Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    No, actually, it's not.
    Also your H100(i?)'s fans are drooping on the far side, or so it looks. Or is it the entire cooler? If the former, you're likely to get less performance.
    that's due to them being attached by zip-ties.
    also i'll be dammed must have placed the rear fan wrong when i installed that H100i rad.
    also most heat keeps "hanging" between the two cards so to speak so i was thinking of making a sort of wind tunnel to blow that directly out back pci-e brackets?
    as for bottom fan idea i thought of it but the effective surface of such a fan would be +- 20% of the actual fan size)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    that's due to them being attached by zip-ties.
    also i'll be dammed must have placed the rear fan wrong when i installed that H100i rad.
    also most heat keeps "hanging" between the two cards so to speak so i was thinking of making a sort of wind tunnel to blow that directly out back pci-e brackets?
    as for bottom fan idea i thought of it but the effective surface of such a fan would be +- 20% of the actual fan size)
    Ghetto style mounting, nice lol. Yeah it's pretty common in SLI setups for heat to linger between cards. Most people try and put a fan at the back of the cards attached to the HDD cage to funnel air through the cards and out. Not sure if you have enough room for this though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Ghetto style mounting, nice lol. Yeah it's pretty common in SLI setups for heat to linger between cards. Most people try and put a fan at the back of the cards attached to the HDD cage to funnel air through the cards and out. Not sure if you have enough room for this though.
    that's why i hope the holes of my hdd cage are big enough to allow for enough airflow from there.
    also no way i can fit a fan in that 0,5cm clearing outside my cage/end of the cards
    there aren't really any other options i think that are possible without either some very heavy modding for which i lack the tools unless someone has suggestions.
    also i was actually quite surprised how decent it was possible to manage the non modulair PSU cables. (zip ties are godly)

Shroud... I think your case has run it's course... May I recommend a 900D/TJ11 and a full custom loop? I think, looking away from your motherboard, you are in the premium-rig-club and you should really be looking at throwing some more money at some style. My 900D got sent today so will be giving you guys a sneak peak of my watercooling gear later tonight or tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just remove the damn HDD cage in the middle?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Why don't you just remove the damn HDD cage in the middle?
    thought it was part of the supporting frame.
    seems it is possible ; http://www.legitreviews.com/images/r...af_912_019.jpg
    guess i'll have to thinker abit this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also removed it in my CM690.

The fan in the back is an intake and your H100i fans are the only exhausting fans in your case. Think you're just way better off getting a case with a motherboard turned 90° like silverstone cases, the air travel is shorter and much more efficient instead of useless intakes like in all cases.

SilverStone Raven RV03B-W seems to be scoring very nice especially for the price (120eur), a fan in the back exhausting air in that case and 2 intake fans very close to the cards is just awesome for SLI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    The fan in the back is an intake and your H100i fans are the only exhausting fans in your case. Think you're just way better off getting a case with a motherboard turned 90° like silverstone cases, the air travel is shorter and much more efficient instead of useless intakes like in all cases.

SilverStone Raven RV03B-W seems to be scoring very nice especially for the price (120eur), a fan in the back exhausting air in that case and 2 intake fans very close to the cards is just awesome for SLI.
    the idea of the fan lay-out looks very promising indeed for SLI cooling.
    still i doubt i'll be able to justify a new case at this moment in time.
    gonna move to my own place first, gotta buy furniture, find a good job for atleast the summer and hopefully afterwards aswell.

Something interesting came in the mail today.

I also got this stupid sound card.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    O_o

Be less cryptic, perhaps?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I guess you'd have to be some sort of ultra-snob or old-time person, the pen in the background is a namiki falcon with nib from Nibs.com. I've been waiting on it for around 4-months. Way more interesting than the sound card that was also waiting at the post office.

10+ Year Old Account
    I happened to get a new audio product today, as well. Though it seems I was more excited for it.

Behold the pinkest yet still amazing headphones ever to be produced. (I don't know of any higher-end headphones that are pink. lol)

Audio Technica ATH AD700, thanks to my Amazon Prime friend, got them with 1 day shipping for only $4. Not too bad!

These things are just gorgeous, and also obscenely comfortable on my, I suppose, rather sensitive ears. My Shure SRH440 headphones will be retired to when I am drumming to music, as they are just too much of the vice-grip feel. Not very comfortable imo. They hurt my head and ears with their pressure.

I've listened to a few .wav file songs so far, and I must say, these things just sound lovely. One song I even noticed some very very soft sounds in the background I'd never heard before, but fit so well, still!

For my audio setup, my next upgrade is going to be an external DAC/AMP from Schiit, not sure exactly what, but it will lead to even higher-end headphones, however I'm pretty damn happy right now. ASUS Xonar DX is doing well, however it will likely become just for my speakers soon.
    "A flower.

Congratulations to the both of you.
    Hearing the creaking of a chair of a musician was one of those "points of no return" for me with good audio equipment.
    :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wha... you heard a musician's chair creak in the background of a song, I presume you're meaning? O.O
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Something interesting came in the mail today.
    http://i.imgur.com/AC2y1yc.jpg
    I also got this stupid sound card.
    Is it really worth it to spend money on such an expensive sound card? Can't really decide between either a DGX 30$ or a D2/PM >.<
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-06-15 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Please don't quote images without breaking tags

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to want an ASUS Xonar Essence STX, but then I found out about how expensive it is compared to external, and higher quality options from real audio engineering companies like Schiit, etc etc.

Either way, it is worth it to invest in a good sound card or external DAC/AMP if you have comparable headphones/speakers/mic.
    "A flower.

Finally got the Haswell build up and running. Currently re-installing a few games and a bit of tweaking here and there.

http://imgur.com/EaLhCko

http://imgur.com/u2do9hG

• Windows 8
    • Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.3Ghz (so far)
    • ASUS GTX 780 3GB
    • ASUS Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    • ASUS VG278HE Monitor
    • Corsair 650D
    • Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB
    • Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4), 1600mhz, black
    • Corsair H80i
    • Corsair AX 860W PSU

As for peripherals, I'm currently using the Razer BlackWidow 2013 and the G600 from Logitech, however the BlackWidow will be replaced by the K70 black from Corsair. Just waiting for the Cherry MX Brown version to be available. G930 headset is also temporary until my Xonar STX arrives, then I'll be using it along with my Sennheiser PC 350 SE.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No SSD? I am disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    No SSD? I am disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    • Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB
    :)
    &nbsp;