Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W
    256 GB Samsung 830
    2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
    3x Noctua NF-S12B
    2x Be Quiet Shadowwings 120mm
    Samsung Bluray
    Floppy 3.5" (Yes. Really)
    ...and my old Gigabyte GTX 460 1GiB 256-bit membus

And while the PSU makes my heart hurt, it was free.
    A tad confusing build, isn't it? What's it used for exactly? What's that motherboard for? Was some of the parts picked for looks?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Still have to figure out how to best manage all the bloody cables behind computer, we have the computer's power cable, an audio cable, two video cables, a few USB cables at least, Ethernet cable, you get the idea, lots of stuff.
    With these:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...&cs_id=1052006
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    A tad confusing build, isn't it? What's it used for exactly? What's that motherboard for? Was some of the parts picked for looks?
    Most enthusiast and or stylish gamers prefer looks along w/ performance. Just like cars our pc's are our hotrods.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Most enthusiast and or stylish gamers prefer looks along w/ performance. Just like cars our pc's are our hotrods.
    I think the question is more trying to ask: Why so many high-end components, but only a GTX 460. That's what's really coming across as glaring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I think the question is more trying to ask: Why so many high-end components, but only a GTX 460. That's what's really coming across as glaring to me.
    Sounds like tetris had it lying around collecting dust (figuratively speaking ofc) so it saved them 150+ bucks for a new graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Sounds like tetris had it lying around collecting dust (figuratively speaking ofc) so it saved them 150+ bucks for a new graphics card.
    No parts were chosen for its looks.
    The motherboard, he thought were extremely ugly. But it came with a floppy-connector, so that's why he wanted it. In difference to the ASRock Z77 Extreme6, which is to my knowledge the only other Z77 with internal floppy connector, this came with double-ethernet ports, something he wanted.

He's not a gamer, he wants a quiet computer and he feels a computer without an internal floppy is either not a real computer or a notebook.
    He's taking part of GIMP, meaning he'll run his cores to near the 100% mark all the time.

And you were correct in guessing of the reason for the GTX460. It was more powerful than what he had, it was more quiet, drew less power and it meant that I could snag the HD6900-series card he got for free from Sweclockers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fine enough . I knew it wasn't picked at random, that's why I asked. It looked like kind of unlikely bunch of parts together which had to be chosen specificly for some purpose or else it'd be rather messy, makes sense?

Oh surely, I would have accepted that as an explanation as well.

Behold, the poverty setup!

I may not be blooming in the financial department, but I make due with what I can afford. I've followed this thread for over a year but never contributed, so here I go! FYI, this system was built last summer but the gpu was purchased this past february.

Processor: Intel i3 2100

Motherboard: GA-H61M-D2P-B3 (Two pci-e x16 slots on an h61 board = godlike! Of course the second is at 4X though. Board cost about 70$ CAD if I remember correctly.) http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...px?pid=3774#ov

Ram: 8gb ddr3 1600 G.Skill

Hard Drive: Some Seagate 320gb

Monitor: Asus VH236H - Syncmaster 920n - NEC Multisync 75

Video Cards: XFX HD 6870 1GB for the VH236H - ASUS Nvidia GT 210 (EN210 Silent) for the other two monitors

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream-Pro 500W

Headset: Teknmotion Yapster Gaming Headset (Had these for about a year now, the quality is more than decent for a 10 dollar headset)

Mouse: Logitech MX518

Keyboard: Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard

Speakers: Logitech X-540
    Last edited by kaa03fire; 2012-07-29 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRT monitor! Been a while since I've seen one of those in this thread.
    It's funny because it's sitting next to one of the best gaming monitors out there (VG236H) :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

this is going to be my starter build with room to upgrade overtime due to not having much money, going for decent gaming keyboard and mouse next though, linking this up to my 1080p 32 inch tv to play GW2 to start off with with my lap as my desk on a comfy chair.

2085 - NEW! Intel Core i5 3570K
    CPU Cooler: 3015 - Xigmatek Loki SD-S963
    Operating System: 11014 - Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Motherboard: 4139 - NEW! Asus P8Z77-V LX
    Memory: 5041 - 8GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x4GB)
    Hard Drives: 6034 - Corsair 120GB Force3 SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
    Additional Storage: 6028 - 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
    Optical Drive: 7003 - 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
    Graphics card: 9047 - NEW! AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Sound card: 10001 - Onboard 7.1 Audio
    Case: 17045 - NEW! EZCool Mesh ATX
    PSU: 18039 - NEW! 600W Xigmatek

Which 7850 are you going to get?

Which 7850 are you going to get?
    if its directed at me i was not sure there were any other models of the 7850 so here is the basic specs, the comp is being built for me as im lazy and want to be sure the comp will be good. due to money the only other cards available is the gtx 570 1280 or gtx 550ti 1GB and was sure the 7850 would be the best option. Myabe in a few months i may get another one and SLI 2 7850s as they are relitavely cheap and good performance or a single 7970 3GB depending on which would result in the best performance.

Interface PCI Express 3.0
    Video memory 2GB
    Memory type DDR5
    Engine Clock 860MHz
    Memory Clock 4800Mhz
    Memory Interface 256-bit
    Max. Resolution 2560x1600
    Connectors HDMI, DVI, 2x Mini DisplayPort
    Pixel Pipelines 1024
    DirectX Support 11.1
    OpenGL Support 4.2
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2012-07-29 at 09:10 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Ah yes, totally forgot to buy some. I was thinking a slightly different type, suppose I'll see what the hardware store has.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    if its directed at me i was not sure there were any other models of the 7850 so here is the basic specs, the comp is being built for me as im lazy and want to be sure the comp will be good. due to money the only other cards available is the gtx 570 1280 or gtx 550ti 1GB and was sure the 7850 would be the best option. Myabe in a few months i may get another one and SLI 2 7850s as they are relitavely cheap and good performance or a single 7970 3GB depending on which would result in the best performance.
    I meant "which company is building it?" As in Asus, Gigabyte, Sapphire, MSI, XFX etc.

10+ Year Old Account

workstation project for my brother

What is the expansion card between the sound card and the first graphics card?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the expansion card between the sound card and the first graphics card?
    firepro v7900, it's the GPU, the 590's are solely for CUDA

Deleted
    Probably upgrading my 6750 to a 7850 next month. My graphic card has always been slowing down my computer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post

workstation project for my brother
    That looks sexy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    That looks sexy
    yea i know $2400 in just cards.