Just built my new pc.
    Opinions are welcome

Intel LGA 1150 Core I7 4790K R$ 1.229,00
    Corsair 8GB (2x4) DDR3 2400MHz Vengeance Pro Red R$ 389,00
    ASUS Atx LGA 1150 Maximus VII Hero Z97 R$ 975,00
    GigaByte GeForce GTX760 2GB DDR5 256-Bit Windforce 3X PCI-Express 3.0 R$ 1085,90
    Sharkoon REX MWC Water Cooling Edition R$ 505,00
    Seagate SATA III Barracuda 7200 1TB ST1000DM00 R$ 294,00
    PSU Zalman 700W Dual Forward Power Supply ZM700-GLX R$ 322,90

Total : R$ 4.870,80 = $ 2.193,22

Computer stuff in Brazil is expensive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sh4c4w View Post
    GigaByte GeForce GTX760 2GB DDR5 256-Bit Windforce 3X PCI-Express 3.0 R$ 1085,90

Well since you asked, I think you overspent on the RAM and motherboard.. Some savings there would have got you a nice 250-500Gb SSD. But other then that it looks pretty solid, especially for WoW considering the CPU. Any overclocking yet?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Ghazh, the high speed RAM is always both overkill and overpriced, well, almost always. For WoW, it is. The motherboard is also pretty overkill, unless you know how to use it to its fullest potential.

The savings could have garnered an SSD like Ghazh said, and/or a higher level GPU.

Still, good looking system! Would love to see pictures once you have it all setup!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    My System Specifications:

Operating System: Windows 2.6.2.9200
    CPU Type: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU Speed: 3.42 GHz
    System Memory: 8.53 GB
    Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    Video Card Memory: 4.23 GB
    Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll
    Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080
    Download Speed: 3.12 MB/s (25 mbps)

Living in Belgium and internet is shit over here compared to some other countries.
    Have a 27" monitor.
    Will post a picture soon.

Was wondering since I want to multibox WoW more, I can currently have 6-10 WoW windows open at min settings, which part(s) should I upgrade to be able to run more ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a joke? That OS...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Well since you asked, I think you overspent on the RAM and motherboard.. Some savings there would have got you a nice 250-500Gb SSD. But other then that it looks pretty solid, especially for WoW considering the CPU. Any overclocking yet?
    No overclocking yet. Saving for some decent cooler first.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I agree with Ghazh, the high speed RAM is always both overkill and overpriced, well, almost always. For WoW, it is. The motherboard is also pretty overkill, unless you know how to use it to its fullest potential.

The savings could have garnered an SSD like Ghazh said, and/or a higher level GPU.

Still, good looking system! Would love to see pictures once you have it all setup!
    Ill take some pictures when i get back from work! ^^

What MOBO and RAM u guys think would suit better this build ? I knew the RAM was overkill but about the MOBO as Ghazh said, planning to overclock in fullest potential as soon as some decent cooler arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    My System Specifications:

Operating System: Windows 8.1
    CPU Type: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU Speed: 3.42 GHz
    System Memory: 8.53 GB
    Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    Video Card Memory: 4.23 GB
    Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll
    Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080
    Download Speed: 3.12 MB/s (25 mbps)

Living in Belgium and internet is shit over here compared to some other countries.
    Have a 27" monitor.
    Will post a picture soon.

Was wondering since I want to multibox WoW more, I can currently have 6-10 WoW windows open at min settings, which part(s) should I upgrade to be able to run more ?
    Edit: inserted wrong OS. Correction made.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by sh4c4w View Post
    Just built my new pc.
    Opinions are welcome

Thinking about trading the gtx 760 for a xfx r9 280x, does it worth it?
    Last edited by sh4c4w; 2014-07-24 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a joke? That OS...
    Windows 2.6.2.9200:
    windows NT kernel 6.2 build 9200

sounds like windows 8, newer build so probably 8.1

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

The mobo is not over kill if you just want to OC and have a good gaming mobo. It doesn`t cost much more then a normal Z97 board.
    it`s a striped Down version of the high-end ROG boards. It`s 100% aimed at games WHO allso wants to be able to do a good OC without to many fancy Things and it has a REALY good on-board sound Card

The RAM are overkill.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by sgtaliin View Post
    I am lazy so I'll just post a link of my setup I made a while back.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ydLHRB
    A locked processor on a OC board? What is this nonsense!?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Just finished my new build this morning...

i7-4770k overclocked to 4.2GHz @ 1.145v with 8GB of Corsair Dominator GT running at 2000MHz @ 1.65v. GPUs are EVGA 660Ti FTW Sig 2 in SLI w/ GTX 770 backplates. I custom made the cables (my first set). It's all housed in a Fractal Design XL R2.

Why not one higher-power GPU and potentially add a twin later?
    Why did you opt to put the drives in the top-sled, instead of in the bottom and remove the top one for more air-flow?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Why not one higher-power GPU and potentially add a twin later?
    Why did you opt to put the drives in the top-sled, instead of in the bottom and remove the top one for more air-flow?
    I already had the GPUs (and got a great deal on them when I bought them).

I don't like the look of the missing HDD cage in the middle. I toyed with removing both but the empty space looked just as awkward to me. I'm not having any heat issues so it just became an aesthetic decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    I already had the GPUs (and got a great deal on them when I bought them).

I don't like the look of the missing HDD cage in the middle. I toyed with removing both but the empty space looked just as awkward to me. I'm not having any heat issues so it just became an aesthetic decision.
    Are they your front panel connectors in your lowest vertical grommet?
    If so, or even not, how did you route them from behind your motherboard?

It looks very nice, and front panel connectors are a bane of my existence, all my other cables in my case are minimalist, and then ugly unsleeved front panel cables.
    That might be a way for me to minimise the ugliness. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Are they your front panel connectors in your lowest vertical grommet?
    If so, or even not, how did you route them from behind your motherboard?

It looks very nice, and front panel connectors are a bane of my existence, all my other cables in my case are minimalist, and then ugly unsleeved front panel cables.
    That might be a way for me to minimise the ugliness. ._.
    It looks like a Fractal case, but if it's anything like the Corsair cases the front panel connectors are likely sleeved in groups. I know the two front panels I've had for my 700D and the ones I've used on 650Ds have had dense but loose sleeve (covers everything, but not sleeved tight to the wires). If you tuck it straight under the board and then out a grommet, it looks good.

Just ordered a Crucial MX100, recently picked up a second 3x2GB Corsair kit (stuff your "matched DIMMs", not running at highest spec) and will be changing from CCFL to UV LEDs since these CCFLs are kinda crap.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by Takanasi View Post
    Those empty pill bottles concern me.
    most likely adderall

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    It looks like a Fractal case, but if it's anything like the Corsair cases the front panel connectors are likely sleeved in groups. I know the two front panels I've had for my 700D and the ones I've used on 650Ds have had dense but loose sleeve (covers everything, but not sleeved tight to the wires). If you tuck it straight under the board and then out a grommet, it looks good.

Just ordered a Crucial MX100, recently picked up a second 3x2GB Corsair kit (stuff your "matched DIMMs", not running at highest spec) and will be changing from CCFL to UV LEDs since these CCFLs are kinda crap.

Yeah, it's a Fractal ARC XL, I have a Fractal Midi R2, so it's basically the same layout, his is just a bit larger.
    I can't figure out for the life of me how he put it horizontally behind the board, and it come out so vertically beneath it. There must be some sort of tape.. Or something. You don't happen to have any pictures of the way that you do it at all please?

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Yeah, it's a Fractal ARC XL, I have a Fractal Midi R2, so it's basically the same layout, his is just a bit larger.
    I can't figure out for the life of me how he put it horizontally behind the board, and it come out so vertically beneath it. There must be some sort of tape.. Or something. You don't happen to have any pictures of the way that you do it at all please?
    The only one I have to hand is the 700D, and I don't have it done like this.

He has them pulled around the lower two standoffs, and he's using thumbscrews to affix the board to the standoffs so that may be throwing you off:

5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pilates View Post
    most likely adderall
    Did you just quote a 4 year old post?