.0GHz.
    "A flower.

A 2500K's cooler will keep it cooler than that, so long as he doesn't try to push 5.0GHz.
    Yeah, I chose the k model to overclock it later, for now I just want to assemble it and see how it runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grim961 View Post
    Yeah, I chose the k model to overclock it later, for now I just want to assemble it and see how it runs.
    It'll "run" as well as every other 2500K + mid/high-end GPU setup out there where the primary bottleneck continues to be a 7200RPM HDD as far as overall system performance is concerned.
    But that's fine for most people since they're only after superb performance in gaming, and boy does a setup like that deliver
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I don't see the sense of paying that much money for something that could get damaged. :s
    Like say... a car? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Like say... a car? :P
    I suppose people stupid enough to wreck a car would be stupid enough to wreck $360 earbuds as well. Good point.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It'll "run" as well as every other 2500K + mid/high-end GPU setup out there where the primary bottleneck continues to be a 7200RPM HDD as far as overall system performance is concerned.
    But that's fine for most people since they're only after superb performance in gaming, and boy does a setup like that deliver
    Loading/seek times =/= "overall system performance".

People with 7200RPM drives will have the -exact- same system performance in games and elsewhere as anyone with a SSD, they're applications and games will simply just take longer to load.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Loading/seek times =/= "overall system performance".

People with 7200RPM drives will have the -exact- same system performance in games and elsewhere as anyone with a SSD, they're applications and games will simply just take longer to load.
    I think at this point you could argue that a loading screen impedes on a games performance. Especially with Skyrim, where loading times take awhile on mechanicals, a solid state makes it near instant. This is all opinion though.

What the heck, Fuzzy? Skyrim loads instantly on my Spinpoint F3, and for everyone else with a remotely recent HDD. o_O

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 01:47 PM ----------

However, consoles apparently load it really slowly. (My PS3 did at least.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Being someone who once gamed with his 2500K+7200RPM drive and then moved to gaming on a 2500K+SSD system.... glo's point is simply invalid. It DOES make a difference in games, while it is not fps, it makes other things smoother, let's use an example most here if not all should be very familiar with.

So flying around Stormwind City/or Orgrimmar, but I played Alliance - we should all know by now that no matter what your settings/computer/network/whatever, you cannot be on one end of SW and have everyone on the far other end already loaded, the game doesn't let you do that, it would impede too heavily on your system and performance. Flying through SW, from say Mage District through Trade District through Dwarf District and finally stopping in the ports area, on a HDD will be bombarded with little drops in FPS where your computer goes "GAH, *trips* you knocked my leg out from under me!" *gets back up*

With an SSD? This problem is barely apparent as it is able to read and draw all these people much quicker, and thus no hiccup in the performance. This is especially apparent for people when they are in a 25 man raid and staring a boss down and then when you first enter combat, on an HDD things will hiccup for a couple moments, on an SSD, it will be minor or nonexistent.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I think at this point you could argue that a loading screen impedes on a games performance. Especially with Skyrim, where loading times take awhile on mechanicals, a solid state makes it near instant. This is all opinion though.
    nah, i have skyrim on a C-Black 1TB, and most loading screens barely let me read what ever text they have

but glo is kinda wrong, seek times are rather important for new model loading as well as model swapping, while it's not a requirement, an SSD will make for smoother gameplay, especially if you arent sitting on 8 drives, and have everything on it's own separate drive, if you have only 1 7200 RPM drive, then you will notice a huge gameplay improvement by putting your game on a SSD, but this only applies to continuously loading games, like wow or skyrim, a singlestage loading game like portal will not see an improvement in gameplay by using an SSD

Being someone who once gamed with his 2500K+7200RPM drive and then moved to gaming on a 2500K+SSD system.... glo's point is simply invalid. It DOES make a difference in games, while it is not fps, it makes other things smoother, let's use an example most here if not all should be very familiar with.

So flying around Stormwind City/or Orgrimmar, but I played Alliance - we should all know by now that no matter what your settings/computer/network/whatever, you cannot be on one end of SW and have everyone on the far other end already loaded, the game doesn't let you do that, it would impede too heavily on your system and performance. Flying through SW, from say Mage District through Trade District through Dwarf District and finally stopping in the ports area, on a HDD will be bombarded with little drops in FPS where your computer goes "GAH, *trips* you knocked my leg out from under me!" *gets back up*

With an SSD? This problem is barely apparent as it is able to read and draw all these people much quicker, and thus no hiccup in the performance. This is especially apparent for people when they are in a 25 man raid and staring a boss down and then when you first enter combat, on an HDD things will hiccup for a couple moments, on an SSD, it will be minor or nonexistent.
    You must have been using one shitty drive. I've never had these issues.

Here's a cold boot and WoW load in, on a notebook, and with fraps recording to the same HDD. Still smooth as butter.

i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account

Here's a cold boot and WoW load in, on a notebook, and with fraps recording to the same HDD. Still smooth as butter.

your stormwind is almost empty, try that on tichondrius on a tuesday afternoon

15+ Year Old Account

I would say it's subjective for many games. I notice absolutely no difference having SC2 on my Force3 versus my RAID array. WoW, I didn't notice a whole hell of a lot of difference on Nathrezim during slow days, but the SSD makes a huge difference on say, Sargeras at peak hours.

Skyrim doesn't make much difference, according to some people.

Almost all of my Steam library is on my RAID array, and I don't have loading times in anything except Skyrim (that I play recently).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    my RAID array
    That right there.

Is more than most people have in their setups, 2 or more WD C. Blacks? Most people maybe have 1 C. Blue. :P Hell some even run 5400RPM drives. =/
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a few games on my 500GB Cav blue at work, still extremely subjective.

10+ Year Old Account

Ingenius job of showing us your email address, WoW account name, and number of characters in your password. I highly suggest you take that video down before someone of less moral standards takes a looksie.

Anyways.. on the topic of the video. WOW good job! You logged in outside of SW at about 8AM on a low-population server at best! Yeah. Try that on a server like Zul'jin-US, or like the servers Cyanotical and Asera suggested, or Blackrock US for example... you'll get owned, I assure you. :>
    "A flower.