10+ Year Old Account
    Cable management of the year.

It's been running like that for about 2 months, didn't notice any performance hit.

Can you get an infraction for absolutely horrible cable management? XD
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    It's been running like that for about 2 months, didn't notice any performance hit.
    It's not too bad from the front side . And backside doesn't matter anyway.

Was pondering quite a while what was the purpose of that fan above the power supply until I realised it must be hanged on the side panel >.> Silly me.

cable management is not meant for performance reasons moresoe for the reasons of clenliness and simplicity. those who spend the time to make sure the inside of their case is super clean and all cables are tucked in their optimal spots feel accomplished. its kinda like the dirty room affect. those same people will not be as likely to show off their internals or will warn the viewer of their lazy wiring job.

i personally did not care on my first computer as i didnt take much pride in it. this new computer however i wanted to show off to the world so i made sure it was all tucked away. friends and family saw my work and now want me to make them computers so i guess the attention to detail worked.

to each is their own and dont feel bad if your cables are just thrown in there. setup looks good and hope to see more comps with clean setups in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Corsair 800D doesn't have a sidefan, it's just something I put there so it could blow some air up to the GPU, but now it's on the other side of the heatsink because having both of the A70 fans were too loud for me.

I'm definately going to get better cable management for my summer rig.

The only thing I'm worried about is the power cable to the motherboard, the cable is bending and touching the GPU but I'm sure nothing bad happened.

My second GTX 580 is in my drawer because I really can't be arsed to install the Arctic cooling heatsink/fans on it, talk about laziness XD
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-03-11 at 06:19 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly inux94... your cable management looks pretty decent compared to a lot of other folk... At least you got your CPU 8 pin around the back of the motherboard and did it without a silly extension. ;D
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    My cable management is horrendous. I need to get extensions when I do some upgrading. Got my new SSD, next month I am going to get a new board and some memory, then a GPU.

Quite coincidental that inux just posted about cable management! I decided to attempt to do a bit of cable management myself this afternoon, specifically for the cables behind my motherboard.

Supplies:

Before:

After:

Honestly, I'm not sure if I made a whole lot of difference... Although it is easier to slide the back panel on now. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Noteworthy you're supposed to show us the actual visible part, that's the part that truly matters. The back is where all the cables go, so we want to see the hardware side!
    "A flower.

I've got plenty of pictures of my hardware elsewhere in the thread, nothing has changed there. ;-)

With the notable exception: I'm using the top HDD rack now because my bottom card was running considerably hotter than the top one (for some reason, my MoBo designates the bottom card as the primary one). So, I moved my drives to the top so that the air from the bottom-front fan could more easily get to my bottom card. Also, now that I've flipped my PSU the correct way, I no longer need the 24-pin power cable extension, so that's gone.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-11 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deltrus, there is no management in my cables xD if you look closely some of my cables are just laying inside the case completely visible because of the annoying placement of the power cable on Asus Maximus IV Extreme, I often have to shove in the cables in the back to close the case.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-03-11 at 09:04 PM.

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I've got plenty of pictures of my hardware elsewhere in the thread, nothing has changed there. ;-)
    There has to be a change though, I mean the inside of your computer, the other side. After cable management the visible part with the motherboard and all that typically looks better. A picture like this is what I'm asking for an update on:

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have come to the acceptance, of me never having a case like Deltrus'. But no matter what, my case now is an upgrade from before.

The new.

The old.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gotta spend like 1-2 hours doing management and buy a pack of about 100 cable ties. Patience is required!

Here's a video that taught me some stuff, if you can take the time to watch it, he delves pretty deeply into some good cable management tricks.

inb4 tetrisGOAT comes in: "ick TTL!" It's really a good video to learn something about cable management, he really talks a lot about it and shows a lot of techniques.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by passetto View Post
    cable management is not meant for performance reasons moresoe for the reasons of clenliness and simplicity. those who spend the time to make sure the inside of their case is super clean and all cables are tucked in their optimal spots feel accomplished. its kinda like the dirty room affect. those same people will not be as likely to show off their internals or will warn the viewer of their lazy wiring job.
    Not exactly. Especially if you have a non-modular PSU. Properly managing your cables will free up the business side of your case for better airflow. It might not be a huge diference, but it's still going to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Those sticky things look very interesting. Got a close up of them out of the package? I wasn't to happy with the tie down points in my GF's case and never thought of this route.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    inb4 tetrisGOAT comes in: "ick TTL!" It's really a good video to learn something about cable management, he really talks a lot about it and shows a lot of techniques.
    TTL imo has a some of the better videos out there. He dives further into builds than most others and isn't afraid to actually call out the issues like some of the others out there. He's also a nut which makes the videos commical too

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Those sticky things look very interesting. Got a close up of them out of the package? I wasn't to happy with the tie down points in my GF's case and never thought of this route.
    I'll take a picture of them when I get home, but in the meantime, here's their product page: http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M...D=SVDN29G1JXbe (still, no close up pics though).

When my scholarship kicks in and I get money back for returning the HD 7970 I'm finally going to get the Powercolor HD 7970 LCS. Then promptly stuff it into the rig, hose shit up and run purely distilled water through there. Why's that? Well, mostly just to clean up any dust and shit that might've been filling up the thing. Hopefully I can obtain some sort of filter that I can put down in the res, with the purpose of blocking stuff from continuing into the loop again.

Regardless, hoping to get some pictures up soon. Goddamn laptop won't load imgur.com or other picture sites correctly, and it's not a matter of cache bugging things.

I'd still be too worried about impurities getting onto/into sensitive components, even with "pure distilled water"... I bought a small, expensive paint brush (in the hopes that the cost would mean the bristles were less likely to fall out) from Lowe's to get the stubborn dust off of my components. I use it in tandem with a regular vacuum cleaner (brush dust off, have the vacuum hose waiting to suck it up).

I think this is a convo better suited for the new Computer Chat Thread.

Might as well post my build:

i7 3960X @ 4GHz (While I wait for my new water cooling parts, of course. Currently running Corsair H100 w/ Corsair Link)
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw Z @ 2133
    Asus GTX580 MarsII @ Standard 782MHz
    Asus Xonar 1.3 Deluxe
    OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 (240GB, games and heavy software)
    Patriot Pyro SE 240GB (Boot drive)
    Corsair Force 3 120GB (Old boot drive, i still dont know what to do with this)
    1x Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB
    Corsair AX1200

Keyboard: Logitech G19 (Being replaced)
    Mouse: Razer Mamba '12
    Headset: Astro A40 (Being replaced)
    Monitor: 2x Asus VE247, 1x ViewSonic V3D245

Other stuff:
    Xbox 360 Halo Reach Edition
    PS3 Slim (260gb?)
    Asus Xonar Essence One
    MSI GTR683DXR
    A donut from hesburger
    Woody PEZ Dispenser

Some general pictures:

That said, I'd take a picture of the complete inside, but it's messy. I'm still waiting for my new cables so I can do a better job with the cable management along with new stands for the Asus monitors. And yes, I might have too much money, just don't ask about my server setup.

(PS: Razer Goliathus is a pretty terrible mousepad if you use a dual sensor mouse, just saying.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    While those of us who have ever played a video game before, stop and think "Gas coming from the walls. probably don't wanna touch that"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sýf View Post
    <snip>
    Why did I just get 27 emails regarding your post? >_>

OT: Sweet rig! Trying to compete with Cyanotical?
    "A flower.