Only thing I can come up with that it's useful for is that if you 'run out of' cable and would otherwise disconnect it there's some headroom left with coiled one.
    With the mile and a half of cable you get with most headphones, running out of range isn't something I have ever come across. I have about two thirds of the cable coiled up and fastened with a cable tie.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-05-07 at 12:30 PM.

I have my headphones connected to the computer, from which it then circles around half the table (held in place by some shelves I have). I can't tell you how convenient its current length is; it doesn't touch the floor, and I can comfortable roll a fair bit about in my chair if I so wish.

If this had been a coiled cable I'd be using it to choke someone right about now, I think. Today has not been a good day.

If this had been a coiled cable I'd be using it to choke someone right about now, I think. Today has not been a good day.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely not a fan of coiled cables, such as what my DT770's sport. Meanwhile my AD900x's sport a massively long flimsy cord, meanwhile the closed ear variant of the AD900x's have a quality braided cable sleeve. It just ticks me off they opted out of it for the open ear version. One of these days I'll get around to sleeving it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    If this had been a coiled cable I'd be using it to choke someone right about now, I think. Today has not been a good day.
    You'd have to keep pulling the cable until it was no longer coiled to even get anywhere. All in all, you'd just end up even more pissed while your potential victim would be confused.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Funny, my DT 770 Pro 80 ohm features no coiled cable. Just straight one here.

Anyway, two pictures today. Firstly, a while back I tried this thing called tilt-shifting, lens-shifting, whatever term you prefer. And honestly, this is about as good as I could get out of trying. /sigh

Secondly, a bit of a wet crisis is currently forcing me to have my setup somewhere else. I didn't feel like my computer would be safe where it was.
    Therefore, this is the current setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you like natural lighting behind a monitor? Just curious. and I miss your high res pics glad to see you coming back to it, its been awhile.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

I don't know yet! It's been raining, so the sun hasn't been nearly as glaring. It's been mostly a gentle, ambient light here. That said, if we had sun right now to begin with my setup wouldn't be where it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a while (4days is a while for me!) since we have pics semi-related to actual rigs (I just don't care about the audio discussions, sorry guys :3), thanks Drunkenvalley - always appreciate and enjoy your pics.
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Secondly, a bit of a wet crisis is currently forcing me to have my setup somewhere else. I didn't feel like my computer would be safe where it was.
    Your house/flat heard you water-cooled your PC and wanted to help.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I must agree. The coiled cable on my sennheiser 280 pro's is the biggest fault with them actually. I mean I don't see it adding anything to the headphones but it's rather heavy and the cable without stretching isn't sufficiently long to reach behind the pc if routed neatly. And if you stretch the coil it just starts dragging the headphones down and isn't comfortable. Only thing I can come up with that it's useful for is that if you 'run out of' cable and would otherwise disconnect it there's some headroom left with coiled one. Might be good for if you moved around alot maybe?
    I hear you on this issue... You described word for word the same issue I have with my Shure SRH440s.

Doesn't help they aren't very comfortable in the first place after 10 minutes. :P

That's why I've moved full-time to the Audio Technica ATH-AD700s... however lately with 3 jobs, I hardly even see my computer. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Funny, my DT 770 Pro 80 ohm features no coiled cable. Just straight one here.

Anyway, two pictures today. Firstly, a while back I tried this thing called tilt-shifting, lens-shifting, whatever term you prefer. And honestly, this is about as good as I could get out of trying. /sigh

Therefore, this is the current setup.

What is the chair you have in this picture? I'm on the look out for a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyflame View Post
    What is the chair you have in this picture? I'm on the look out for a new one.
    Same here man using a wooden one atm
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

It's a DXRacer chair, a "Chief" variant apparently according to the invoice on it. Pretty comfortable, and quite affordable compared to continuing to buy a chair every year from a local store...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a DXRacer chair, a "Chief" variant apparently according to the invoice on it. Pretty comfortable, and quite affordable compared to continuing to buy a chair every year from a local store...
    What kind of chairs were you buying? O.o

I bought this Staples store-brand chair for about $80 or so 5 years ago and it's still going. Only issue is the "leather" is breaking off.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Still going and no issues isn't the same as it's as comfortable necessarily. Yours might be but that's not usually the case in my experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    Been so long since i posted, but here's my new build as of a week ago traded away my old build for a laptop due to living conditions and then had to build a new desktop not even 2 months later. Specs in the sig.

Nice one. Lovely case and looks tidy inside too.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What kind of chairs were you buying? O.o

I bought this Staples store-brand chair for about $80 or so 5 years ago and it's still going. Only issue is the "leather" is breaking off.
    I've had poor luck with pretty much all the chairs I've had before. First one pretty much just fell apart over time, and the next one was well on the way when I decided I wanted something a bit more solidly built.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Still going and no issues isn't the same as it's as comfortable necessarily. Yours might be but that's not usually the case in my experience.
    I suppose that is a fair point. It probably doesn't support me as well as it once was, but I've gotten very used to it. Plus, I want a nice chair too, but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu $300. >_<

I've had poor luck with pretty much all the chairs I've had before. First one pretty much just fell apart over time, and the next one was well on the way when I decided I wanted something a bit more solidly built.
    That's a damn shame. Hope this new one is working out well!
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Decided to try out a new monitor configuration.

I will probably end up changing it again, but I am considering replacing the three small crappy monitors with a trio of 24" 1080p monitors (once I figure out which ones to get) and keeping this kind of set up. Since I like the eyefinity set up, but the monitors I have aren't very good for it.

EDIT: ended up reverting it already, while setting up eyefinity like that was nice and worth trying, the 3 small monitors I have are just not good enough to be worth using over the main one.
    Last edited by mmoccbc7db64cc; 2014-05-10 at 03:11 PM.

Bit of an update (haven't done sig yet :P)

Case: HAF 932
    CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz
    RAM: 16GB 4 x 4GB 1600Mhz G.Skill
    HD: 1x Samsung 830 128 GB SSD OS / 3x2TB 5400 RPM Samsung / 1x1TB WD Blue
    Motherboard: MSI P67-GD65
    GPU: Crossfire 7970 GHZE / R9 280X
    PSU: TX-650
    Cooling: CM 212+ push/pull

5760x1080 Resolution.

All Seating Fluid Chair (absolutely awesome)

Last edited by ewhenn; 2014-05-12 at 02:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I suppose that is a fair point. It probably doesn't support me as well as it once was, but I've gotten very used to it. Plus, I want a nice chair too, but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu $300. >_<

That's a damn shame. Hope this new one is working out well!
    Good chairs cost a lot tho :/
    In think the DXRacer series is probably one of the few that offers solid quality at a somewhat affordable price honestly, a lot of good chairs go for way more than that.
    I share his opinion tho, i used to buy ~100eur chairs as well that broke within a year or two and were never really that solid to begin with, so when i came across a DXRacer one i figured why the hell not & i have to say it's definately one of the most comfortable ones i've had.
    Only downside is some models (the one i have too) just look so out of place due to their racing seat look -.-