10+ Year Old Account
    Deltrus if you really want to keep your gear out in the open like that you could always go for an open acrylic case or something. Just some food for thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or build one yourself. It's stupid simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, i'm sure it would be insanely cheap to build one yourself and you could make it the way you want to be truly unique.

Well I don't want to make anyone jealous but I have a mid ranged stock dell from about 5 years ago..... yeah!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why that's there...
    It is there to hold the GPU in its proper place, sitting straight up, instead of leaning towards the sound card. This is likely one of the reasons for the artifacting that would constantly happen, then I turn off rig, open up side panel, push GPU in, oh magic! Everything is fine.

I was forced to improvise with what I had. =/

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 06:59 AM ----------

Also had an old WoW guildie suggest this:

I kind of like how it looks, just not sure which chassis it actually is.

Actually just found out what this is. It's a Lian Li PC-T60B. Can be had for about $80.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-02-05 at 07:29 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you insult me? I was seriously asking why it was there. I thought it may be to support the GPU, but I didn't think it was necessary considering it was on a flat surface and the GPU should be relatively upright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Why did you insult me? I was seriously asking why it was there. I thought it may be to support the GPU, but I didn't think it was necessary considering it was on a flat surface and the GPU should be relatively upright.
    One would think a GPU should sit upright, yes, but unfortunately, GPUs, especially with heavy coolers on them, have enough leeway to fall ever so slightly, even when sat upright... thus I was forced to improvise.

While I felt insulted by the stupid simple comment, perhaps it was just worded wrong, I'll retract my statement.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's stupid easy to build... I don't see how that could be taken poorly. >.<
    Stupid easy as in it's two sheets of acrylic and a few acrylic pillars. I wasn't calling you stupid. .-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way - I seriously can't make up my mind on which chassis to upgrade to. I want good build quality, good materials, easy to access fan filters, great airflow, ample space to work in, and gah see how this list keeps growing? x_x

Some might just say get the Cosmos 2, but idk if I honestly want to get it... $350 is a lot when I can't be sure that I'll be putting the chassis to full use anytime soon. (i.e. water-cooling, up to 4xgpu, what a super tower is essentially made for...)
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote you get a Corsair 500D. Cheap and one of the nicest looking cases thus far.

Deleted
    Intel P8600 Dual @ 2.40 ghz 2.50 ghz
    4 Gig Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT
    500 gb HDD
    1280x800 screen
    Razer Naga Molten and using the laptop keyboard.

Before anyone says gaming on a laptop sucks I will just say my main PC broke and since then I love laptop gaming mainly because I can go everywhere and play without
    having to carry that giant thing. (Don't worry I'll fix it some day)
    Last edited by mmoc2cfac53c1c; 2012-02-05 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Just finished this build for a friend:

- ASRock Z68 Extreme3
    - Intel i5 2500k
    - 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 1.5V
    - Noctua NH-U12P SE2
    - Crucial M4 128GB
    - Western Digital: Caviar Green 2TB
    - XFX Pro 550W
    - MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti
    - ASUS Xonar DX
    - Generic Samsung DVD RW
    - Fractal Design Define R3
    - NZXT Sentry Mesh

I was pleasantry surprised by the R3. It's a solid mid-tower, well structured with a very (and I do mean very) sleek design. A few things did bug me (like the rather small grommet for the PSU and the metal piece covering one of the 5.25" bays), but all in all this does feel like a well rounded mid-tower. It's also incredibly silent (I'd say it managed to suppress ~60% of the noise from the DVD when we installed BF3).

The Z68 Extreme3 is a surprisingly feature-rich motherboard considering the price. It looks really sleek too. The only thing I feel it is missing (that I noticed) is the lack of a for USB 3.0 (front). It does have 4 USB 2.0 connectors though.

Pleased with how it turned out (so is my mate). Cable management isn't perfect but will do for now (what bothers me is the red S-ATA cables).

Cable management in the back. The R3 is pretty spacy and allows for cables to be bunched up without a big bulk in the side-panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im always happy i went for modular psu when i see stuffed up cables underneath the HDD.

Other than that nice job, dunno why u no liek red sata cables though!
    “We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.”
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz | CM Hyper 212 | Asus P8P67 M-Pro
    MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr 975

Deleted

Pimp.

* User was infracted.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-02-05 at 05:08 PM.

Well, as much as I love modular powersupplies, the SATA and molex cables still piss me off. I do not need a million SATA and molex connectors on a single cable, dammit. Make some modular solution to that already, manufacturers. :|

I mean, why not instead offer some of those "rails" such as what you see with the Level 10 GT, where you can easily connect a single SATA power cable to a 'ladder' of others that line up perfectly with rows of HDDS? 'Cause odds are, most users are either going to have 1-2 HDDs and possibly an optical drive, or a million HDDs where the current molex/SATA cables still suck because they won't line up with HDDs directly on one another.

And for case manufactures, why don't you have a more properly dedicated space for superfluous SATA/molex cables? Even just an enclosure that'll fit into one-two HDD slides would be brilliant.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-02-05 at 03:26 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there are SATA ribbons that plug into multiple drives and use a single molex power connector, however for data I think that's a bit harder to design due to each data cable requiring independent SATA cables going into the board. If someone could design a system that allows you to mount your hard drives and optical drives into the case and have them already powered, maybe use a colour coded system to connect them to your SATA data inputs correctly on the motherboard with single molex connections for the power, it might work. I like the Level 10 GT for that reason, however it's an expensive case and pretty huge.

Oh, the accessories are there, Rennadrel. And that's why I'm iffed. The fact that powersupply manufacturers add 6 SATA connections to a single frigging SATA cable, often with things like 30cm space in between, makes the damn thing take up a ridiculous amount of space for no good reason.

And I think it's about high time powersupply manufacturers instead made cables with single SATA connector, instead supplying additional connectors as accessory.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    One would think a GPU should sit upright, yes, but unfortunately, GPUs, especially with heavy coolers on them, have enough leeway to fall ever so slightly, even when sat upright... thus I was forced to improvise.

While I felt insulted by the stupid simple comment, perhaps it was just worded wrong, I'll retract my statement.
    You didn't remember my piece of masking tape holding my 6870 up when I had my parts strewn across the desk a few years ago. (The picture I posted yesterday or Friday)
    red panda red panda red panda!

Random picture of how things look on the backside of my machine btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Front side.... please? O_o Either way that looks excellent.
    "A flower.