http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post20391663
    Small update since ^

Got a couple extra sticks of ram to make it 16 GB and added some lights. I think I'm finally done messing with my rig. I'm sure something gonna pop up later on :P

A lot brighter than I thought it would be -_-

Started getting to work on the SATA power connectors. Stabbed my middle finger in process with screwdriver. Stopped bleeding pretty fast though. Anyway, here's the result so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Started getting to work on the SATA power connectors. Stabbed my middle finger in process with screwdriver. Stopped bleeding pretty fast though. Anyway, here's the result so far.
    Any pics of it in the open?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've gone with red sleeving, would've blended in seamlessly with all the blood and bits of missing fingers you've been putting into doing this job -_-

Looks lovely, but if I'm allowed to sound like a critical fag then the way the final connector has those cables ending doesn't look the most even :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Any pics of it in the open?
    Not sure what you mean, but if you mean picture of just the cable then no. It looks pretty hideous, especially where it connects to the lower hard drive in the picture. Hence why it's hidden behind the hard drive's mounting bracket. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Etc
    I know. I've been working on getting it to flex and bend better so that it aligns more straight, but while it's better now after some working I suspect it'll only be temporary fix.

Since you are so creative, where is the blood? ^^
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Since you are so creative, where is the blood? ^^
    Offered as a votive to the gods of POST.

Deleted
    was wondering, its prob mentioned somewhere on this tread, but when using imgur to post pics, is it the large thumbnail with one of the img links or is it something more specific, not used imgur before, quite a lot of posts to go through if its been mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    Love this so clean!
    Thanks mate! I'm a real neat-freak. I made a typo btw, it's not the i100 but the H100 (older version). I sold my 670 yesterday and ordered a titan - why the hell not, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    yay, can officially post pics/links! be gentle, my first build. I had a crappy compaq (90s), then got a IBM thinkpad when at college/gradschool (2004-10), then got a best buy prebuilt desktop (2010-present). As i got more knowledgeable and had higher demands for pc strength for gaming and work, I started to upgrade it.

link to prebuilt of what it was before: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2370350,00.asp

what i kept from old pc:
    CPU: i5-650 3.2 GHz w/stock heatsink / RAM: 6G (2Gx3) / MB: Asus CM5675-09 / DVD +/-RW / old HDDs

what i upgraded so far:
    PSU: Corsair HX750 / GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti SC / Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Z / Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout II / SSD: Samsung 830 128G / HDD: Western Digital Barricuda 2TB / & bunch other random stuff.. fans, lights, etc.

full build process pics here: http://imgur.com/a/AVlFQ

as the rules of this thread, i'll ask for suggestions in the subforum as i do have a few I just figured i post pics here.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-03-17 at 08:34 PM.

Hold on, why's the heatsink tilted? O.o

Deleted
    Hold on, why's the heatsink tilted? O.o
    i'd say a better question , why a stock cooler ? (or isn't the 650 a good oc'er?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    i'd say a better question , why a stock cooler ? (or isn't the 650 a good oc'er?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    i'll ask for suggestions in the subforum as i do have a few I just figured i post pics here.
    i'll explain in a seperate thread in a sec. typing it up now. cuz i know we arent really supposed to ask for them in this thread.

edit: done. heres the thread i created http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post20544995
    Last edited by Starbrand; 2013-03-17 at 08:31 PM.

You can answer questions about the build you posted here. I also want to know why the heatsink is titled. I looked at the fullsized image (http://i.imgur.com/xPRXO7o.jpg) and it looks like you've added a fan to the stock heatsink?

PSU: Corsair HX750 / GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti SC / Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Z / Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout II / SSD: Samsung 830 128G / HDD: Western Digital Barricuda 2TB / & bunch other random stuff.. fans, lights, etc.
    Barricuda are Seagate HDD's. Western Digital's are usually labled as Cavier Green, Blue or Black

Not lookin to bad for a first build... better than my first (don't take that out of context ). I would only suggest working on your wireing and it'd be top notch. Unplug everything and run them one at a time starting with your Mobo 24/4 and keeping them as tight as possible w/o causing to much stress to your MoBo. Take it slow and use lots of zip ties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    looks like you've added a fan to the stock heatsink?
    came on it when i bought this prebuilt system, thats how i got it at best buy. the heatsink started to vibrate after 2 years. i took it off, cleaned, and reapplied thermalpaste. became quieter. however for the unanswered question on why its tilted... i have no idea why its like that, but the mount holes didnt have an option to straighten them out when re-doing the heatsink placement.

as per other thread i made, i was looking towards cm seidon 120 or corsair h80i in regards to this heatsink mini-topic.

came on it when i bought this prebuilt system, thats how i got it at best buy. the heatsink started to vibrate after 2 years. i took it off, cleaned, and reapplied thermalpaste. became quieter. however for the unanswered question on why its tilted... i have no idea why its like that, but the mount holes didnt have an option to straighten them out when re-doing the heatsink placement.

as per other thread i made, i was looking towards cm seidon 120 or corsair h80i in regards to this heatsink mini-topic.
    I'm guessing it was an Asus branded prebuild being that your MoBo is actually Asus which would explain the tagged CPU cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    I'm guessing it was an Asus branded prebuild being that your MoBo is actually Asus which would explain the tagged CPU cooler.
    best buy prebuilt desktop (2010-present). As i got more knowledgeable and had higher demands for pc strength for gaming and work, I started to upgrade it.

link to prebuilt of what it was before: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2370350,00.asp
    indeed it was.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
    Ram: 2 x 4GB
    MB: MSI H67MA-E35
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5450
    HDD: 500GB
    Peripherals:
    DELL U2311H (23")
    LG E2342 (23")
    Razer Naga
    Razer Carcharias
    Keyboard