The performance fans will be almost as noisy as the stock fans, you should be looking at the silent fans with PWM instead. The H80i is not that much over the H60 that it will bump you from a nice 4.6 OC to a 5.0 OC, for that you will need a H100i or better tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liurias View Post
    I'm not gonna use the fans that comes with the h80i.
    Won't putting better fans on the H60 be a better investment. I'm just curious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Won't putting better fans on the H60 be a better investment. I'm just curious
    With a medium overclock yes. The H60 (stock fan) is audible but not really loud in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    H60 v2 to H80i really worth the investment?
    H60 is a rad with high density fans while the H80i on the other hand is low density so they work better with low speed fans, my choice would have been easily made. Also running a 3930K with full clock/voltage with a room temp of 30° & NF-F12's@900rpm, the water temp really really gets hot and that's why I prefer low speed rads. While the max water temp is 50°, I don't really have a lot of room to play with above 4.6GHz to still maintain silence >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    The last of my parts came in!

Here it is finally installed, goodbye SLI 560's

Different angle, worse quality photo

And a link to the whole Album

New parts are as follows:

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.58Ghz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-OC
    Video Card: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780 OC

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.79Ghz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | Corsair HX1050 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 4 x 2TB WD Green HDD | 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Black/Orange | Corsair Scimitar Mouse | Logitech G710+ Keyboard

Deleted
    so i've finally managed to get everything up and running in my new place.
    new desk, additional screen (dell u2711) and headphones(takstar HI2050) since the last update.

next stop , new case and likely watercooling in the very near future

Finally managed to upgrade my audio to a Sennheiser 363D + Creative Sound Blaster Z. The headset came with a 7.1 Dolby surround adapter but I gave it to my wife.

...I'm officially a Sennheiser fanboy.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephStylin View Post

Here it is finally installed, goodbye SLI 560's

Different angle, worse quality photo

Man, looking AWESOME!!! I absolutely love the windforce cards!
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    Man, looking AWESOME!!! I absolutely love the windforce cards!
    Thanks! I am quite happy with how my case turned out, spent the long weekend painting it. I really like the look of the motherboard I have in there (I am a sucker for orange!) but I could use a little more cable management, I was in a bit of a rush to get the gtx 780 in there and see how she performed. (which is excellent)

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.79Ghz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | Corsair HX1050 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 4 x 2TB WD Green HDD | 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Black/Orange | Corsair Scimitar Mouse | Logitech G710+ Keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    Halfway through my build ATM but i have it running.

Case: CM Storm Stryker - 3x120mm stock fans - 200mm fan removed for radiator - 2x Corsair AF120 HP's
    CPU: i7 4770k @ stock (oc 2moro when im not tired :P)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with 2x Noctua NF12's attached.
    MoBo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero ROG
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb 2400mhz - 2 x 8gb
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850 Watt
    GPU: Sapphire HD5770 -upgrading to- EVGA GTX780 SC ACX eventually SLI
    Storage: Seagate 1.5TB -will be adding- samsung 840 250gb ssd & 2tb WD green

Peripherals: Razer Carcharias / Deathadder / Tarantula - Acer 23" OLLLLLLD monitor -upgrading to- Corsair K70 cherry red / Razer Naga Hex / Korean 27" IPS from ebay.

Sorry for shitty light

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Deleted
    ehm why did you place those noctua fans in that order for the H100i?

Quote Originally Posted by JosephStylin View Post

[...]

I am so tempted to save up for a new windforce card, the new revision of the cooler is such an improvement on the last one (even just aesthetically).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I am so tempted to save up for a new windforce card, the new revision of the cooler is such an improvement on the last one (even just aesthetically).
    mine are likely for sale soon
    they are decent but really need to be in a proper case and not in SLI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    ehm why did you place those noctua fans in that order for the H100i?
    Lol wow derp feel stupid for not even noticing I had them pulling air in x) long day.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    mine are likely for sale soon
    they are decent but really need to be in a proper case and not in SLI.
    I'll add them to the long list of "things I don't really need but really want but can't afford right now"

You going back to a Titan then? Or are you waiting for the 9970 with its rumoured 4096 shader processors?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'll add them to the long list of "things I don't really need but really want but can't afford right now"

You going back to a Titan then? Or are you waiting for the 9970 with its rumoured 4096 shader processors?
    likely 780 classifieds hydrocoppers or lightnings with custom blocks. current cards are good but i'm still voltage limited for maximum overclock. (
    maybe another swap if AMD really gets their shit together but i deem that unlikely.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what miraculous thing you're expecting Shroud... though I hope you realize that there HAS to be a voltage lock. GPU chips can only go so far.

Like the GTX 560 Ti is highly advised to not be pushed past 1.1v.

You may just be at the very edge, honestly. You should just accept it, you have nice cards, and the 1% performance improvement you'll get, MAYBE, is not worth the trouble.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure like all GTX 780s are hard capped to 1.212v.

http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/geforce_gtx_780/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

You may just be at the very edge, honestly. You should just accept it, you have nice cards, and the 1% performance improvement you'll get, MAYBE, is not worth the trouble.
    I think we can put shroudster in the enthausiast department, so he probably doesnt really care about the performance increases And I get why you want to change to different 780s when you are considering to make a custom watercool setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Lol wow derp feel stupid for not even noticing I had them pulling air in x) long day.
    which tbh is what you want as long as the top part is filtered, people may argue, but you want to draw positive pressure into the case, ive seen too many dusty insides in the builds and some wonder whats the reason for the build up...