The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pictures, please, Lild1991!!

I'll try to get some soon. Gotta get my camera back from my brother first.

Deleted
    Looks extremely sexy Daveric! Looks cleaner without the LEDs in my opinion though. No SSD?

Deleted
    Did anyone else notice the boot error in the first picture of Daveric's post?

Deleted
    I went ahead and did some cable management looks a lot better and now i don't think "oh no..." every time i have to open the back panel

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that looks superb sir! Great work!

Deleted
    Thx Deltrus! just wait for next month were i'll have all the cable sleeved and taking my computer to a friend of mine who have one hell of a camera to take some better pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always here, watching.... waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Azome View Post
    Thx Deltrus! just wait for next month were i'll have all the cable sleeved and taking my computer to a friend of mine who have one hell of a camera to take some better pics
    Yeah the back of mine looks nothing like that...you have inspired me.

Edit: the forum ate my other post.

Yeah...I forgot to put the windows install disk in to reinstall (using the same hard drive from my old rig which you can see in the corner in one of the pictures) and it was looking for old hardware. It turns out that pic had the best lighting with system on.

No SSD yet, though it is planned, and I've already replaced the top fan with two non led fans I had lying around. Eventually I will replace them with a set of corsair af120s (or the 140mm version if there is space), and I'll switch that front fan out as well. I had to cut out the fans and the ssd to justify the 670 with my CFO (the wife).
    Last edited by Daveric; 2012-06-12 at 10:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveric View Post
    Yeah the back of mine looks nothing like that...you have inspired me.
    You should go back a page and see what the back looked like yesterday!

Edit: since i started a new page it would be more like 2 pages now
    Last edited by mmocad6adc97cd; 2012-06-12 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl
    Power Supply: Enermax Platimax 850W
    Motherboard: Asus P9X79 PRO
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB DDR3-RAM @ 1600 MHz CL9 (have to put them all in the right slots because they are to huge to fit under the radiator/fan )
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 Dual-X OC-Edition 3GB GDDR5 running Bios 2
    HDD: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda, 320 GB WD Scorpio Black (I 'm going to change it for a big SSD in a few months)
    SSD: 64 GB Samsung 830
    Cooling: Corsair H80 with 2 NOCTUA NF-P14 FLX in push-pull config
    Case Fans: NOCTUA NF-P14 FLX (have to change the fan in the bottom front to a NOCTUA NF-P14 FLX)
    Fan Controller: NZXT SENTRY 2

I'm not satisfied with the cablemanagement ... hate the cables on the right from the Sentry 2. :/

Need to upgrade my peripherals. After I cleaned up my room in a few days I'm going to take photos from my desk and additional from my rig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest getting some low-profile RAM, I bet it would fit under the H80 no problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233239

^Essentially the same RAM but smaller heatsinks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I would suggest getting some low-profile RAM, I bet it would fit under the H80 no problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233239

^Essentially the same RAM but smaller heatsinks.
    Yeah, thanks! I know them but with my old rig I haven't needed low profile and the high profile were a lot cheaper at my retailer. :/ I don't know how much performance I am giving away with the current state (didn't found anything on google about this issue). Low profile on the left and the high ones on the right should also function or am I wrong? If the performance impact isn't that great this "upgrade" has to wait. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eclesion View Post
    Low profile on the left and the high ones on the right should also function or am I wrong? If the performance impact isn't that great this "upgrade" has to wait. ^^
    Yes, it should, if they have the same timings (CAS Latency, CL) and frequency (MHz), which I do recommend you to match.

As for your other question, it's basically you running them in single channel when you should quad channel. That might help in your google quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yes, it should, if they have the same timings (CAS Latency, CL) and frequency (MHz), which I do recommend you to match.

As for your other question, it's basically you running them in single channel when you should quad channel. That might help in your google quest.
    Ah thanks! So it's quad channel or single channel and nothing in between. In that case my peripherals and the second SSD have to wait (but I think I can make a ramdrive with the additional ram sooo ... more to research. :P That's my first self build rig so I take gratefully any advises from you guys!

Deleted
    Getting my new GTX680 Twin Frozr OC today, very excited. Will post a picture of my complete rig later today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't help but notice how most people have their cases on the left side...and against a wall or something similar and the window is also on the left side of the case so it serves no purpose at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Can't help but notice how most people have their cases on the left side...and against a wall or something similar and the window is also on the left side of the case so it serves no purpose at all....
    One of the reasons why I didn't go to the effort of modding a window in to my Arc

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Tetris for the monitor & Marest for the build!

- - -

Fractal Design Arc Mini
    Pentium G850
    Antec Earthwatts 550w 80+ Platinum
    XFX Radeon HD 6850 FOC
    2.5TB HDD's & 128GB SSD
    2x 4GB 1866hz Kingston HyperX RAM
    Asrock H61M-HVS

Worked on the first boot, going to install OS, now I'm going to get some well deserved food :P
    The build is made to be used as a HTPC/LAN rig, Dreamhack is in 2-3 days so it's perfect timing. (Except I don't know how the hell I'm going to carry it all the way to Jonkåæøping, Sweden from Denmark... Tetris/Marest do you have a car? :3)
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-06-13 at 11:23 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Jonkåæøping
    I don't even...

Anyway gratz on first boot, neat little rig there
    No matter how many rigs one assembles, it's always satisfying to see the baby whirr into action upon first boot.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze