15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm rather sad we never saw a GTX 660 or 660 ti. Of course they may still be on the way, but I feel nVidia are lagging behind here very badly.
    It seems like we've hit a plateau. There's nowhere to go in terms of improving performance, because 1920x1080 has remained the dominant resolution for quite a while now (thank the HDTV market and XB360 for stagnating that IMO), Very few people like multi monitor spanning due to weird compatibility issues/wires/the existence of plastic bezels, and 120hz scan and 3D tech is hardly cost effective right now. :|
    red panda red panda red panda!

Very few people like multi monitor spanning due to weird compatibility issues/wires/the existence of plastic bezels,
    And the fact that you need about 75 inches (nearly 2 metres) of desk width to accommodate three 23" monitors if you include bezels.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm rather sad we never saw a GTX 660 or 660 ti. Of course they may still be on the way, but I feel nVidia are lagging behind here very badly.
    Third week of August.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    stuff
    Consoles are 720p. GPUs will continue to improve. However, the future is in higher-res monitors first. The problems are game studios atm, because of consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And the fact that you need about 75 inches (nearly 2 metres) of desk width to accommodate three 23" monitors if you include bezels.
    Monitors are measured diagonally.
    To use the U2312HM as the reference 23" screen here, they are 546mm/~21.5" in width, including bezel, meaning 1638mm/~64.5" total, or ~1.64m.
    For 27", I'll use S27A850T as it has thinner bezels. It's 642.5mm/~25.3" in width, for three you get 1927.5mm/~75.89", or ~1.93m.
    Still less than the 2m you said, albeit larger than 75". Then, if you use a mountarm for it, or just the less feet, you actually won't need that big of a desk, not to mention that you don't position them straight, but rather concavely.

Ah yes, forgot that was the diagonal measurement.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Consoles are 720p. GPUs will continue to improve. However, the future is in higher-res monitors first. The problems are game studios atm, because of consoles.
    The PS3 is capable of outputting true 1080p resolutions in games. Thing is, whether or not the game developer wants to do that is beyond their control. The 360 on the other hand will only allow 720p in games (as far as I can tell), and even the dashboard.

In fact, most games on consoles right now have staggeringly different "true" resolutions. For example, Uncharted's "native" resolution running on a PS3 is 960W x 1080H. So basically pixels are doubled horizontally to achieve the illusion of true 1080p. I'm guessing the flat pixels are somewhat hidden by the average TV panel matrix pattern.

Basically you're right, the problem is developers, indirectly because of these two old consoles. But at least one of them is not strictly 720p only.
    red panda red panda red panda!

I doubt it can run 1080p. 1080i, perhaps. Either way, that's a topic for another thread.
    Sorry for derailing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Image taken with my shoddy phone.

Not everyday you see a Pentium G850 paired with a GTX 670 =) (Also 16GB of RAM on 2 sticks)

My motherboard is still in RMA, my GPU which I ordered 25 days ago finally arrived, so why not? :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

You all have convinced me my next case is the Switch 810. Curse you all XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bear in mind you'll have some production scratches/stains of black paint (on the white one) on the Switch 810, it's not a huge deal since it's on the parts you can't see from the outside :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I don't think that's necessarily something you should claim, inux. Freak accidents happen, and your list of stuff that came in sounded like everything gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Just bear in mind you'll have some production scratches/stains of black paint (on the white one) on the Switch 810, it's not a huge deal since it's on the parts you can't see from the outside :P
    I had a singular line of white pain on the mb side of my Azza Hurrican, but it wasn't worth sending it back in for a replacement. Scratches happen, and paint happens. Honestly, as long as it wasn't on the front or top, I don't really care too much lol

I want a new monitor, 23" is just too small. Looking for a 27" 2560x1440.
    Playing since 2007.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I want a new monitor, 23" is just too small. Looking for a 27" 2560x1440.
    Not really the best place to post it, but I suggest you start a new thread, say you want suggestions and how much you're willing to spend. (Note: be ready to spend a healthy chunk of money if you want a GOOD one.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Not really the best place to post it, but I suggest you start a new thread, say you want suggestions and how much you're willing to spend. (Note: be ready to spend a healthy chunk of money if you want a GOOD one.)
    I know, too bad there ain't 120hz 2560x1440 monitors yet.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I know, too bad there ain't 120hz 2560x1440 monitors yet.
    I was looking for that earlier. Let's make a thread saying how companies need to get on making IPS 120Hz 2560x1440 displays already!
    "A flower.

Let's make a thread saying how companies need to get on making IPS 120Hz 2560x1440 displays already!
    correct me if i'm wrong, but such resolution & refresh rate simply cannot be transfered via HDMI or dual-link DVI due to bandwidth limitations

correct me if i'm wrong, but such resolution & refresh rate simply cannot be transfered via HDMI or dual-link DVI due to bandwidth limitations
    Isn't that what Display Port is for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Isn't that what Display Port is for?
    Damn, beaten to the punch.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a pretty simple setup, with my Lenovo laptop as the centerpiece (I know--I'm that "no desktop" guy). Nothing fancy, but it suits me just fine.

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Z570-1024DMU
    2nd Monitor: Gateway HX2001L
    Speakers: Kilpsch ProMedia 2.1
    Keyboard: Logitech K360
    Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei
    Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK World of Warcraft Cataclysm Goblin Edition
    Smartphone: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
    Last edited by insmek; 2012-07-20 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see someone using the oh-so-famous Promedia 2.1's.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze