Ah, I love it! I won't be buying a Desktop from there for example (I'd just rather not) but sometimes a decent mouse, keyboard, USB/power-hub(!) or an external hard-drive.
    It's not the best selection, but well.. Sometimes it's worth it!

It it worth the update? I think it is..
    Got myself a new keyboard! I've heard interesting and good things about it, so.. I'm ready to experience that myself.
    http://oi48.tinypic.com/22xoz.jpg
    I no longer use the standard-Dell keyboard, yaay.

Thumbnails please! (Sorry, thought it wouldn't be too big)
    Last edited by Gereorth666; 2013-04-03 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    I don't want to offend anyone but its interesting how many people with great gaming rigs surround it with terrible furniture and a messy look altogether with thousands of cables lying/hanging around.
    I guess I'm not enough gamer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzes View Post
    I don't want to offend anyone but its interesting how many people with great gaming rigs surround it with terrible furniture and a messy look altogether with thousands of cables lying/hanging around.
    Try having a wife, a 2 year old kid and about 90 sq.meters available and see how much room your computer gets... It's not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzes View Post
    I feel like it's also meant at me, because well.. My desk is a mess, and not the best furniture (with my chair being the best).
    Well, I guess it's just for how much it actualy bothers the person itself. I have the space I need, the cables don't bother me too much and I'm comfy here! What else do I need?
    Oh, wait, it's not meant at me.. I don't have a great rig. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    - Full frontal nudity.
    Really nice Lemmi )
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

So spent a few hours cleaning out my PC today and making some minor modifications.....

Full specs:

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail @ 4.3
    Asus P8P67 Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard ** B3 REVISION **
    G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL )
    COOLERMASTER HYPER 212 PLUS CPU COOLER - Push/Pull with 2x Colermaster Beast Master fans
    Corsair TX 650
    Antec 600

So before my clean up.....

Quite high temps, and very messy case, terrible cable management and poor airflow.

My new stuff!
    2x Coolermaster Beastmaster up to 2000rpm fans
    1x Antec TriColool fan
    Bitfenex Recon Fan controller
    Some crap for cleaning

Everything out and cleaned ready to go back in!

Cm Hyper 212+ Plus taking up most of the space I have with it's 2 new fans on!

Finished article! (ish) I'm waiting on some fan dust filters to arrive so haven't cable tied all the cables yet, will try and sort them a little bit once the filters arrive.
    Also added the tri cool fan to the side of the case to increase incoming airflow. Set the intake fans to high speed and outtake to medium. I actually left out the fan controller but had to plug the 2nd fan on the Hyper 212 into the cha_fan slot but it seems to work fine. Running 17c cooler under full load without maxxing out the fans so no complaints from me there. I also removed some HDMI card or something to clear out some space between CPU and GPU. Also moved from having my ssd in one cage and HDD in another, both in the middle slots to having them both in the same one so that the cage all the cables are in has slightly better airflow. Don't think there is too much more I can do with the case too improve the set up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    snip
    Wow that is one hell of dusty case I thought I was bad at remembering to clean

Deleted
    How could it possibly have gotten THAT dusty?

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    How could it possibly have gotten THAT dusty?
    1 and a half years without cleaning, negative pressure and piss poor cable management and airflow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daaaamn, that's allot of dust there. ><
    I would advise against letting that happen again. This is really bad for your hardware, no matter how hard you clean it afterwards.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-04-03 at 08:24 PM.

most of my case is filtered but i still get dust inside.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    A few hours cleaning it? Looks like you took 5mins and called it quits. And why not take the extra time to run cables behind the mobo tray and have it looking nice and all. I mean, you spend the money on it you would think you'd want it to look nice and everything or am I missing something here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    A few hours cleaning it? Looks like you took 5mins and called it quits. And why not take the extra time to run cables behind the mobo tray and have it looking nice and all. I mean, you spend the money on it you would think you'd want it to look nice and everything or am I missing something here?
    As far as I know Antec 600 has jack-all cable management room behind the mobo tray, the most people can fit are front usb/audio headers and stata cables, that's it. Thick PSU cables (cpu and mobo) are borderline impossible unless it's a PSU with very thin/flexible cables or sleeved stuff. Don't be harsh -_-
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

How often is it nesescary to fully clean the inside? I sometimes vacuum it (don't worry, it's a plastic tube) but that doesn't happen THAT often.
    I do take a look inside sometimes, to see if everything is still alright. But never looks too dusty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    How often is it nesescary to fully clean the inside? I sometimes vacuum it (don't worry, it's a plastic tube) but that doesn't happen THAT often.
    I do take a look inside sometimes, to see if everything is still alright. But never looks too dusty.
    There is no "golden rule" with cleaning because it can MASSIVELY vary with the environment the PC is placed it, whether it sits on a carpet or up on a desk, how much airflow is going through the thing, dust filtering, etc etc.

So far I've cleaned my dust filters and interior only ONCE and I've owned this PC since early 2011, if even that because it sits up on a desk and while not in operation I keep the top covered with a cloth. The dust factor where I live is almost non-existent, it's borderline rural and I keep the room fairly clean. I've only got one 120mm intake fan (rest exhaust) and all are kept on minimum speeds for quietness, so there you go.

Someone living in an urban apartment (e.g. city) is going to have to clean a lot more often, there's a lot more dust/pollution floating around. I would recommend positive pressure for people living in more dusty areas, otherwise that PC is going to suck up everything from all it's little vents/holes.

What you did is the best way - just take a look inside! If there's a coat of dust (even a thin layer) then it's time to clean. E.g. if it reached the state of Fluffy's PC then I would go as far as taking the GPU apart (shroud/fans off) and give the heatsink a good scrubbing with a brush and probably take the PSU apart as well.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-04-04 at 03:14 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I sometimes vacuum it (don't worry, it's a plastic tube)
    Vacuuming your PC is an extremely bad idea! Air rushing past a plastic nozzle will build up static. Static discharging onto PC components means dead components. I always cringe when I hear that people use a vacuum cleaner to clean out their PC, use a can of air duster spray its a much safer way of cleaning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maglore View Post
    Vacuuming your PC is an extremely bad idea! Air rushing past a plastic nozzle will build up static. Static discharging onto PC components means dead components. I always cringe when I hear that people use a vacuum cleaner to clean out their PC, use a can of air duster spray its a much safer way of cleaning.
    Or buy one of those two-dollar extensions for it. I have an extension for my vacuum which is basically a rubber hose getting smaller and smaller. Higher pressure, and no plastic static charge issue.

Although, I'm not actually sure if rubber is completely safe for that. Worked for me the last few years anyway.

Looks like this, although the black part is complete rubber on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I'm sure you could cable manage this case perfectly behind the mobo tray, but for me it felt kinda impossible.

Thanks for your constructive and useful feedback

Good tip for that case is to remove the sleevingbag around the biggest cables and separate the wires as much as possible. If you get a bag of strips you could easily cable manage that case if you spend about 1 hour doing it. Do you have access to a Dremel multitool or similar?

Deleted
    yep mini tight sleeves are a great way when it comes to cable management my case is pretty horrid when it comes to stock cable management (there's 2 placed next to the hdd hotswap bay and while they can hold a nice bunch they're in a bit of an annoying place when it comes to the upper compartment)