10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought this beauty for work (finally my own desk!), a CM Storm Quickfire TK with MX browns. Love how minimalistic and simple it is, no gaming bling and a nice weighty quality feel to it. The keys will definitely fade over time but I'm not too concerned, just wanted a sturdy mech keyboard to type on. For the price it's nice.

Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-05-06 at 06:33 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Looking good! Still marketed as gaming Wonder what really qualifies something as "gaming" when it comes to peripherals and hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Wonder what really qualifies something as "gaming" when it comes to peripherals and hardware.
    Buzzwords. Use many buzzwords.

Looking good! Still marketed as gaming Wonder what really qualifies something as "gaming" when it comes to peripherals and hardware.
    Gaming = bling and buzzwords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Denmark to study CCNA/Other network stuff

Went to IKEA to get a new trashcan/some kitchen stuff, ended up buying a new table for ~£80. Oh well!

Travelling back to Greenland in a little over a month.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Back in Denmark to study CCNA/Other network stuff

Went to IKEA to get a new trashcan/some kitchen stuff, ended up buying a new table for ~£80. Oh well!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SXhFwNQl.jpg[/]

Travelling back to Greenland in a little over a month.
    Your wallet could use an upgrade :P Nice setup!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Gaming = bling and buzzwords.
    Well I figured that, I was more curious if there was actually anything something had to have to qualify as "gaming" but we can take that off-topic somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Your wallet could use an upgrade :P Nice setup!
    It's about 6 years old by now :P

A new wallet would be nice, but then again I could buy a Hyper212+ for the money if I were to get a nice wallet
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a bit silly the more I think about it. I have so many boxes lying around my room with "gaming" stamped on them and my folks are all "stop buying gaming stuff!" and I'm like "...but it's just a plain keyboard, honest.".

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    It's about 6 years old by now :P

A new wallet would be nice, but then again I could buy a Hyper212+ for the money if I were to get a nice wallet
    You can always get a lot of stuff for the money you could spend on other stuff :P
    Upgrade it before stuff actually starts falling out of your wallet (I was dumb enough to wait that long).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-05-04 at 10:44 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my babies today! It was worth saving up!

Click for big

Not 100% happy with the headphones but Amazon had them on sale + I had a coupon. They're very clean but don't do bass very well. Still, very very pleased overall with this setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleHawk View Post
    Made an upgrade today that was a long time coming as it kept getting pushed back for one reason or another, From this:

I am able to get some games to run like this windowed. I would like to find a way to set up eyefinity at 4360x1440 to make it work with more games, but I doubt it is possible at this point.
    I want that chair also i'll be upgrading my sound soon to some sp2500 no idea for sound card, will post pics once i get em
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Not 100% happy with the headphones but Amazon had them on sale + I had a coupon. They're very clean but don't do bass very well. Still, very very pleased overall with this setup.
    You have to give headphones time to break-in though. Don't judge cans within atleast 30-40 hours, however it can take weeks before they open up completely.
    I'm still hearing some subtle differences in the B&W P7's.

I don't like the look of the build quality of those cans though. Sound may be good, but the buildquality looks plasticy and unfinished.

Deleted
    I got my babies today! It was worth saving up!

what you have there is proper headphones, it doesnt cover the sound with over powering bass which 'gaming' headsets basically is, proper actual headphones which are the ones you want to spend money on, sound like that, its designed to be accurate, solid clarity.

Basically, all of the rubbish from gaming headsets arent present here, your hearing how sound should sound as close as possible.
    youve made a good choice here

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried what a sound equalizer does to them? Try boosting the bass up a little and see how it sounds. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Equalisers actually make mine sound worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    what you have there is proper headphones, it doesnt cover the sound with over powering bass which 'gaming' headsets basically is, proper actual headphones which are the ones you want to spend money on, sound like that, its designed to be accurate, solid clarity.

Basically, all of the rubbish from gaming headsets arent present here, your hearing how sound should sound as close as possible.
    youve made a good choice here
    I'm warming up to them for sure. I messed around with the foobar equalizer and found a good balance. Nothing too crazy, it's pretty close to flat with just a few minor tweaks to bass/treble. Vocals sound amaaaaaazing. I think I'll stick with these for a good while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazh
    Have you tried what a sound equalizer does to them? Try boosting the bass up a little and see how it sounds. :-)
    I'm starting to slowly realize that I don't like bass as much as I thought I did, though I've still found myself boosting bass up for a few songs (mostly hip hop, of course). I'm really glad I switched to foobar...if you notice in my setup I have Loki (Schiit) for DSD playback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I don't like the look of the build quality of those cans though. Sound may be good, but the buildquality looks plasticy and unfinished.
    I agree, they just fit my budget and are really good quality.

Edit: Random thought: why doesn't every manufacturer coil their cords? It's insanely convenient. I'm really starting to fall in love with these DT990s.

Deleted
    Edit: Random thought: why doesn't every manufacturer coil their cords? It's insanely convenient. I'm really starting to fall in love with these DT990s.
    Because it makes the chord heavy and annoying. At least most of the time it can make the headset heavier in the chord side and also they can drag. Personally I find a straight chord to be most pleasing, not too soft or too hard. It should be able to move naturally and not drag or add annoying sounds if rubbed against something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I can see that but that's definitely not the case for these ones at least. The cord is very light and doesn't get caught on anything, though I'm using an L (though I have it set up more like an T) shaped desk and the amp is on the right side. So the cable goes right from the amp to my head Nothing in the way really.

I have a friend who uses Shure headphones with detachable cord. It's got a coiled cable, and frankly it is a nightmare. Despite the cable being sufficiently long, the coil meant he couldn't direct the cable around his setup, and I don't blame him for not wanting to have his cans' cord dangling across the keyboard.

It was alleviated by him getting an external amp that sits on his left by the keyboard, so that helped a lot in making it more 'comfortable'.

15+ Year Old Account
    I must agree. The coiled cable on my sennheiser 280 pro's is the biggest fault with them actually. I mean I don't see it adding anything to the headphones but it's rather heavy and the cable without stretching isn't sufficiently long to reach behind the pc if routed neatly. And if you stretch the coil it just starts dragging the headphones down and isn't comfortable. Only thing I can come up with that it's useful for is that if you 'run out of' cable and would otherwise disconnect it there's some headroom left with coiled one. Might be good for if you moved around alot maybe?