Just ordered parts for new build!! Will post pics soon as its built, parts listed below

i5 3570k
    coolermaster 212 evo
    biostar tz77xe4
    Corsair vengance 8gb
    corsair gs800w psu
    asus dvd rw
    crucial m4 128gb
    wd blue 500gb, already had
    nzxt phantom 410 black midtower
    Sapphire toxic 6850, also already have but looking to upgrade soon

Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    uhhh lets see...
    i7-2600k
    8gigs of ram
    Nvidia GTX 550 Ti

I guess those are the only specs that matter...don't know the mobo or anything but it's handled everything I've thrown at it.
    Curious as to why you have a 2600k but only a 550 Ti.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTube1080p View Post
    Curious as to why you have a 2600k but only a 550 Ti.
    Because it's a "gaming PC" prebuild purchased from some store, he didn't build it.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Because it's a "gaming PC" prebuild purchased from some store, he didn't build it.
    I never will manage to work out why pre-built "Gaming PC's" always have such borderline low-mid range graphics cards.
    It's not like half the people buying them wouldn't happily/un-caringly shell out an extra £100 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    I never will manage to work out why pre-built "Gaming PC's" always have such borderline low-mid range graphics cards.
    It's not like half the people buying them wouldn't happily/un-caringly shell out an extra £100 or so.
    The majority of people buying prebuilds simply don't know what performance that extra $100 will net them because they're unfamiliar with how graphics cards are ranked, plus they're already being overcharged $1200-$1500 for what is essentially a $700 build (I used $ because I don't know £ prices off the top of my head).
    The customers' lack of knowledge (and unwillingness to do any research) is a huge opportunity for sellers : /

It's often not a matter of an additional $100; I've seen those exact specs on a machine that was a 100% complete scam of a prebuilt. Cost about $2000 here in Norway, which even with price adjustment is still ridiculous.

Deleted
    It's not that by adding $100 it would perform better, it's simply down to how the average consumer thinks. Why do they pair a 550 Ti to a 2600k? It's simple:
    - Intel is well established as is nVidia. Simply having an "i7" will make the computer sell a lot better than if it was an "i5". It's how the market works. Talk to any sales-representative at a major electronics store and he will try to pitch that "i7" to you, even if it is 2-3 generations old.
    - It works a bit different for nVidia and GPUs. "Geforce" as well as "GTX" sells. The added "Ti" sells as well as it lures the consumer into thinking that it has something extra (the 550 Ti sells better than the 560 in pre-builts). Also, ask anyone without computer knowledge and they will most likely say that the Gefore GTX 550 Ti is better than the Gefore GTX 460, perhaps even the 470. They will definitely say that the GT 530 is better than the GTS 450. Tl;dr: the avg. consumer focuses more on the first digit than the second.
    - Further, it's still too focused on RAM and harddrive space. A 2TB machine with 8GB RAM will sell better than a 1TB machine with 4GB RAM even if the latter has a superior GPU and CPU.

In either case, this is getting a bit too far off topic. Feel free to create a separate thread if you wish to discuss it further.

Finally got around to hooking up my other monitor. Don't know how I did anything without it.

Keyboard: Steekseries 6gv2
    Mouse: Razer Naga, along with the mouse pad and headphones
    Acer monitors
    Off the self computer...which is awesome and can run any game on highest settings with no problem.

Finally a clean, neat desk. The mess and dirt/dust I see in some images make me shiver. Nice job!

What are your specs btw?

I currently have a pretty short CPU power cable, so it routed over my gfx card to connect on the mobo. Anyone know if there's an extension for it so I can pass it behind the motherboard? If this question is too off-topic I would appreciate a PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    BitFenix has braided extension cables. Look for their alchemy cable series.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    The majority of people buying prebuilds simply don't know what performance that extra $100 will net them because they're unfamiliar with how graphics cards are ranked, plus they're already being overcharged $1200-$1500 for what is essentially a $700 build (I used $ because I don't know £ prices off the top of my head).
    The customers' lack of knowledge (and unwillingness to do any research) is a huge opportunity for sellers : /
    All told it really did only cost me $780 of the shelf. And I did do research on that card and it seemed to be a decent card for what I want it do it....guess I shouldn't have posted anything after all...
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All told it really did only cost me $780 of the shelf. And I did do research on that card and it seemed to be a decent card for what I want it do it....guess I shouldn't have posted anything after all...
    So long as you don't try to game at 1920x1080, you'll be fine, but really, the $100 saved for opting for a 2500K could have net you a 560 Ti or perhaps even a 570, or better yet a 7850, which are far better cards.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to pay Marest to build me my next PC. that build is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I'm going to pay Marest to build me my next PC. that build is amazing.
    He might just require that you get rid of the Razer peripherals though. ;P
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Just get him to build the tower and hide all the peripherals!
    red panda red panda red panda!

Two hardcore cores pushing out a whopping 2.2 ghz each followed by a powerhouse ati mobility video card

10+ Year Old Account
    Semi-recently moved and getting the computer up the way I wanted it took a while but now it's done. I pretty much have 1 meter of wall space to have it on, so compromises were necesarry.

With the temporary table it looked like this:

Now it looks like the below pictures. As usual the camera sucks because it's my cellphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see I'm not the only one paranoid about keeping every cable lifted off the floor, very clean look

1/10 for the wallpaper. Bleeeeh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Wries! Really looks very clean. Kind of makes me want to do some external cable management myself..... >_>

BUT WITH WHAT?! D:
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Damn Wries! Really looks very clean. Kind of makes me want to do some external cable management myself..... >_>

BUT WITH WHAT?! D:
    GL with that and your tiny ghetto ass desk :P

Deleted
    BUT WITH WHAT?! D:
    The best thing you have at your disposal of course....You're imagination