So, further development of my computer's going to be slightly halted until this is resolved. :<

The CPU waterblock I wanted to order was supposed to come into stock yesterday, but it never did after all. Now I'm wondering swapping over to this instead:

10+ Year Old Account
    Round Rock, Tx (US - Thrall/Skullcrusher - Horde)
    My Setup

Dual screening my laptop and 40" TV. Just got it set up last night, so I'm still getting used to it. Can't wait for my new desktop and monitors to come in!

I got a pretty nifty desk on sale, so I figured it was time to redo my set up. Even kept my old wooden desk on the left, so muh homies can come over and gank with me
    Last edited by Vynrael; 2012-01-19 at 07:58 PM.
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynrael View Post
    My Setup

Dual screening my laptop and 40" TV. Just got it set up last night, so I'm still getting used to it. Can't wait for my new desktop and monitors to come in!
    Sitting that close to a 40" TV has to be awkward?

Well, that's honestly the thing, Synthaxx. They were running out of waterblocks like someone were nomming them for breakfast.

Strangely, that waterblock you see there is the only one they have any notable stock left of. 10 of them in fact. Which is quite strange imo, since only 300 were produced...

Raystorm (which is apparently superior to all the other blocks) just didn't come into stock. The Rasa was out of stock. Pretty much all the EK HF blocks were out of stock. Etc etc. Even the alternative Apogee HD ones were gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Round Rock, Tx (US - Thrall/Skullcrusher - Horde)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Oh, it is. Thankfully, my chair leans back quite far, really comfortable actually, so my face isn't as close to the screen as it seems.

Works out quite nicely.
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/a/VYnI0#0

Including my new Tt Keyboard - Loving it btw

Will get a picture of what's inside the computer once I get some half decent cable-management, which is hardly doable in that case - Atleast if it has to look half decent.

Next project is however a new and comfy chair Got an old-school chair which I'm gonna make a stand to, making it like 20cm higher (so it fits with my desk) and put on some office-chair wheel for maximum movemenet without moving

Will probably post some pics once it gets done, which will be sometime this weekend, if everything goes after the plans.

8GB DDR3 1600M Kingston HyperX Grey (2x4GB)
    Intel Core i5-2500K
    ASUS P8P67 DELUXE B3 DDR3 S-1155
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series - Can't remember which, but it's 1GB one. A bit older than the rest of the computer.
    1 TB HDD
    750W PSU

Tt eSPORT Meka G-Unit Keyboard
    Razer Naga Mouse
    Random Logitech 5.1 surround sound
    Razer Carcharias Headset
    Samsung SyncMaster Monitor, hopefully this will be changed sometime in the summer.
    32" Samsung TV as my secondary screen when multiboxing or watching a movie.

Edit: Sorry for the quality btw, taken with my phone.

Edit2: Herpaderp, forgot the actually specs.
    Last edited by mmoc95de20d6cc; 2012-01-19 at 11:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^SERIOUSLY.^

Sitting that close to a bloody 40" TV would murder my eyes outright. Even with the brightness turned all the way down, honestly? You need some non-screen in your view and sitting that close to a 40" will not let you, by no means.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider sitting that close to a 40" the same as front row at IMAX theater. You're technically watching the movie but you're gonna miss something trying to watch the whole screen.
    Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's so important. But it's different at work. Time spent with friends at work robs your employer of opportunity. And robbing people is wrong. Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's the same as stealing.

drunken where are you from? It's weird that no blocks are in stock, and by the way the swiftech blocks are top notch don't really mind the performance on blocks, they are so close just go for the looks.

Nevermind, norway. Don't really know any shops there but do you know if specialtech ships to you for decent prices?

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't I had one for a while, took some time getting used to.

But damn my head started hurting after 8-12 hours for a few days, but I got used to it and the headache stopped.
    Not to mention in the end when you're sitting there and are used to it you won't really notice it's 40".

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    ^SERIOUSLY.^

Sitting that close to a bloody 40" TV would murder my eyes outright. Even with the brightness turned all the way down, honestly? You need some non-screen in your view and sitting that close to a 40" will not let you, by no means.
    Gunnars!
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-01-20 at 01:15 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    It isn't I had one for a while, took some time getting used to.

But damn my head started hurting after 8-12 hours for a few days, but I got used to it and the headache stopped.
    Not to mention in the end when you're sitting there and are used to it you won't really notice it's 40".

Gunnars!
    http://stereopsis.com/flux/

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skesh View Post
    I would consider sitting that close to a 40" the same as front row at IMAX theater. You're technically watching the movie but you're gonna miss something trying to watch the whole screen.
    Good analogy sir, precisely what I was meaning.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    So, further development of my computer's going to be slightly halted until this is resolved. :<

The CPU waterblock I wanted to order was supposed to come into stock yesterday, but it never did after all. Now I'm wondering swapping over to this instead:
    Have you looked at http://www.aquatuning.no/index.php/cPath/22_835 or http://indomo.se/index.php?show=57&m...de=list&id=132 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Noob set up inc. Razer Naga Molten, Logitech g19, Razer Vespula and a Kabuto mouse pads, Turtle Beach PX11 headset, wireless xbox 360 controller. And my comp is an HP g7 stock laptop i had to get when my deaktop had a seizure and died, lol.

It will be a few months but my next build will be with an 8 core AMD or w/e they come out with between now and then. I refuse to pay double or more for a processor that for what i use it for will be minimal or no gains at all in an Intel chip. $270 for an 8 core 3.6ghz cpu that i know several people personally are loving right now is fuine with me. Why would i pay $1k for a name with intel. (just my IMO on that last part, dont take it personally).

I can do the cpu, asus sabertooth mobo, 16gb corsair gamaing ram, most likely 2 gpu's 570 or higher, an SSD, high cap HDD, really nice case i love, 1k watt+ psu, maybe water cool or a nice cooler master cooling fan, 24 inch samsung monitor i like, and some odds and ends for a very reasonable price.

Also if someone can give me some data sites or something on the Intel vs AMD cpu thing that isnt riddled with fan boy talk from either side i would love to see more data on this topic.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2012-01-20 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Also if someone can give me some data sites or something on the Intel vs AMD cpu thing that isnt riddled with fan boy talk from either side i would love to see more data on this topic.
    Fanboy talk? What reviews have you been reading exactly? Because the majority of AMD's official reviews are done by qualified unbiased people (who were really really looking forward to Bulldozer smashing all barriers) and when they generally all hint at the fact that AMD let everybody down including themselves, its because its the truth. Not fanboyism.
    Bottom line - AMD's work with their 8-core Bulldozer has fallen severely short of everybody's expectations. The reason I don't dwell into the specifics is because people can find that out on their own and make their own judgement on it
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-01-20 at 03:11 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Fanboy talk? What reviews have you been reading exactly? Because the majority of AMD's official reviews are done by qualified unbiased people (who were really really looking forward to Bulldozer smashing all barriers) and when they generally all hint at the fact that AMD let everybody down including themselves, its because its the truth. Not fanboyism.
    Bottom line - AMD's work with their 8-core Bulldozer has fallen severely short of everybody's expectations. The reason I don't dwell into the specifics is because you can find those on your own because I don't want actual fanboys ramming me with "look it outperforms an i7 in 1 out of 50 benches!"
    You should know what i meant by fan boy-ism. Its hard to get an opinion on here thats not completely biased one way or another. I guess the point i should have made clearer is. Why should i shell out $1k for a top of the line i7 when i can get an AMD that ive seen work well even OC'd for $700 less and be able to buy almost all of what else i want with the remainder left over. I usually only play one game at a time maybe do some surfing between w/e in the game and want an SSd for obvious reasons and a high cap HDD for storage. So i really just want to play a game on max settings and have good storage space.

Ive been out of the building scene for a while and i really dont know the big differences and thought someone on here might could help me or point me in the right direction.

Deleted
    You should know what i meant by fan boy-ism. Its hard to get an opinion on here thats not completely biased one way or another. I guess the point i should have made clearer is. Why should i shell out $1k for a top of the line i7 when i can get an AMD that ive seen work well even OC'd for $700 less and be able to buy almost all of what else i want with the remainder left over. I usually only play one game at a time maybe do some surfing between w/e in the game and want an SSd for obvious reasons and a high cap HDD for storage. So i really just want to play a game on max settings and have good storage space.

Ive been out of the building scene for a while and i really dont know the big differences and thought someone on here might could help me or point me in the right direction.
    What he was saying is that the $230 intel i5 2500k chip outperforms the bulldozer in gaming benchmarks. If you must have a quadcore the 2700k can do that as well for about $300. You don't need to spend $1k on the 990 or whatever, more $$$ doesn't always equate to more performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should i shell out $1k for a top of the line i7 when i can get an AMD that ive seen work well even OC'd for $700 less and be able to buy almost all of what else i want with the remainder left over. I usually only play one game at a time maybe do some surfing between w/e in the game and want an SSd for obvious reasons and a high cap HDD for storage. So i really just want to play a game on max settings and have good storage space.

So you've been out of the building scene - fair enough. When you've been out that long it's a good idea NOT to draw conclusions about things, like assuming you need a $1k intel chip to compete with AMD's $270 chip. Nobody buys a 990X or 3960X for gaming/regular use (I'm assuming that's where you got your Intel prices from lol). Just ask questions and we'll point you in the right direction, we're mostly unbiased here

So you want to do some gaming eh? I shall point you in the right direction:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4955/t...x8150-tested/8
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpu...-8150-review/9
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-fx...ssor-review/19
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...x,3043-20.html

FYI, an i5 2500K is $230. NOW you can draw some conclusions
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-01-20 at 03:21 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    So you've been out of the building scene - fair enough. When you've been out that long it's a good idea NOT to draw conclusions about things, like assuming you need a $1k intel chip to compete with AMD's $270 chip. Nobody buys a 990X or 3960X for gaming/regular use (I'm assuming that's where you got your Intel prices from lol). Just ask questions and we'll point you in the right direction, we're mostly unbiased here

You may notice that those aren't $1k Intel chips, they're $200-250 Intel chips. I'll let you draw the conclusions.
    Thank you very much, this is exactly what i was looking for. I guess i was just naive in thinking the $1k intel was like the god of gaming chips.

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 10:33 PM ----------

FYI, an i5 2500K is $230. NOW you can draw some conclusions
    so this cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115070 would be very good from what im seeing in the links you posted? And is around my price range.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my first ever custom build. Im very pleased how it came out. One problem is the CPU power cable was too short

Case: NZXT Phantom
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth
    CPU: AMD 8120 FX 8-core 3.1 Ghz (Overclock Incoming)
    GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon 6950 HD
    Heatsink: Cooler Master 212 Plus
    Ram: GSkill Sniper series 2x 4GB DDR3 1866
    Blu-ray burner/ DVD combo drive
    Seagate 1TB HDD
    PSU: OCZ 750W Fully Modular
    Mouse: Logitech G5
    Keyboard: Alienware TactX
    Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula
    Monitor: Asus VH238H Black 23"
    TV: Toshiba 32 inch (Mainly for Xbox and Blu-rays)

Here is a video of me putting it together.

Last edited by Ganador; 2012-01-20 at 03:45 AM.