Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    Got bored with my old setup. New Motherboard/RAM/Video Cards
    Link to previous build.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post19819566
    Probably performs quite good, but.. Looks quite bad, tbqh.
    Watercooling CPU only with that amount of radiator-space, bent tubing, non-effort in cable management, PSU upside down, HDD loose in a HDD slot, a random fan in the middle of it all.
    You've got some work to do, but it can turn out really nicely!

10+ Year Old Account
    just looking at this thread I realize how poor I am, also I cant post my setup because it wont let me for some reason >_<

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Watercooling CPU only with that amount of radiator-space, bent tubing, non-effort in cable management, PSU upside down, HDD loose in a HDD slot, a random fan in the middle of it all.
    I was watercooling a GPU but I took the GPU out and I don't want to spend $250 on blocks for the lightnings. Nothing wrong with overkill, especially for a SBe running at 1.48v.
    Tubing is partially the result of bay res (which I won't do next time). You need extra tubing to take it in and out for refills. I could probably cut it down an inch or so but not a big deal to me.
    Cables are fine. Only ones really sticking out are the GPU ones and I don't have much more room in the back panel for 4 8pin cables.
    PSU... well that's all preference. Not like the PSU is going to over heat from the air coming off the GPU >.<
    Why do I need a full 3 slot HDD bay for one hard drive. Looked worse that way imo.
    Random fan was because I was stress testing the CPU. The MOFSETs on X79 boards run notoriously hot and mine sits in an awkward place behind the radiator, so the fan was to keep it cool. I could take it out just haven't gotten around to it. Not entirely sure I'm happy with 4.8GHz.

Although I do appreciate feedback. There is a method behind the madness for everything you mentioned. If I was to do anything it would be custom sleeve the cables but I feel like sleeved cables are a waste of time/money for anything but a show rig.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like sleeved cables are a waste of time/money
    I'm confused. A few bucks for sleeving is a waste of time and money.. when you have a Rampage IV, Dual Lightnings, and seasonic platinum? It's like ordering a $200 steak and then bitching about the price of your diet coke. >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I do appreciate feedback. There is a method behind the madness for everything you mentioned.
    You mean an excuse I gotta agree with Tetris, it looks really messy, especially considering the amount of money that went into it.

There is a method behind the madness for everything you mentioned.
    I'm not questioning the necessity or the usefulness of certain things, I am saying that it doesn't look good.
    EDIT: In my personal subjective opinion based on the quality I would be expecting from you specifically!
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-04-18 at 09:14 PM.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    While I agree with you on most of it but... the PSU is upside down? Seriously? You're basis for this suggestion is looks and you're recommending that he shows the data plate instead? Or are you concerned about some extra heat mounting the PSU this way would generate? (hope not)

@Sweetleader: That first hose towards the front (guessing from the pump to the rad) is somewhat kinked. I'm no WC novice, but even I know that's never a good thing do just "deal with".

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    You mean an excuse I gotta agree with Tetris, it looks really messy, especially considering the amount of money that went into it.
    Method... excuse. Whatever word you want to pick the "mess" doesn't effect the preformance and that's really all I care about.

Also yes sleeved cables imo are a waste of money as they provide no preformance benefit to anything. You could argue the same for the Formula but the Sabertooth was giving me a lot of problems and it's takes over a month for a single RMA. Ain't nobody got time forthat.

But I still appreciate the feedback . I took the liberty of moving the gpu cables behind the motherboard which helped clean it up a tad. But really everything else is just part of the build.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

Deleted

Check Signature for Proper CPU Clocks.

NVIDIA GPUs Run Hot as Hell, They Said.
    Wooden Screws & Exploding Fermi, They Said.
    Last edited by mmoce2854158ec; 2013-04-19 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBerry View Post

That was Fermi, especially first-gen Fermi
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    That was Fermi, especially first-gen Fermi
    This is my first NVIDIA card, after sticking with ATI for a long time.
    Couldn't be happier with this card.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBerry View Post
    Given that you could cook on a GTX 480... By the way, your 680 is a KEPLER card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Given that you could cook on a GTX 480... By the way, your 680 is a KEPLER card.
    Yes, i know, but being an avid visitor of 4chan.. *cough*
    I was also referring to NVIDIA, not my card. :]

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Method... excuse. Whatever word you want to pick the "mess" doesn't effect the preformance and that's really all I care about.

Also yes sleeved cables imo are a waste of money as they provide no preformance benefit to anything. You could argue the same for the Formula but the Sabertooth was giving me a lot of problems and it's takes over a month for a single RMA. Ain't nobody got time forthat.

But I still appreciate the feedback . I took the liberty of moving the gpu cables behind the motherboard which helped clean it up a tad. But really everything else is just part of the build.
    Wait... what is this... over a month for an RMA? >_>

My P8P67 is in at ASUS for an RMA right now...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wait... what is this... over a month for an RMA? >_>

My P8P67 is in at ASUS for an RMA right now...
    I'm in South Korea which means 2-3 weeks of total delivery time. On top of $27 to ship it there.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl... thank God. Thought you were from America and meant like they took that long to fix crap! XD I live in Illinois and the RMA address is in Indiana lol so was going to say. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think what Tetris means is that first off, you've spent a few bucks on the loop, why not have compression fittings instead of that rear mounted rad? You doubled the amount of hose stretches right there and you will see maybe, maybe 0.1C difference. I would also not have a bay res/pump like that if it meant I couldn't fit my HDD's and I get a 45CM hose stretched right across the case. That was the first thing I noticed and my palm almost broke my nose lol....

No, but seriously, the loop performs well, I can see what you mean but you have alot of potential there if you're willing to reconfigure the loop abit. My motto for WC is: Don't just take a hose and start connecting, sit down, draw up, measure, think, go to sleep, check next day if you still like what you have drawn. And, do something with the cable management. Otherwise, it probably cools very nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I think what Tetris means is that first off, you've spent a few bucks on the loop, why not have compression fittings instead of that rear mounted rad? You doubled the amount of hose stretches right there and you will see maybe, maybe 0.1C difference. I would also not have a bay res/pump like that if it meant I couldn't fit my HDD's and I get a 45CM hose stretched right across the case. That was the first thing I noticed and my palm almost broke my nose lol....

No, but seriously, the loop performs well, I can see what you mean but you have alot of potential there if you're willing to reconfigure the loop abit. My motto for WC is: Don't just take a hose and start connecting, sit down, draw up, measure, think, go to sleep, check next day if you still like what you have drawn. And, do something with the cable management. Otherwise, it probably cools very nicely
    I really don't understand what you are saying. You are talking about compression fittings and the radiator in the back in the same sentence like one effects the other. If you mean use compression fittings over barbs then I would point out compressions are 3x the cost and at 14 barbs in the original loop plus a couple spares you're talking probably $100 plus extra just in little pieces of metal.

I had a cage in the bottom of the case originally but at the time I had two 3.5" drives and 3 SSDs so I had to use it. Now I have 1 HDD and 2 SSDs (which I velcroed inside the case) which left 1 3.5" drive. I could have just put all 3 inside the cage but it was honestly more of a pain in the ass because the cage sits almost right beside the PSU.

The loop order is about efficient as it's going to get. A tube HAS to cross the case no matter how I do this particular loop. Well that or right over the CPU block which will just get in the way when I need to take it off. I already acknowledged I could cut an inch or so off two of the hoses but it's not worth the effort of: draining-unscrewing-cutting-screwing-refilling-bleeding-leak testing
    just so I can make it look a bit better. And I still don't understand the cable management Literally every cable but the obnoxiously long GPU cables (which I've since routed behind as mentioned in a previous post) were behind the motherboard or tucked out of the way.

I sort of understand what happened, but I do agree with Tetris that the tubing from frontres to top rad isn't very pretty, and cables are a bit of a mess. I'm not going to claim to know how it turned out this way though, and it's still a very respectable build one way or the other.

The cable routing might look better in person, but it looks like a weird mess from the view shown in the pictures.

100% complete. New Graphics card is in place and I have had much fun playing everything on ultra Went with a Gigabyte windforce3 Ghz edition

Ignore the sellotape on the flightstick, its a cheap horrid one, with no weigh. Sudden movements and I accidentally throw the thing at a wall :/ Quite messy inside, but I've done the best I can. No USB3.0 header on mobo, so I have a PCI card added in, Hence the molex going across the back of my GPU Unfortunate but not that big a problem.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2013-04-21 at 11:31 AM.