It's been a while since I last saw a red graphics card PCB

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    My brother's Cosmos II as it looks right now. We don't have compressed air or anything on hand, so it's dusty as hell, lol.

http://i.imgur.com/NhdDzl.jpg

Cosmos II
    AX 850
    Asus P9X79 Deluxe
    Corsair Dominator 4x8GB, 1600MHz @ 1.5v
    Intel i7 3930k
    GTX 680
    Corsair Force 3 240GB... x2

Thinking of doing some changes to the watercooling, heh. Think a freestanding res and pump (it's currently an Alphacool 5.25" mounted solution) would look good in here?

Looks for dust, sees none.
    It's like when you go to someone's house and it's like immaculately clean and they tell you "Sorry for the mess" knowing they just cleaned the whole place before you came over.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 01:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EllishaPally View Post
    Noticed my m4 ssd's were getting full so i popped into memory express on boxing day.

http://i.imgur.com/sliY6t.jpg
    Shipping box says 240g product box says 120g is that old vs new?
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-12-30 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook with integrated graphics and 4gb RAM ftw!!

But, soon to be i3-3220 with GTX 660, 8gb RAM, Windows 8 and if I have a few bones left over, I'll throw in a Razer Naga just cuz I deserve it after suffering through 2 expansions with a crummy Macbook

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll post pictures when I can.
    I made the jump over this christmas to Sandy Bridge from S-1156 due to an OS switch. With selling old parts the Upgraded Parts came out to be like $32 something w/ shipping.

CPU: Intel i5 Sandy Bridge 2500K at 4.5GHz (Mild SSDT) Voltage: Stock
    CPU Cooler: Noctua D14 Push/Pull
    Thermal Compound: Noctua NT-H1
    Motherboard: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Bios: F12 DDST: F12
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (Dremel Fins to Fit D14)
    Case: Corsair 800D
    PSU: Corsair HX650
    Video Card: MSI OC/PE GTX670
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Mouse: Logitech G9x
    Speakers: Logitech Z5500 5.1
    Monitor: Samsung T260HD
    Storage: 2 x Corsair Neutron Series GTX 240GB 2 x Seagate 1TB Barracuda 64MB Cache
    OS(s): Main = OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Bastard: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (Strictly For Gaming)
    Last edited by Harukotosh; 2012-12-30 at 02:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Looks for dust, sees none.
    It's like when you go to someone's house and it's like immaculately clean and they tell you "Sorry for the mess" knowing they just cleaned the whole place before you came over.
    The plate above the PSU is dusty as hell Look at the finger swipes to the right of the cable grommit

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, got a 120 and a 240

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ ~3.7GHz, 8 Gb ~1413MHz DDR3, Asus Radeon HD 6870 DCU 1GB, 24" 1920x1200 + 24" 1920x1080, Asus Xonar DGX

SteelSeries Sensei, SteelSeries 6Gv2 Red Edition, Superlux 668B, Logitech table microphone, Wacom Bamboo Pen&Touch ;D

and

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated my rig with 32GB of Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series DDR3-1600 CL10 that I snagged for cheap at the NCIX boxing day sale. I have an X58 system that runs triple channel, but I'm betting on my next upgrade to be a dual-channel system.
    I really want to try out making a RAM disk since I never turn off my rig (not paying for electricity is great).

I had a little bit of an interesting time upgrading. Before I took out my old RAM, I was sure to lower my overclock down to 1600MHz on my RAM, since my corsair sticks had been running at around 1700MHz. I made sure to look in my manual to see which slot to put the RAM in and went about my business replacing DIMMs.

When I powered it on, POST only showed 24GB of memory available - weird. Okay let's let Windows load and see if cpu-z can tell us anything. Windows starts to load, starts signing into my account, BAM, "NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM_ERROR".
    huh? How is replacing my RAM giving my hard drive problems?

So at this point I was a little confused, I checked my mobo manual, which said it only supports DIMMs up to 4GB, but I'm pretty sure that's only because 8GB DIMMs didn't exist back then. So I looked up the specs on the RAM I bought when it finally hit me, my timings were too low! The Corsair DIMMs I had been using were 8-8-8-20 and my new ones are 10-10-10-27. That'll do it!

Everything is finally working smoothly, and I've learned that if you're having problems, Windows probably has no idea what is wrong with your PC.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems my last post was against this thread rules and for that I apologize though find it kinda BS reasoning but hey gotta follow the rules.

Saw people wanted pictures of their setups.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...7a-d3ecxhq.jpg

* User was infracted for posting pictures in excess of 800 pixels in width.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-12-30 at 01:17 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Seems my last post was against this thread rules and for that I apologize though find it kinda BS reasoning but hey gotta follow the rules.

Saw people wanted pictures of their setups.

<snip>
    You may be breaking thread rules again since the max image width allowed is 800 pixels (width only, there is no height limit)...but anyway, is that a Storm Sniper on the left?

Cuz' if it is, FINALLY someone else with the same case with me!

This may sound silly but which of those computers are hooked up to the monitors? Or do you one PC powering 2 monitors, and one PC with 1 monitor? I could only imagine the ungodly amount of cables coming out of both of those...I have enough of a mess coming out of just one PC :P

Also is that a Bose speaker?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Please be careful to read the opening post and the rules.
    If you don't stop ignoring them, I'll have to stop overlooking infracting for it, and start doing so for quoting images as well.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You may be breaking thread rules again since the max image width allowed is 800 pixels (width only, there is no height limit)...but anyway, is that a Storm Sniper on the left?

Cuz' if it is, FINALLY someone else with the same case with me!

This may sound silly but which of those computers are hooked up to the monitors? Or do you one PC powering 2 monitors, and one PC with 1 monitor? I could only imagine the ungodly amount of cables coming out of both of those...I have enough of a mess coming out of just one PC :P

Also is that a Bose speaker?
    Since I don't want more trouble in this post just going to link this since I am apparently not allowed to post anything here

This thread is for posting builds and questions/comments directly related to those builds, please keep off-topic discussion to the Computer Forum Chat thread, or, if there is enough substance, make a new thread in the Computer Forum.

Sorry can't answer your question.

Feel free to pm the questions isntead

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Please be careful to read the opening post and the rules.
    If you don't stop ignoring them, I'll have to stop overlooking infracting for it, and start doing so for quoting images as well.
    You gotta be kidding me dude a infraction for something that small that could be fixed by jsut turning it into a link like you did.
    Seriously.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically it's supposed to be people asking owners questions about their builds they post pictures about. Asking for ideas or whatever will work, should be kept to their own thread.

Say you post a pic of your computer.
    I ask you about your monitor.
    You answer.

That's quite okay.

On the other hand...

Random poster shows up and asks us "hey guys, what do you think about this build?"

^that needs to go in its own thread.

As for the keeping a picture at 800pix width max, all you need to do is choose "large thumbnail" or "tiny thumbnail" (for good measure) on imgur.com, and you're golden.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Random poster shows up and asks us "hey guys, what do you think about this build?"

^that needs to go in its own thread.
    It wouldn't be a problem if it was an actual build, but every so often someone comes and asks for help with their build, ie "what graphics card should I get?"; that's no good.

More on-topic ish, I'll get to pick up a Fortress 03 tomorrow! The Titan colored edition. This'll be where my original build (560ti, Maximus IV Gene-z Z68, etc) gets to go and I hope this'll be where it stays. I might consider upgrading and look into what watercooling is possible nearing the summer, but I'll figure that out then.

EDIT: Probably not tomorrow, come to think of it. Durp.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-12-30 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats on 6000th post Drunken!

Haha, it'd be top-notch service if the store were actually open at New Year's day/eve
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Computer: Nickname: ShortbusCommando
    Case: CoolerMaster HAF-X, 4x 200mm Fans, 2x 140mm Fans
    CPU: I5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz
    MoBo: Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 1155
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100I Push/Pull Config with 4 Cougar 120mm Black Fans
    RAM: Corsair Dominator 16gb @ 2133
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb
    SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120gb
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Fully Modular
    Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 670 4GB Edition @ 1187

Peripherals
    Mice: Razer Naga Epic
    Corsair M60
    Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth
    Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Monitor: Random 1080p 60fps monitor
    Last edited by Furiex; 2012-12-30 at 07:01 PM.

That is one nice looking system, now post some benchmarks.
    Playing since 2007.

Very sexy build my man! Props

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    My knowledge from looking at benchmarks suggest theres no need to oc a 7970. It can handle anything and everything as far as im aware.
    Well, a single 7970 is hardly enough for 120Hz, multi-monitor setups or even 1440p given that you want to absolutely max out all current games. A modded Skyrim, Far Cry 3, or even Battlefield 3 can push a 7970 stock to it's limits.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    You gotta be kidding me dude a infraction for something that small that could be fixed by jsut turning it into a link like you did.
    Seriously.
    The moderators aren't here to babysit; we simply can't be bothered to swap every single oversized image to a link. The rules are there for a reason; people on mobile or slow connections will have a hard time loading pages where there are several oversized pictures. 800px in width is either way extremely generous for a thumbnail (not to mention that imgur.com creates thumbs in three different sizes automatically).

If you want to post constructive criticism either do so in Sugegstions and Feedback or PM a computer moderator. We are here to help, after all. We really try to do our best; don't hate us :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    Computer: Nickname: ShortbusCommando
    Very nice build mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    That is one nice looking system, now post some benchmarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Very sexy build my man! Props
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Very nice build mate!
    Thank you fellas, Also forgot to add in I bought a 2nd 670 4gb edition (for 25 bucks :P wont explain how) and going SLI when its here!