10+ Year Old Account
    http://i61.tinypic.com/2ebc111.jpg

A little minimalistic but I like it.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2014-07-05 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gatecrasher View Post
    My first build.

http://i.imgur.com/VjckSS7l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VABwF9Wl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2nMv1mpl.jpg

I still need to some cable work but overall I'm pretty happy with the build. Run's cool and quiet and is a beast.
    Oh you bastard, I'm still waiting for my 4690k to arrive. :-P

Nice build, good choices all around, and the cable management isn't as bad as you make it sound apart from the CPU 8pin. The coloured cables really let it down visually, though. But not much a builder can do about that. :)

10+ Year Old Account
    My first build.

I still need to some cable work but overall I'm pretty happy with the build. Run's cool and quiet and is a beast.
    That's a neat looking build, how do you like the BeQuiet! cooler?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    My first build.

I like!
    What are the specs of that laptop?

Also what camera did you use for the pics?
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Oh you bastard, I'm still waiting for my 4690k to arrive. :-P

Nice build, good choices all around, and the cable management isn't as bad as you make it sound apart from the CPU 8pin. The coloured cables really let it down visually, though. But not much a builder can do about that.
    Thanks! I ordered some red cables to replace the blue ones. I'll disassemble next weekend and tighten it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    That's a neat looking build, how do you like the BeQuiet! cooler?
    Was easy to install and very quiet. I haven't had a chance to push it yet though so we'll see how it does performance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    I like!
    What are the specs of that laptop?

Also what camera did you use for the pics?
    Laptop is a MSI:

i7-3610QM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M 2GN
    17" 1920x1080 LED panel
    Steelseries keyboard

She is a beast and great for when I travel (heavy as shit though).

Camera is a Nikon D3200 with a 18-55 mm lens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! I ordered some red cables to replace the blue ones. I'll disassemble next weekend and tighten it up a bit.

Was easy to install and very quiet. I haven't had a chance to push it yet though so we'll see how it does performance wise.

Laptop is a MSI:

i7-3610QM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M 2GN
    17" 1920x1080 LED panel
    Steelseries keyboard

She is a beast and great for when I travel (heavy as shit though).

Camera is a Nikon D3200 with a 18-55 mm lens.
    please repost with updated cables, very interested in what it looks like

im considering that camera purchase in less than 2 months! do you like it? ive never used any DSLR or semi-pro camera even, but im looking for a nice camera to keep all my memories on and capture them nicely with great functionality but without too much playing with settings/photography knowledge. played around with the nikon d3200 in a store and with the wireless adapter that works on a phone for capturing pics remotely, i was almost sold.

Hows the 675M treating you? Around the same time of the camera purchase im going to likely be in the market for a desktop replacement laptop, considering the Sager NP9377-S from xoticpc with the 120hz screen, SLI 880M, i7-4810mq, 2x500GB SSDs in RAID0, 2x1TB HDDs in RAID 0, and the works with the IC diamond, copper upgrades, screen calibration, etc with the 3 year warranty, coverage, and accidental damage protection. Hoping this gets me through 4 years of college gaming and such.

Of course, there is the option of buying something for half that price with like a single 870m/880M to get me through roughly 2 years and then upgrade to a newer model down the line rather than trying to go balls to the wall from the get-go.

A discussion not fit for this thread, however, keep up the great setup pics, everyone.
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

My wonderful girlfriend bought me a new PSU as an early birthday present as my previous PSU made all kinds of loud fan noise.
    I am not positive about what model it was, but it was a Coolermaster PSU.

I replaced it with a Corsair RM650, and it is incredibly silent thanks to the fan not even spinning until I start gaming, and even then it is inaudible.
    A problem arose though while I was putting it in, the computer would not turn on. For the life of me, I had no clue why. So I took it to a mate who owns a computer shop and he literally unplugged the cables from the PSU side, then plugged them back in and it worked. I have no idea why, maybe I didn't socket them properly.. Who knows. Just thankful I didn't blow up my motherboard somehow.

Anyway, I really like the Corsair RM650, I made a video about the ordeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the devils canyon i7 in thursday, and finally got around to installing today

Deleted
    *Darth Vader voice* "Welcome to the dark side" ... or something like that, much dark, looks good though!

What happened to X79 for you? D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    What happened to X79 for you? D:
    nothing, i just wanted the 4790k, because special non tick/tock release and all, i'll probably go back to HEDT with an x99 and 5690x

Well, you're welcome to ship your X79 to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Well, you're welcome to ship your X79 to me...
    you have as much computer crap lying around as i do, not sure why you want my crap to sit in your junk bin :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    you have as much computer crap lying around as i do, not sure why you want my crap to sit in your junk bin :P
    Because your stuff is more expensive.

Deleted
    I'll happily take that X79 "junk" off your hands

10+ Year Old Account
    actually, im planning on ordering another x79 for my old 3960x and then setting up all intel 5 hex cores into a render farm for my brother

Deleted
    I haven't seen many EVGA boards around been used. How do you like them so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I haven't seen many EVGA boards around been used. How do you like them so far?
    they aren't bad, EVGA used to have the two best motherboards on the market with the x58 classified 3 and the SR-2 classified, but then two things happened, they lost half their motherboard engineers to sapphire, and Asus seriously stepped up their RoG brand

looking at it today, i went with the EVGA because it's limited on features, basically a high quality board with no extra fat attached, which is the direction i think RoG should be going, instead they are loading their boards out with more features than you will ever use, which just leads to driver overhead and a messy kernel

Deleted
    Some potato quality photos coming up:

New stuff!

I knew stock coolers weren't amazing but this has to be a joke...

Annoyingly the CPU 8pin is too short to be routed properly.

Ugh...

Problems!

Problem solved!

Still quite tight.

Whole setup.

I might order a second GTX 760, and at that point I'll use something better than my old phone. :P

And now I get to move everything from my crappy case into this beauty. I just want to sit here and stare at it for bit, it's my first case that has the inside painted and it's sooooooo purdy.

Best $10 i ever spent
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.