The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg that is just bloody glorious.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

mayhems dye does not stain from what ive heard, well atleast not as much as others. Nice build, love that koolance 360/370 block

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    did you not get a 8 pin CPU power extendor with your NZXT? i got one with my red NZXT phantom.
    No, I didn't. I am going to order one sometime soon though.

Cyanotical, I'm trying to follow your water loop configuration, can't quite tell 100% what is going on there. Is that just two loops, the 360mm fan radiator dedicated to the GPUs with a reservoir in the front and then a 2nd loop dedicated for the CPU? If so, do you have the exhaust fan for that in the bottom of the case, and what kind of cooler are you using for the CPU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    Cyanotical, I'm trying to follow your water loop configuration, can't quite tell 100% what is going on there. Is that just two loops, the 360mm fan radiator dedicated to the GPUs with a reservoir in the front and then a 2nd loop dedicated for the CPU? If so, do you have the exhaust fan for that in the bottom of the case, and what kind of cooler are you using for the CPU?
    the 360 on the top is just for the GPUs, i have found that it is more then sufficient for cooling both 590's, the second loop is just for the CPU, and goes to a cooler master aquagate 240 radiator, it has two fans in push, and the two fans from the base HDD cooler in front of them, its possible to mount it in push-pull, but i cant find the screws i need

i do plan on swapping out the fans for both the cpu and gpu radiators with CM excalibers or PWM R4's when i get ahold of a corsair link kit

Wouldn't it have been better to go for a single, bigger loop with potentially connected pumps? o.o

CPU 2.2 GHZ Core 2 duo
    Ram 2Gb 1033 Mhz
    V.C. GF8600TG
    HDD 250Gb
    and it suckks
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Moreover, I think I've understood why my graphics card appears to make coil whine... it's coil whine from the PSU, derp.

That annoys me, but this seems to be a reasonable conclusion when the problem transcends two different graphic cards. Sigh. I hope I don't have to begin sending part after part in for repair to find out what's making the bloody noise.

There's probably no good way of testing for coil whine is there?

Deleted
    Do you have a spare PSU you could use to see if it makes a difference?

No, I don't. I'm probably going to purchase another PSU so I'm not computer-less while I RMA my current one though.

15+ Year Old Account
    That mushkin redline ram is just pure awesomeness in that board, Cyanotical :> Makes me want to get the blackline for myself but just can't find it stocked anywhere in Finland at the moment.

Any good international webshop suggestions from european area, anyone?

Yea. The AX-series, while silent, have a tendency to coil-whine, something I've not heard reported from the X-series from SeaSonic (but might just mean I've been looking at the wrong places) from which it's based.

Kind of sad, since I'm pondering the AX850 myself.
    And kind of how I look at the Windforce-cards from Gigabyte. In themselves quiet, but, has coil whining issues.

Well, it's quite a bit hit and miss, and from what I can tell I can actually get a replacement for what they define as "excessive coil whine"

Thing is though, it's hard to tell what's just random background noise, so it took me a long while to realize it wasn't just my ears ringing or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Any good international webshop suggestions from european area, anyone?
    http://www.liontech.se/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:3247315 not sure if they ship to Finland though, yet most Swedish companies do..

(EDIT: I realise the picture is red, but it said blackline where I got the link from [prisjakt.nu] and in the paranthesis, so I'm guessing they've been lazy with the picture)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    http://www.liontech.se/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:3247315 not sure if they ship to Finland though, yet most Swedish companies do..

(EDIT: I realise the picture is red, but it said blackline where I got the link from [prisjakt.nu] and in the paranthesis, so I'm guessing they've been lazy with the picture)
    The thing is, though, that I can find that exact same kit from local pc shop (1.65 volts, tighter timings and 2x2gb size). I'm more like after the cheaper sandy bridge version with 1.5 volts, regular timings and 4gb module size (something like this)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    The thing is, though, that I can find that exact same kit from local pc shop (1.65 volts, tighter timings and 2x2gb size). I'm more like after the cheaper sandy bridge version with 1.5 volts, regular timings and 4gb module size (something like this)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mushkin-9969...7103277&sr=8-9 perhaps?

--------

Just upgraded my computer today, upgraded from am2+ ddr2 motherboard with phenom2 x4 965 to:

Asrock Extreme3 Gen 3
    I5 2500k@4.6GHz
    Noctua NH-D14
    8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1.35V 1600MHz
    Corsair Force GT 120gb

Old parts still in use:
    Fractal Design Define R2
    Corsair VX450
    XFX Radeon HD 5770
    Bunch of Hdds

Currently running Prime95: http://i.imgur.com/wqVIU.png

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2208253
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-01-20 at 11:59 PM.

So thoughts on what colors I should use my sleeving when I get a powersupply that doesn't coil whine, etc? Single cable sleeve, mind you. I'm going black for most of them, but an alternate color for the 6pin on the pcie, 4 of the 8pin and the grounding cable on the 24pin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Something like that, cheers .

Offtopic: My new case and PSU finally arriver, pics inc as soon as I find me camera :>

New monitor! I've been wanting to buy an LED monitor to use as my primary screen for a while now, and I finally found a decent monitor at a good price. I thought I had found an open box on Tigerdirect, but after they shipped it without a power cord and told me it would take up to two weeks to send me one I returned it. I decided to look on Staples' website this afternoon (for some reason they always have really good deals on monitors, better than any other site I know of), got this 23" Dell SR2320L for a great price!

Primary monitor.

Secondary monitor.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-01-21 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have that monitor and despise it. It looks so unclear to me in comparison to say my laptop or my friend's monitor.