Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would explain it then.

I saw the GTX and just thought graphics since I'm so used to having GTX4,5 series, etc.

Deleted
    Side note:
    I believe the term "GTX" and "GTS" used by nVidia derived from the term "GT" used in car names where it stands for Gran Turismo (Italian for grand tourer). I honestly don't know what the added S or X stands for, but my guess is that it's "extreme" or simply a letter used to name their products (without any real meaning).

GTX can also stand for a number of different things, where I believe the most common is the (often laminated) water resistant coating called Gore-Tex. No idea what it stands for in "Corsair Neutron GTX".

I might be completely wrong about the above. If anyone knows the true meaning please correct me.

On topic:
    I like the build Static, very clean. Have to ask though, do you have no HDDs at all? NAS storage I suppose?
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2013-06-17 at 12:06 AM.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/537/2
    Combining these two bits of information, we get a pixel fill rate of 800 megapixels per second for the GeForce 2 GTS, which is up from 480 megapixels per second for the GeForce, and we get a texel fill rate of 1600 megatexels per second or 1.6 gigatexels per second, which is where part of the GTS acronym comes from – Giga Texel Shader.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    for some reason, i think they decided to use the acronym first, and found some words to make it stand for something later, very typical of marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I like the build Static, very clean. Have to ask though, do you have no HDDs at all? NAS storage I suppose?
    Thank you, Marest. I don't actually own a NAS, but I do have 4 external hard drives that I use for work and I always tend to move them a lot between work and home.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Hm, alright. Giga Texel Shader. I can buy that. But what about GT and GTX? Giga Texel? Giga Texel Extreme? That makes less sense.

It was 'GT' from the start, so that should be the basic term. The S and X and other lettering should add information, not define it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Hm, alright. Giga Texel Shader. I can buy that. But what about GT and GTX? Giga Texel? Giga Texel Extreme? That makes less sense.

It was 'GT' from the start, so that should be the basic term. The S and X and other lettering should add information, not define it.
    When it comes to GeForce, GTS was the first, it was "GeForce 2 GTS, GeForce 2 Pro, GeForce 2 Ultra, GeForce 2 Ti, GeForce 2 Go and the GeForce 2 MX series" taken from wikipedia
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I always thought that they added the X because it is a strong-sounding letter and adds connotations like "extreme".

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I always thought that they added the X because it is a strong-sounding letter and adds connotations like "extreme".
    Yup, basically.

There are cars with the GTX name as well. GT, GTP, etc etc. Hell, I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Thank you, Marest. I don't actually own a NAS, but I do have 4 external hard drives that I use for work and I always tend to move them a lot between work and home.
    Why not just build a small cheap NAS then? It'd save you from having to carry HDDs around all the time and risk damaging them. Or just share them on your computer with your work computer, etc.

One of the first computers I got to play games on at home had a geforce 2 GTS. Shit was so tight!

We thank you for the participation of that sub-discussion.
    If you wish to continue pursuing it, I advice the Chat thread, or post pictures of your (old) rigs with said graphics cards.

I said I was going to post this nearly 6 months ago and just never got around to it. Cheers!

Case: Silverstone FT-02
    MOBO: ASUS Maximus IV
    CPU: Intel i7-3770k @4.6Ghz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SLI
    RAM: G.SKill 16gb 2400
    PSU: Corsair AX850 (Red Corsair cables)
    Keyboard: Razer Ultimate
    Mouse: Corsair M90
    Headset: Astro A40
    Last edited by Dropndestroyrr; 2013-06-22 at 03:26 AM.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

I might dislike eVGA coolers, but there is no denying that that computer and those cards look really great.
    Not a fan of MMO-mice or Razer Bw-keyboards though. Or TVs. All things considered, still looks really great

I didn't want to use the TV, but my old monitor crapped out on me and I had that lying around. Can't read anything that well on it hahha! I find myself using the buttons on the mouse to do things with twitch reactions like shadowstep and so I feel weird if I don't use a mouse like it.
    Last edited by Dropndestroyrr; 2013-06-22 at 03:47 AM.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

You should of course use what you want and what you like.
    I'm a picky elitist prick, that is probably not right about half the things I have decided for myself, but that's what works for me. Taste will always be taste, and the only one that should matter is your own.

I wouldn't mind more internal shots. It manages to look good despite not being colour-coordinated at all, so well done.

I could get more internal shots, but it would have to be tomorrow. Just took pictures for a "battlestation" post on our guild forums.

and thanks!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropndestroyrr View Post
    I said I was going to post this nearly 6 months ago and just never got around to it. Cheers!

/img

Case: Silverstone FT-02
    MOBO: ASUS Maximus IV
    CPU: Intel i7-3770k @4.6Ghz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SLI
    RAM: G.SKill 16gb 2400
    PSU: Corsair AX850 (Red Corsair cables)
    Keyboard: Razer Ultimate
    Mouse: Corsair M90
    Headset: Astro A40
    Glad you did at least post it rather than never! Looks pretty decent, I gotta say!

I do love the Apple armrest.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I do love the Apple armrest.
    It is very comfy