Quote Originally Posted by Khaaaaaaaan View Post
    As much as I like tweaking and messing around with my PC, the thought of it being submerged in oil is just baffling.

Deleted
    Getting an oil-rig is not to recommend. It will be a horrible cooling-solution after X hours unless you have a pump and an external radiator. Besides, all your components will be covered in oil and more or less worthless for future resale (or give away).

Anyway, back on topic shall we? I said farewell to my Phantom today. Will miss its plastic fat arse.

Anyways, my new FT02 will arrive early next week! Yay! (Until further, I'm stuck with an old Core2Duo.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post

Your single screen looks very small and lonely there....

Also wouldn't it feel more spacious if you put the case behind the screen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Your single screen looks very small and lonely there....

Also wouldn't it feel more spacious if you put the case behind the screen?
    Well, this was at my parents house (which is why it's set-up on the kitchen table) right before someone was going to take a look at it (not the guy who bought it though). I sold it together with the stuff you see in the picture (will sell my LG screen later as well), so effectively keeping my K90, Naos 5000 and my U2711.

I guess it would look slightly bigger with the case behind it, but it's all about perspective I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-04-13 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this was at my parents house (which is why it's set-up on the kitchen table) right before someone was going to take a look at it (not the guy who bought it though). I sold it together with the stuff you see in the picture (will sell my LG screen later as well), so effectively keeping my K90, Naos 5000 and my U2711.

I guess it would look slightly bigger with the case behind it, but it's all about perspective I guess.
    Lol, fair enough... the point was more that it wouldn't feel as cramped... I hate feeling cramped when i'm on my computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    here's a pic of my updated waterloop with the new radiators:

Did you run a tube behind the motherboard there from rad to res? o.o

Looks like res->CPU->Rad->GPU->GPU->lower rad(?)->Behind motherboardtray up to res

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Lol, fair enough... the point was more that it wouldn't feel as cramped... I hate feeling cramped when i'm on my computer.
    Well, the first thing the guy said when he entered the house was "I thought you were selling a computer, not a space ship". Guess he's never seen an (almost-)enthusiast PC before ^^

Well, the first thing the guy said when he entered the house was "I thought you were selling a computer, not a space ship". Guess he's never seen an (almost-)enthusiast PC before ^^
    You should have shown him a picture of the CosmosII or a Caselabs STH10 next to somebody

You may have mentioned, but what're you picking up? I take it you're not just replacing the case.

Cyanotical, any reason you use compression fittings over "normal" fittings? I've been told they're easier to install, and I think they look cooler, but all of the "How To" videos from people (TTL for example) only show "normal" fitting installation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You may have mentioned, but what're you picking up? I take it you're not just replacing the case.
    As I mentioned earlier I'm expecting my FT02 (black with window) to arrive shortly. What I will essentially put in it isn't entirely certain yet, but it will most likely be a Z77 board together with an i5 3570k cooled by an H80.

Oh, and I'll be skipping my my planned Trinity-based HTPC for now. I've already sold my E-350 as well. Stuck with a core2duo until I can pick up the 3570k.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-04-13 at 05:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me but barbs just look cheap. Especially if you use hose clamps to tighten them up. Compression fittings are the only way to go :P

PS. I sense some frustration there Marest Core2duo is still going strong as ever!

Deleted
    Running an INTEL P4 3.2 GHZ
    AGP asus 4650 card
    2gb ddr400 mem
    500gig Hard Drive.

Sucks, and cant afford any new things

Take two of my beast. Bought some more red extensions, NZXT ones this time, since the red BitFenix Alchemy PCI-e extensions were out of stock everywhere. Also changed from a Sapphire 7970 to an EVGA GTX 680, because I wanted to go "Team Green" and a long time friend was in need of a new graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Maybe it's just me but barbs just look cheap. Especially if you use hose clamps to tighten them up. Compression fittings are the only way to go :P

PS. I sense some frustration there Marest Core2duo is still going strong as ever!
    I actually really like the look of barbs with no clamps. I have my loop set up this way with 1/2" barbs and 7/16" ID tubing. If you cut it perfectly straight with a razor blade, the fittings almost disappear. It looks great to me. The only advantages I see with compression over what I have right now is that I have to cut my tubing off the barbs to get it off. Compression fittings done right can be pulled apart in short order and put right back together without having to cut fresh tube.

Deleted
    Some awesome looking setups here guys. I remember when mine looked shiney and new, but then the dust came, and made me sad Anyone know a way of reducing it apart from watercooling?!

Quote Originally Posted by TriXaM View Post
    Some awesome looking setups here guys. I remember when mine looked shiney and new, but then the dust came, and made me sad Anyone know a way of reducing it apart from watercooling?!
    Dust filters