Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Absolutely love it. Everything from the minimalist tidy design, component/part choices, cable layout, lighting and audio setup. I wish I had a wooden floor! The glimpse inside the case also shows braided cables (Corsair set?) and good cable management.
    What are those speakers beside the TV if I may ask?
    Thank you very much for your kind words! Means alot Seems like I managed to make it look somewhat satisfying ^^
    Sadly the braided cables are not corsairs (wish they were though, damn that quality...), but some cheaper extension-cables. Just too make it look better!
    Yea, wooden floor really lets you know when you need to clean, in a good way! The speakers are... a pair of Sony's I think, hold on... Yep, Sony SSCCP333, came with a stereo system I got many years ago, sadly they are not being used at the moment :/

*Pics will come as I have gotten my order and re-build my PC*

I'll be replacing my case, PSU and graphic card in a week or 2, just wondering what you guys think of the setup ill have then. Main reasons are that my case is about to collapse (it's that old..), I've never had a proper gaming case yet and my GPU fans sound like a jet engine starting when I play BF4. Performance dropping FAST, so it'll die anyday. Also, my new graphic card would not fit in my current case.

Parts I'm getting:

PSU: Seasonic M12II - 620 Bronze
    Case: Corsair 500R Gaming Miditower, still thinking about it but I like the white one a lot
    GFX: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - giving this a try after 8 years of nvidia.

Last month I got myself a:

HDD: Western Digital WD10EURX 1TB

I already have:

Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H
    CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.5 GHz (1.32v, max temp reached under prime95 was 63 degrees... Kind of happy with this)
    CPU cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1600MHz C9 DDR3
    SSD: Crucial M4 128GB
    A cheap DVD-RW drive
    Main screen: Asus VE247H 24"
    Second screen: Acer X243W 21"

I'm basically upgrading from a FSP Fortron 500W Source, MSI Geforce 560 GTX and no clue what case.. It's from a pre-build PC I bought 5-6 years ago (of which all parts have been replaced now).

I sure hope I can run BF4 on high/ultra with this setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Just moved so walls and etc. are pretty plain and cable management non-existant. Here's an overall pic though:

Everything can change color except the Blackwidow, so I just made everything green to match for the pic lol.

awesome set up, quick question!

the green lighting at the back, is that just an LED strip at the back of the desk?

im in the process of sprucing up my gaming setup, because it sucks, its messy and looks bad. for back lighting i have a lamp which isn't great.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-11-24 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    -snip-

I sure hope I can run BF4 on high/ultra with this setup.
    Yes you will be able to play BF4 ultra at 1080p

Deleted
    so yeah heres my desk, since i moved in here last year i pretty much never changed my setup.

im hoping to move the TV to a different wall, off the desk and get a 3rd screen, and then some proper back lighting!

edit: just realised how bad this photo is! can't find lead for my proper camera

(Sorry about the awful quality picture - it's all I have for now.)

I now have an Alienware 14 to complement my rig. I needed a laptop because I'm in the military and there's no way I could bring my rig around with me with how often I travel. The reason I bought an Alienware is because this is one of the only (if not the only) 13/14" laptop on the market that performs as well as the 17" behemoths. I'm very happy with the build quality and performance of it so far (worth the "extra" money). It can handle WoW on ultra, although I prefer to play on a high/ultra custom setup. All I need is to put a SSD in it and I'm good to go.
    Last edited by Torque21; 2013-11-24 at 02:07 PM.
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

I guess I need to post a reminder again - Do not quote images, do not embed pictures wider than 800 pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    awesome set up, quick question!

the green lighting at the back, is that just an LED strip at the back of the desk?

im in the process of sprucing up my gaming setup, because it sucks, its messy and looks bad. for back lighting i have a lamp which isn't great.
    Yeah, it's a self-adhering LED strip that I have stuck to the back of all 3 monitors (with enough slack between them so I can reposition them without damaging the strips).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040FJ27S/

Pretty cheap for what it does (I usually leave it on white/off-white for ambient lightning unless I'm just really feeling some color lol).

Deleted
    Finally ordered my first desktop! Been gaming off laptops and got sick of booting to windows on my mac :P

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($200.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($143.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($68.85 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Intel 530 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($316.13 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: OCZ ZT 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1096.39
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-26 05:04 EST-0500)

Putting it together tomorrow, pics inc soon!

Recently got my build put together still learning how to cable manage.
    got the i7 4770k for dirt cheap but overclocking it has been a chore and 4.3 seems to be stable.
    4.4 was unstable even at 1.4 so I guess I would have to tinker with other things.

~hopefully I didn't screw up the format

10+ Year Old Account
    Great rigs! Just ordered my CM Quickfire Rapid Cherry Red!!! So pumped!
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

Finally completed my new rig! New case, PSU and graphic card :-) So yeah, not a completely new rig but a new case makes it feel like one.

Setup:

Asus VE 247H 24"
    Acer X243W 21"
    Logitech G510 kb
    Logitech G300 mouse
    M-Audio BX5-D2 studio monitors
    Numark Mixtrack Pro (to right of the pics)
    Headset Sennheiser HD 205, dirt cheap but pretty good for gaming

PC:

Corsair Carbide R500 case
    Seasonic m12II - 620W psu
    Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X gpu
    Gigabyte Ga-Z77X-D3H mobo
    i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz cooled by Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 fans
    2x Corsair Vengeance 4 GB DDR3
    SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
    HDD: Western Digital WD10EURX AV-GP 1TB

About the case: Fairly easy to build even for a noob such as I am (only the second time I put together a PC, first time in a new case). Made stupid newbie mistakes by not checking for mobo standoffs, trying to connect the case's fans to my motherboard/psu while it's connected with one big cable etc... My cable management was pretty shit, it WAS better but it got worse when I had to take out my mobo when I was almost done to check for those motherboard screws. After a small hick-up (PC wouldn't turn on because gpu power wasn't properly inserted...) I was really happy when it booted. The fan adjust/LED on/off buttons work properly and I'm really happy with it. Overall my PC is about 8 degrees cooler and my CPU is about 12 degrees lower than previously, but that's because I added another fan mostly.

To be honest, I have no freaking clue how people get such clean cases. I really dont see how I could improve it by a lot, I obviously am not happy with that one cable going "over" my CPU fan, it's for the 12v connector to the motherboard.. I simply did not have a longer cable for it and could only just reach it like this.. Is it ok if I keep it this way? It doesn't hit anything on it's way luckely.

Screens:

Too bad it looks like a mechanical octopus died in the bottom of my pc case, but i guess it works like this lol.

Deleted
    Good to see you got it all together, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'll only be gaming on the bottom right monitor but having 4 will be great for projects
    I had the same setup, hell it was even the same stand that I bought off of amazon. Honestly hated it. I wasn't using it for gaming just web development but the setup just felt forced and bothered me. Ended up just using three monitors all layed out on my desk. But everyones different, cheers mate

CPU: Intel I7-4770k Haswell
    Video Card: Nvidia GTX 770 2GB DDR5
    Ram: 16GB G.Skillz (I believe)
    Motherboard: I can't remember the name of by memory
    HDD: Western Digital 3TB's
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Keyboard: http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gamin...T-Ryos-MK-Pro/
    Mouse: http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gamin...ne-Pure/#crb_2
    Monitor:

Deleted
    Nice stealth monitor

Do you have pictures of your rig?

Deleted
    I modded my headphones a bit. I had both DT-770s and HMC 660Xs.

Here you can see Superlux drivers...

And here are the Beyerdynamic equivalents.

Anyway when I was done I had these leftovers... I kinda combined the both headphones, you see.

Here is the final product. Practically a DT-770 with a microphone.

Mobo: ASUS p9x79 3 way sli

HDD: SATA 2tb 7200rpm

GPU: Evga gtx 660ti 2gb in SLI

CPU: Intel I7 quadcore 3820 3.6ghz

RAM: 8gb Corsair ram

PSU: Thermaltake 700w

Think my CPU is a bit overkill for gaming. Anyways, let me know how my setup is if you please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    Think my CPU is a bit overkill for gaming. Anyways, let me know how my setup is if you please
    Pictures?

And the CPU is not really overkill anymore. It's a Sandy-E quadcore, basically. Ivy i5/i7 is about 10% faster, haswell is about 20% faster.
    An FX-8350 about ties with it, give or take. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good processor. But overkill is not really accurate, it's average now.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Here is the final product. Practically a DT-770 with a microphone.
    As a seasoned diy-person, I approve.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-11-30 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

No case
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K