The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fluorescent lighting in my basement:

:P But yes, as I said already, I agree natural lighting is nicer. But basement. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think we've got very different perspective of what's acceptable lighting though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    When are you going to return it? *giggles*

Doesn't look too shabby anyways.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted

:P But yes, as I said already, I agree natural lighting is nicer. But basement. =/
    hey I have the same asus display (although yours looks smaller than my 27"?).. and whats that to the right of it?

For whatever weird reason, I prefer fluorescent lighting compared to incandescent or natural light. Of course, for gaming or computer work only. Feels as if I can concentrate better with mostly white light instead of natural hues.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    DAT ISO
    10char

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

If there are no windows you're supposed to use a desk lamp. Overhead fluorescent lighting puts unnecessary strain on your eyes. Not to mention, the ambiance is just wrong for creating a cozy gaming lair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I think we've got very different perspective of what's acceptable lighting though.
    I wouldn't be surprised, I mean, we were raised in very different lifestyle-countries and what-not. I'm not saying that picture is the best, but I mean, at least it is well-lit, compared to many posters on here. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    When are you going to return it? *giggles*

Doesn't look too shabby anyways.
    I ultimately decided not to return it! :O Crazy, I know. I decided I love the look of it, it's very sleek. While now I am stuck with a non-VESA 23" 1080p AH-IPS display, I realize that if I want to start to try controlling my spending more, I can start that by not upgrading this and dropping likely a good $500~ or so more. I don't NEED 1440p, hell I didn't NEED this display, but I got it cheap and it's pretty minor compared to other options and still looks great. I weighed cost value stuff, you know? Economics whatever something.

Quote Originally Posted by xerxo View Post
    hey I have the same asus display (although yours looks smaller than my 27"?).. and whats that to the right of it?
    I'd never want a 1080p 27" display, but yeah there is the ASUS MX279H, which I saw in person. Not too much bigger, actually, but I'd rather not stretch the pixels that much. To the right is my Blue Snowball USB microphone. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Exaelitus View Post
    If there are no windows you're supposed to use a desk lamp. Overhead fluorescent lighting puts unnecessary strain on your eyes. Not to mention, the ambiance is just wrong for creating a cozy gaming lair.
    I wonder how correct this is. I wouldn't be surprised, but I've been doing alright with this. The lights are really behind me and overhead, so it isn't like they are directly within my eyesight, so that's not too bad. Just some calm background lighting, though I am trying to get another lighting arrangement, as I'd like something warmer and more homey.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Controlling spending is for chumps!

Be cool. Waste all the money! Don't be like your parents who saved. Retirement is old-school. Work until you die is the new hip thing! That's why minimum wage doesn't track cost of living any more, so that you don't make too much money and accidentally uncool and not working when you're 60.
    Holeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy shit! O_O

2x1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSDs? Do my eyes deceive me?! *blinks and refocuses* O_O

To be honest I'm probably going to be getting a 240-500GB soon enough, though I am honestly probably good with what I have right now. But if I go back to WoW and get ESO, and get Diablo 3 ROS... yeah, maybe I should just shut up and order one. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account

<snip>

Be cool. Waste all the money! Don't be like your parents who saved. Retirement is old-school. Work until you die is the new hip thing! That's why minimum wage doesn't track cost of living any more, so that you don't make too much money and accidentally uncool and not working when you're 60.
    Shit dude you go all out.

10+ Year Old Account
    i7 4770K
    MSI Z87 M-Power mobo
    16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
    Corsair RM850 PSU
    Corsair 400R Case
    Dual PNY GTX 760's OC 2GB
    Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD
    WD 2TB HDD
    Razer Naga
    Razer Anansi
    27" Asus VG278H 120Hz/3D display

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you don't spend money which you don't have, I don't see a problem.
    Those are some lovely disks.

10+ Year Old Account

http://i.imgur.com/pQUdgwPm.jpg

awesome

also, don't spend the best part of your life grinding away so that you can afford to die

This discussion isn't on-topic what-so-ever, definitely belongs in the chat thread (if anywhere).

Something on-topic then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! Drunken, but I take it they will be put on an aftermarket/watercooling soon? CF 290x is just asking for permanent hearing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Nice! Drunken, but I take it they will be put on an aftermarket/watercooling soon? CF 290x is just asking for permanent hearing damage.
    Hah, yeah, probably doing something to that effect. They're going into the mining rig. I still didn't get the server over to my place though, so I'm missing mobo+CPU+cooler, which is annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't you get some of the aftermarket 290Xs, Drunken?
    "A flower.

Why didn't you get some of the aftermarket 290Xs, Drunken?
    'Cause I'm almost certainly putting a waterblock on them anyway. I didn't feel like shelling out the price of waterblocks for aftermarket coolers, that seems like I'd be paying twice for something. It also didn't help that I didn't get much relevant feedback in my thread when I asked. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see, that's a shame.

From what I can tell the nonreference ones are tending to do better though in the temperature realm with better power-delivery systems and such. Hopefully water-cooling these will work well though!
    "A flower.