Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    @to make it officially "gaming" i present sc2 on native res(yes 1920x1080) with medium settings
    Man I really dig those ASUS Zenbooks. If only I wasn't a hermit and had a use for a laptop.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Stop complaining about PSU's being overkill, sometimes they come in at a good price point, on more than one occasion i have seen the AX850 on sale for the same price as the 750, and there is nothing wrong with tons of overkill, 750/850 may be overkill for a quadcore/670, but it's not overkill for a quadcore/sli, there is nothing more upsetting than to get a new GPU or second GPU only to find out after it arrives that you are a few amps short on your PSU

nor can you point to efficiency loss, if you really care about those 50 or so watts you are wasting by not being in the optimal power range, shut off a light somewhere
    The more I am reading this thread the more I'm thinking this too! I'm not sure I understand the argument.. can anything actually go wrong by having a PSU that has reserves of power or is it just about getting systems absolutely perfect?

Like, if you buy a larger PSU won't that just cover you pretty much forever no matter how power hungry a system you make in the future? Seems like it would be economical. Or does it cost significantly more on your electricity bill to run a larger PSU?

I could understand suggesting that a 10,000TB hard drive might be overkill, but it seems like the go-to critique is suggesting a 650 watt PSU instead of a 700 watt PSU.

You are all welcome to make a thread about it. This thread is about peoples and yours gaming computers.

Alright, so following up from previously, the Corsair C70 really does shine and look so much better with an 'actual' side window, imo It looks even nicer now.

Acrylic panel + a trip to my friend's DIY workshop + 30mins =

Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-08-23 at 12:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice cable management Drak, certainly better than mine. :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Wow, that improved it alright.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got my case today and just got it almost finished. Just need to tie down the cables in the back and make sure there's no way I can hide the other cables or just sleeve them all white, I haven't decided yet.

Next upgrade on my list is to upgrade these two crappy ass 22" monitors to 24" or bigger and to replace all the fans with white led fans just need to wait for my paycheck to buy those next week. Other than that I think it's fine. Once I'm completely finished, cables will be tied off in the back and it'll move to the desk on the left. And this case is so damn heavy, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder lifting it. I know, I know, I need to exercise more

Oh and, I WANT A GTX670 IN SLIT NAO!

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    new addition, figured it has some place here :P
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iyx1xl.jpg[IMG]
    Holy balls @ that track pad... Massive!
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-08-24 at 02:30 PM.

Please stop quoting images without breaking the image link.
    And in fairness, it's not only a big trackpad; It's more a small computer.

Well, it's finally finished. I hope I post the images correctly, if not I apologize.

http://imgur.com/a/dIccR
    Last edited by Steeda_; 2012-08-24 at 03:19 PM.

Not how we usually post images, but that's fine. Anyway, your build looks fine!

This is not the quick question, quick solution thread. Create a thread.
    Further Off-Topic discussion is subject to deletion or infraction.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeda_ View Post
    Well, it's finally finished. I hope I post the images correctly, if not I apologize.

http://imgur.com/a/dIccR
    I'm thinking about sleeving my cables all white to match the inside of my case, but being about to replace the PSU in about a month I really don't want to do it twice lol. Guess it'd be good practice though. And I still need to work on the backside as I did what I could to keep it organized back there, but I still need to put force to get the back panel on .

http://imgur.com/RF5ue,ZaZcu,pjRNv,d...qX,Fhaza,tmedI
    Last edited by Bryce; 2012-08-24 at 05:25 PM.

Finally got my GPU back, so I decided to make a new pic, now with all the parts in it.

Had to move my soundcard because of the gpu reactor thingie, which is probably just a gimmick anyways...

Pretty creative heat fin shapes aswell...

Temps went from 98°c in furmark to 55°c.
    Last edited by protput; 2012-08-24 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Finally got my GPU back, so I decided to make a new pic, now with all the parts in it.

[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/iE2Vol.jpg[/IMG]

Had to move my soundcard because of the gpu reactor thingie, which is probably just a gimmick anyways...

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cxhYPl.jpg[/IMG]

Pretty creative heat pipe shapes aswell...

Temps went from 98°c in furmark to 55°c.
    I don't even see the heat-pipe, what is so creative with it?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I don't even see the heat-pipe, what is so creative with it?
    Heat fin, my bad... Look how bent it is

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Heat fin, my bad... Look how bent it is
    Well the bend on that heat fin looks more like a manufacturing error.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Well the bend on that heat fin looks more like a manufacturing error.
    Yep, pretty messed up, but I'm not sending it back for that...