Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't remember Thorianrage.

And the amp does have a 3.5mm jack on the back. Just not using it atm. And the speakers are PolkAudio T15s, not the greatest but they'll do for the time being.

I did swap out the power brick it came with and am using an old netbook power brick for it instead.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    that amp has no headphone jack, its purely for bookshelf speakers, only has speaker terminals for outputs.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s are those the cables i linked on your thread a few days ago ?
    Oh... interesting. So for unpowered speakers eh? Weird...

I'd rather just have powered monitors. =S
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    one of my 45-degree XSPC rotaries on my CPU waterblock decided to crap out a few weeks back and leak on my GTX 780, I was very lucky it didn't damage the card! I contacted XSPC and they never got back with me after sending in proof. I documented this over at overclock.net if you want to check it out: http://www.overclock.net/t/1476597/water-corrison

I will not be buying XSPC products anymore!

I decided to drain the loop and clean everything and get a pump top for my D5 and Bitspower res.

http://imgur.com/a/mCeAg
    did you decide to get new compression fittings or are you gonna replace the cpu waterblock? just curious.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Deleted
    All the new goodies got delivered during the weekend. Wife wanted a better pc, made a home server and treated myself with a new rig.
    So i gave my wife my current pc with new ssd, hdd (i5 2.5k@4.3, CM Evo, 8GB Kingston Ram, Gigabyte 560ti, Intel 120Gb ssd, WD Caviar blue 1tb)

So the home server:

-Bitfenix Phenom M
    -Intel Celeron G1830
    -CM Xdream cpu cooler
    -Gigabyte B85M-HD3
    -2x4GB DDR3 Crucial balistic Sport @ 1600
    -2xWD red's + Intel ssd
    -Be Quiet pure power 400W
    Side panels swapped around simply cause everytime you need to open it up you half to unplug side buttons from mobo...

My new rig:

-Aerocool dead silence windowed
    -I5 4670k
    -Corsair H100i
    -Asus maximus VI Gene C2
    -2x4GB DDR3 Corsair vengeance pro @ 1866
    -Gigabyte GTX770 OC 4GB
    -Corsair neutron GTX 240gb
    -WD Caviar black 1tb
    -Be Quiet pure power L8 530W
    -140mm Noctua NF-A14 case fan
    -Bitfenix alchemy aqua blue
    Cable management still needs work but need sleeves extensions and that will be done after i am done with overclocking.

The pc room:

Any word on GTX800 series (for desktop)? Have a moderate 2011 setup that needs updating soon.

Quote Originally Posted by theger View Post
    Any word on GTX800 series (for desktop)? Have a moderate 2011 setup that needs updating soon.
    Heard they got delayed until 2015 or something.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Heard they got delayed until 2015 or something.
    half correct. This also applies to the Nvidia 800 series delay AND the AMD delay. Sources:
    this link and this video below:
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FYI guys, this is a post your gaming setup thread... not an ask random questions thread. Yes, it may be about GPUs, but that still is technically against the rules.

For the future, theger, either make your own thread in the computer forums, or use the computer forum chat thread. We all hang out there and talk random stuff, with little to no rules on topic.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...um-Chat-Thread
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    rearranging my server setup:

these are mostly made out of old parts lying around

on the left:
    CPU: i7-4930K
    MB: Asus P9X79 WS
    RAM: 32GB DDR3-1600
    Storage:
    OSDrive: Crucial M4 60GB
    4x WD CBlack 1TB
    2x SG Barracuda 1TB
    1x SG Barracuda 2TB

This box will have 2K8R2 on it and will host most of my storage and media functions like plex, subsonic at least until i order a new system for ESXi and a NAS
    it will also host my bitcoin asics

on the right:
    CPU: i7-990X
    MB: Rampage 3 formula
    RAM: 6GB DDR3-1600
    SSD: 60GB kingston SSDNow
    2nd intel Ethernet GbE NIC
    Custom wifi adapter
    Dial up modem

this box will have Kali Linux and serve as a lab hacking box while i work on getting my OSCP cert, it will also be a socks proxy as reddit blocks access from my work

10+ Year Old Account
    @Cyan Aren't those a little overdimensioned for those rather simple tasks? +)

Anyway, made a mod to my bitfenix phenom. Sidepanel was too close to the GPU, causing temps to rise to 82-83 on my asus gtx670 (dcII).
    Cut a hole in the sidepanel and installed a filter. Demciflex ftw, awesome filters.

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Now it's 72deg : )
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-04-28 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, finally joined the Fractal Design R4 club, great case by the way so easy to work with.

Swapped out the 7870 for a 610 (Guy I bought the 7870 gave me the 610 because the 7870 wasn't working properly, so got a little project there to take apart the 7870 and see if I can get it working again.)

Cable management is on getting better, I tidied up the top after I took the picture and removed the akasa labels from the SATA3 cables. Having a little fun with nVidia GeForce picking up the 610 as my primary as my 560Ti as my secondary, but its not causing any problems and I think the AirFlow will be better this way as I have the Serial card under where the 610 is now.

Now I just need to tidy up the cables under the desk!

great looking mod. I always wondered how the bitfenix systems do on thermals with their odd format.... with cards pulling air from the botton they really didnt give that thing much room to breathe.
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    @Cyan Aren't those a little overdimensioned for those rather simple tasks? +)
    yeah, but they are literally built with what i had lying around, eventually both will be replaced with another ESXi server, im looking at a supermicro mITX board with the 8 core Avaton Atom cpu, and then a drobo 5n for storage

Deleted
    dijinni
    get your selves some http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

using these with cable ties under my desk to manage the cables, also works great inside the computer too.

the adhesive is pretty decent as well

10+ Year Old Account
    so, testing the new filter. Playing some diablo 3, vsync off;
    Pop Up Image

Not bad for a stuffed itx system +)

Deleted
    Made an upgrade today that was a long time coming as it kept getting pushed back for one reason or another, From this:

To this:

I am able to get some games to run like this windowed. I would like to find a way to set up eyefinity at 4360x1440 to make it work with more games, but I doubt it is possible at this point.

Last edited by mmoccbc7db64cc; 2014-04-29 at 06:23 PM.

And your one GPU will let you use 4 monitors? thats cool as hell

Been so long since i posted, but here's my new build as of a week ago traded away my old build for a laptop due to living conditions and then had to build a new desktop not even 2 months later. Specs in the sig.

CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    Been so long since i posted, but here's my new build as of a week ago traded away my old build for a laptop due to living conditions and then had to build a new desktop not even 2 months later. Specs in the sig.
    How easy was it to work in that case? Been thinking of doing a build with one.

Edit: Also is there room to hide a ssd in there, as I want to throw a ssd and 2 hdd in it.
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2014-04-29 at 11:37 PM.

Well other than having to tear out the CD drive bay and the top half of the hard drive bay not to bad (to fit my h100i and video card). I would just highly recommend a modular psu cuz things get tight pretty fast. other than that its a fairly nice build and i can move it around much easier than my old haf 932ft
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014