Quote Originally Posted by Phavik View Post
    XBOX i play on my xbox. nothing beats it
    Except almost literally every setup seen in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    new heatsink:
    Good stuff, BQ's are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

New keyboard in the form of a 6Gv2 SteelSeries using black switches

Coming from having used a rubber switch keyboard for a long time this was a very pleasant change.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    New keyboard in the form of a 6Gv2 SteelSeries using black switches

Coming from having used a rubber switch keyboard for a long time this was a very pleasant change.
    Got this myself 2 months back. 100% the best hardware purchase ive ever done. i cant even sit at another keyboard now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I wonder, is that because you went from a membrane to a mechanical keyboard or was it specifically the Steelseries 6Gv2? If yes, then what makes it stand out according to you?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is this? Stuff wrapped in plastic?!

I've got my case bits back from their powdercoating session!

It all looks very lovely, you can check out the rest of the pictures I quickly snapped here!

I think I'm still going to paint the exterior surfaces with a white HS colour for a nicer finish though My package of acrylic tubing should hopefully arrive by friday so I can have plenty of time to play with them this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! So wait, is this a new computer or are you redoing the case that you had from before?

Soooo... I got sick of having just one monitor. I knew I should have upgraded to the one that was VESA... but I loved the AH-IPS the ASUS MX239H has and the color is calibrated about as perfect as you can calibrate it, I think? It was only $200 for an A+ grade AH-IPS 1080p panel... I'm happy with that.

I must say though, my 5 year old Gateway 1680x1050 LCD monitor has better color reproduction than my 1 year old Acer S211HL... >_> See for yourself! (This was the best I could do to get this all to fit and work. The Gateway (Mr. Far to the Left) will just be like media player-type stuff.

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Awesome! So wait, is this a new computer or are you redoing the case that you had from before?
    Well, the case is my old 343B that I got bored off and decided to mod quite extensively! CPU/Mobo, GPU and SSD are new, + some miscellaneous cooling parts that are new

I really like that glass on your desk, what's it's preferred content?
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Soooo... I got sick of having just one monitor. I knew I should have upgraded to the one that was VESA... but I loved the AH-IPS the ASUS MX239H has and the color is calibrated about as perfect as you can calibrate it, I think? It was only $200 for an A+ grade AH-IPS 1080p panel... I'm happy with that.

I must say though, my 5 year old Gateway 1680x1050 LCD monitor has better color reproduction than my 1 year old Acer S211HL... >_> See for yourself! (This was the best I could do to get this all to fit and work. The Gateway (Mr. Far to the Left) will just be like media player-type stuff.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BK4z14nl.jpg[/]
    Clean your desk you redneck...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    Looks like a proper whisky glass, although knowing Deltrus he probably drinks beer off it (the weirdo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    Well, the case is my old 343B that I got bored off and decided to mod quite extensively! CPU/Mobo, GPU and SSD are new, + some miscellaneous cooling parts that are new

Thanks! Preferred content is a craft beer. A good Barleywine, Imperial Stout, Milk Stout, Double IPA, and anything barrel-aged.

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Clean your desk you redneck...
    Having work-related papers on my desk makes me a redneck?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Looks like a proper whisky glass, although knowing Deltrus he probably drinks beer off it (the weirdo).
    Not really weird considering most people who drink craft beer know that a proper snifter is often considered one of the best glasses for such aromatic beers. (Not sure if you folks in Finland get as many crazy styles as we do.) :P

"Used for brandy and cognac, these wide-bowled and stemmed glasses with their tapered mouths are perfect for capturing the aromas of strong ales. Volumes range, but they all provide room to swirl and agitate volatiles.

Benefits: Captures and enhances volatiles. " from http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/101/glassware/

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    It's a snifter which is typically used for brandy/cognac. Whiskey doesn't 'officially' have a glass the way champaign has flutes/coupes, white/red wine have their stemware, and basic mixed drinks come in highball glasses. Traditionally whiskeys are served in a short glass with water on the side if it's close to cask strength, but one distiller has tried to invent a "scotch glass". I have a couple but rarely use them because they don't seem to improve the experience of drinking a scotch, I've also never seen one used at a proper scotch bar (though I have seen them at tasting events). The look sort of like a shortened highball glass but they're flared at the base slightly.
    Someone knows what they are talking about.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how a slightly messy desk makes someone a redneck...

I wonder, is that because you went from a membrane to a mechanical keyboard or was it specifically the Steelseries 6Gv2? If yes, then what makes it stand out according to you?
    Probably a combination of both. While going from a membrane keyboard to this one certainly helped its also quite sturdy built without any macro buttons that i have no use for just taking up space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Looks like a cognac glass to me. "Whisky" glasses tend to not have a stem, and often have only a slight curvature (if any at all) to the walls of the glass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    SNIP
    Nice machine, suggested one for a friend the other day and also have one sat right in front of me for a new guy starting at the office. I have the previous generation 17" with 680M, not a bad piece of kit!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BK4z14nl.jpg[IMG]
    Might want to change the center. It's a bit 'cold' (greater than 6500k) aka bluish, to the point where it's very noticeable.

I'm tempted to get a Colorimeter and spectrophotometers are too expensive. You should've look into U2414H, the MX239 I believe isn't bad, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
    In the end, software calibration > hardware. Mainly cause finer tweaking. (Provided there isn't hardware LUT).
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-03-14 at 09:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Touchpad frustration!
    all clevos have bad touchpads, in fact most top end gaming and workstation laptops do, the idea is that the touchpad is only a temp thing, normally you would use a mouse, but the touchpad is there to get you by until you get a mouse plugged in

windows 8 compounds this, but you can disable some of the touchscreen gestures in the registry

of all the laptop's i've used, the only ones with that have good touchpads are macbooks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    So we don't get called out for being off topic: here's my desk.
    Funny, to me everything looks to be placed, spotless and political correct, like trying to project a certain image. Reminds me a little of the character Hannibal (not the murderers tendencies and eating humans of course). Guess we all see things differently

Looks quite neat though. My desk and setup is generally a little more messy from everyday use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Might want to change the center. It's a bit 'cold' (greater than 6500k) aka bluish, to the point where it's very noticeable.

I'm tempted to get a Colorimeter and spectrophotometers are too expensive. You should've look into U2414H, the MX239 I believe isn't bad, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
    In the end, software calibration > hardware. Mainly cause finer tweaking. (Provided there isn't hardware LUT).
    The only reason the mx239 is so cheap is because they took out vesa support, dvi, and display port. It is certainly a very nice monitor. As for Dell... idk. I've seen some of them in person at micro center and they just look.... well, dull. Flat. :-|
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voryon View Post
    Also new baby Lenovo ideapad Y510P with Logitech G9X
    Core i7-4700MQ
    8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
    mSATA-SSD 24GB + 1TB HDD
    Laptop with dual graphics cards? Whaaaaaat?!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Laptop with dual graphics cards? Whaaaaaat?!
    FYI this is nothing new. A lot of legitimate gaming laptops have dual graphics cards, they just tend to cost a pretty rough price.
    "A flower.