HDD:1tb Western Digital HDD
    250g Samsung Evo ssd
    Ram: 16g corsair vengeance
    Mobo: Asrock 970 extreme 3

Peripherals (updated since pic)
    Keyboard: corsair k95
    Headset: Siberia V2 Illuminated
    Mouse: wow legendary gaming mouse
    IDK how I'd feel having a keyboard that costs more than the CPU or is about the same price as the GPU :/

Excessive RAM, SSD, and peripherals. Money could've better gone to better cpu/gpu
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    IDK how I'd feel having a keyboard that costs more than the CPU or is about the same price as the GPU :/

Excessive RAM, SSD, and peripherals. Money could've better gone to better cpu/gpu
    You bring up a really good point about peripherals... people seem to go all out on them and forget how much extra money they are dropping on peripherals but cutting so short on the CPU/GPU, when those are what will deliver the actual game to you. While having peripherals that make you comfortable is important, it is also important to have hardware that can drive your games... While WoW isn't much to drive... it is in 20-25 man raids. Seriously, if shamanele had spent a little less on peripherals, maybe just gotten a 128GB SSD, and 8GB of RAM, they could have gotten an Intel Haswell i5 and GTX 760 or something similar, been able to overclock seriously, and get MUCH better performance.

Such a shame people don't ask before impulse-buying.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    You'll need hearing protection with those, anyway, i will never buy anything that have stock fans, ever. Windforce 3X all the way baby!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You bring up a really good point about peripherals... people seem to go all out on them and forget how much extra money they are dropping on peripherals but cutting so short on the CPU/GPU, when those are what will deliver the actual game to you. While having peripherals that make you comfortable is important, it is also important to have hardware that can drive your games... While WoW isn't much to drive... it is in 20-25 man raids. Seriously, if shamanele had spent a little less on peripherals, maybe just gotten a 128GB SSD, and 8GB of RAM, they could have gotten an Intel Haswell i5 and GTX 760 or something similar, been able to overclock seriously, and get MUCH better performance.

i think peripherals are just as important, a new PC will only be faster, but a new keyboard, mouse and monitor makes your overall system feel better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i think peripherals are just as important, a new PC will only be faster, but a new keyboard, mouse and monitor makes your overall system feel better
    Of course. My peripherals are quite expensive and I have loads of them. Whats the point of a PC if I don't feel comfortable using it? I can't even play WoW without a Naga.

BUT - priorities
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Well yeah, but the K95? WoW Legendary mouse? 16GB of RAM? 250GB SSD? Siberia V2?

These are all absolute overkill and had he spent a little less on each of these, he could have afforded a better CPU, if not a Haswell i5, (though I seriously believe he could) then a higher-end AMD A10.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Yeah, but thing is, his peripherals most likely got upgraded/bought after the rest of the pc was made. He says on bracets:"updated since pic".

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh herro I am back from the dead now that my court case and irl family stuff has finaly settled down my little baby thread is not really little any more after not being around for sometime and I have some catching up to in the computer area of my life as I pretty much completely stopped fallowing it as I was to busy with the lawsuit and to poor because of it but now I am back and as I said need to catch up as anyone who has read the first page my old build is VERY old and I am going to be comming into some money in the next week and plan on making a new build so another words HALP me.

inb4 Who are you?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    You'll need hearing protection with those, anyway, i will never buy anything that have stock fans, ever. Windforce 3X all the way baby!
    I won't be needing hearing protection... in fact, I won't be hearing the two cards' fans again! Because I'm watercooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Etc
    Breathe, man.

Also, lawsuit? What crazy stuff did you get involved in?! O_o We'll be happy to help you put together a new build though when you're ready, just make a thread when the time comes.

Look at Marest's thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post

My keyboard costed more than my CPU aswell, and i have a 4670K.
    But yeah, the hardware choices are a bit weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Oh herro I am back from the dead now that my court case and irl family stuff has finaly settled down my little baby thread is not really little any more after not being around for sometime and I have some catching up to in the computer area of my life as I pretty much completely stopped fallowing it as I was to busy with the lawsuit and to poor because of it but now I am back and as I said need to catch up as anyone who has read the first page my old build is VERY old and I am going to be comming into some money in the next week and plan on making a new build so another words HALP me.

inb4 Who are you?
    Make a thread in the build help subforum please. This thread has been converted into a thread just for posting existing builds and commenting on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    My keyboard costed more than my CPU aswell, and i have a 4670K.
    But yeah, the hardware choices are a bit weird...
    also to ripox, yes performance in games are great, but physical ergonomics are far more important then the hardware inside your pc, the settings you play at can always be adjusted, how you interact with what you use is more important as general health should be the number 1 prio of anything, and sadly also the most difficult to get right, so spending money in this area is great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Yeah, but thing is, his peripherals most likely got upgraded/bought after the rest of the pc was made. He says on bracets:"updated since pic".
    Exactly, sometimes I think people forget not everything was necessarily bought at the same time and buying good peripherals still makes sense (to me). I mean how many of you bought everything at once and have the perfect price to performance vs needs? Not everyone follows this exact recipe for "success"

Also ask the guy instead of instantly nailing him to the cross? Maybe he did ask for help somewhere else and that was the advice he got, who knows.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello again, I've done a test fitting and boot up to make sure everything fits and functions in the case, click this imgur link to see if you're interested! And sorry I'm not a good photographer!

I had to RMA one of the 780Ti's so it's my good old 6970's in this build at the moment. I'm going to powdercoat most of the interior of the case white, the rest I will paint myself in White HS.

Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp.

Finally got my first WD Black drive. Just a 1TB for recording Skyrim footage with Fraps and then rendering it to my WD Blue 1TB/or I may leave it to the Toshiba 500GB external. Either way, the Blue just has too much on it already that I'm limited to only about 2 hours of recording - and everything is being recorded and uploaded pretty much... so... :P

Suppose I'll post a pic after I install it, though you can see pictures of my rig earlier in this thread, I don't plan to change much. Just stick it in and not worry too much about cable-tidying.

Why you ask? Sometimes you pull too tightly on cables, then they become loose, and then your computer has power interruptions which ultimately lead to all of your HDDs dying except for your SSD.

Moral of the story: CABLE MANAGEMENT IS BAD, obviously. :P
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Yeah this was my first system which i bought off of craigslist for a steal and all of the peripheral upgrades were gifts from the holiday season. I didnt want to be extremely specific so just asked for basic stuff to comprehend instead. I plan on upgrading the cpu asap once wrestling ends and i can start working again.
    Last edited by shamanele; 2014-02-19 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opposed to Nidor's awesome rig, here's my simple rig. :P

YES, I know it is messy, see above for reason why! Not to mention I just don't really care anymore, since I don't have a window now.
    "A flower.

There's a difference between extreme tightness when cable management.. And none at all. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    There's a difference between extreme tightness when cable management.. And none at all. :P
    I guess you could say, I've become slightly paranoid about doing it again. =S

I realize what I did in my mistake and I guess I've just not gotten up the want to do cable management again after I did that. =/

It's something I won't see, anyways, and besides, it only makes adding hardware/changing hardware later on more complicated and time-consuming. If your cables are mostly loose, then you need not worry about cutting a bunch of zip ties to get something else powered with that one SATA cable or Molex cable.
    "A flower.