Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    no idea, guess ill find out. i benched it with just the 2 pulling so ill see temps. they might just be blocking air for all i know. im just having some fun trying different things man!
    Nice 600t. You can remove the plastic hard drive spacer from the bottom if it starts to bug you. Just pull the front fascia off.

I posted mine a few pages back (403).

I dont think I can post pictures yet so heres my setup..

Intel core i7 2700k @ 4.5ghz on air
    Corsair A50
    16gb Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600
    Intel DP67BG Motherboard
    Asus gtx460 1gb
    Antec 300 with Antec TrueQuiet 120s
    CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blues)
    Asus Xonar DG
    Asus 27" 1920x1080
    Samsung 23" 1680x1050
    Windows 7 Pro

All of that sitting on an Ikea Fredrik with custom LED desk lighting.

I'm not very tech savvy so I'll probably miss out some details but I built myself a new rig recently

i7 2600k @ 3.4ghz
    16gb ram
    64gb SSD (now I realise this was too small, going to upgrade it)
    Radeon 7970 OC graphics card by Gigabye
    I know nothing about motherboards but mine is: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4

Criticism is very welcome as I love keeping my rig updated and having a smooth running machine.

I have never done any overclocking. For some reason this runs Diablo3 like crap. Worse than my old rig which wasn't a gaming machine at all and had 4 gig ram / 6850 graphics. Runs other games beautifully though.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-08-09 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    I'm not very tech savvy so I'll probably miss out some details but I built myself a new rig recently

i7 2600k @ 3.4ghz
    16gb ram

Criticism is very welcome as I love keeping my rig updated and having a smooth running machine.

I have never done any overclocking. For some reason this runs Diablo3 like crap. Worse than my old rig which wasn't a gaming machine at all and had 4 gig ram / 6850 graphics. Runs other games beautifully though.

Its a good time to upgrade. The price per gigabyte has gone as low as $.50 per. I'm going to upgrade soon too when mechanical hdds go back down to pre-flood prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    Nice 600t. You can remove the plastic hard drive spacer from the bottom if it starts to bug you. Just pull the front fascia off.

I posted mine a few pages back (403).

Sweet ill probably do that tomorrow, i didnt know if i could or not and i didnt want to break anything on it. Thanks for the advice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post

i7 2600k @ 3.4ghz
    16gb ram

You should be running D3 a lot better with that. Turn Vertical Sync on and see what it runs like. And make sure in the control panel that it's not using the iGPU on the CPU instead of the 7970.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Got some new fans in to replace my stock h100 fans, and i have to say they're amazing.
    http://i.imgur.com/ZJFd6.jpg
    they're the corsair SP 120mm fans. They're quieter and keep my 3930k temps 2ish degrees cooler on idle. And if anyone notices my 1 empty dim, its cause for some reason after I built this comp one of my G.skill sticks didn't want to work anymore. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The standard fans with the H100 aren't great. I replaced all mine with beQuiet! Shadow Wings, fantastic pieces of kit.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that the Corsair Graphite 600? its a damm sexy case too bad its a mid-case
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Is that the Corsair Graphite 600? its a damm sexy case too bad its a mid-case
    Why's it too bad? It can fit a baffling amount of stuff, ie 2x120 rad and 3x120rad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Why's it too bad? It can fit a baffling amount of stuff, ie 2x120 rad and 3x120rad.
    I love big cases (thats why i got a Cosmos 2) and i doubt my watercooling system would fit in that case.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I love big cases (thats why i got a Cosmos 2) and i doubt my watercooling system would fit in that case.
    It doesn't fit natively in the 600T, but you're "only" able to fit an additional 240mm in the Cosmos II without getting creative anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    One 360 is enough tho no need to get a additional 240 into it

One 360 is enough tho no need to get a additional 240 into it
    Enough for 3930k + GTX 680? I use 360+240 for i5 2500k + GTX 680, lol. I should probably add another GTX 680, since the processor hardly needs a lot of cooling anyway. (What with Sandy Bridge usually hitting voltage limit before thermal limit.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye 360 is enough too keep 3930k + 680 cool (atleast too a friend of mine and watercooling system building is his job :P)
    I got a Swiftech MCR320-XP eXtreme Performance Radiator + a Laing D5-MCP655 12V and XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2012-08-09 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    (What with Sandy Bridge usually hitting voltage limit before thermal limit.)
    SB-E doesn't exatly functoin the same as SB, there is a "sweet spot" where they are more stable than stock, this seems to be around 4.6 with 1.4-1.5v, you can go beyond that, but you will never be as stable, and you will hit a thermal limit first

(atleast too a friend of mine and watercooling system building is his job :P)
    if you're friend really did that, then he would have told you to not buy the Cosmos II, its not a very good case for watercooling, nor would he have let you go with an XSPC res

If I were to water cool a computer, I'd get a Switch 810 over a Cosmos 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    SB-E doesn't exatly functoin the same as SB, there is a "sweet spot" where they are more stable than stock, this seems to be around 4.6 with 1.4-1.5v, you can go beyond that, but you will never be as stable, and you will hit a thermal limit first
    That's nice to hear, but I wasn't trying to imply anything about SB-E in the quote... ouo;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    if you're friend really did that, then he would have told you to not buy the Cosmos II, its not a very good case for watercooling, nor would he have let you go with an XSPC res
    He doesnt go over cases he goes over watercooling i made the choise for Cosmos 2 because i like the looks and tbh its very good for watercooling it has lots of space and u can place 3 radiators into the case if you want i dont know why many people say its not a good case for watercooling because i find it to be a fantastic case for it i know its not cheap but i got the money so it aint a problem also the XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir is in combo with a Laing D5-MCP655 12V that Reservoir doesnt fit on any other pump.[COLOR="red"]

Ofc did i not only take advise from my friend but also took advise from the forums where i order all my watercooling supplies and since i took a Laing D5-MCP655 12V they advised me too take XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir eventho i wanted to go with a different one.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2012-08-09 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post

I dunno, the Cosmos 2 has a lot of potential but there certainly are better choices out there. XSPC make some great reservoirs for the low end (and in the UK, they used to be one of the few that made affordable ones -- in fact, they still are one of the only ones) but they're not what i'd recommend either unless you're on a real strict budget. His friend may do system builds for a living, but as many of the regulars know, you can get better advice on most forums than you can "from friends" or from shops.

To be fair, with the price of the Cosmos 2, i'd grab a Caselabs case. Their low end cases seem to be a similar price and they're truly beast watercooling cases. Their high end are much more expensive, but you pay for what you get.
    I was actually rather disappointed with the Cosmos II, dispite it's size, there is very little it can do without a good amount of case modding, the top does not natively fit a 360 rad, (as you can tell by the screw hole placement, nor can you do push, or push/pull, the top is pull only) and there are some QA issues with the side panel latches, along with a bad fan controller ( pulse style, instead of variable voltage)

I'd agree that caselabs is a better choice, but water isn't really needed anymore, even if you fit 4 680s in, they will still be within temperature spec under full load

XSPC's bay res has the same cracking issue as most others, the only one I've seen without this is the Koolance, but it is milled from a solid block of acetal
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-08-09 at 03:07 PM.