Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I suppose this works if you lack the self discipline but it's not the smartest idea. I mean you buy a mobo and cpu first and use them for what, as a paper weight? They are just gonna sit on your table to collect dust until you have enought money to get the last piece. You'll be better off saving some money each month and buying it all together so you get the most up to date technology at the best price.
    cpus dont refresh that often though.

ivybridge, haswell and devils canyon, thats not a large step in recent developments in the time frame theyve been out and there prices havent actually changed sadly, and motherboards dont change in performance unless people will use the features.

RAM hasnt changed price, if not has gone up lol, but again, no development here except for the really pricey DDR4 ram thats on preorder on a UK etailer thats just WTF on prices.
    for those wondering how much they are, well here
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=18614906

PSU, well such a decent range these days, its good prices all around.

GPUs, the most expensive singular part, these only go down in price once a new line comes out, though we are getting new stuff towards the end of year, though my statement was more for a general sense.

HDDs pretty much stayed largely stable, SSDs on another hand do continue to go down in price, but the performance for most users is kinda moot with the current drives.

Cases is always subjective mind you, but these prices vary massively and really, a line of cases dont change much on prices, my silverstone raven 3 hasnt shifted prices in a long time for example.

There are always buying methods to do things, this is a open option and opens up peoples mind.

If we keep telling people to wait until the new thing comes out, thats not that much different then committing to the build mind you. The time is the same till its up and running, peoples price range wont change and they will most likely end up with the same performance build.
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2014-08-07 at 07:28 PM.

Well, finally went through and airdusted my case and holy hell those meshes work good. Nice coating of dust&hair(we have cats so there is ALWAYS hair floating around) and only small dust particles managed to get into the actual case and a quick spritz got rid of them easy enough.

Now my only problem is getting enough molex adapters or a fan controller to get all those fans hooked up and find some black pantyhose to dust-proof this sucker completely. Still got 3 emtpy spots for fans in it but thinking i'll just throw a filter over them instead of trying to have 7 fans running in this thing(4 is plenty) :\

Damn summer time and cats shedding and dust everywhere. I miss winter
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    My old Girl. But she does what I need her to do.
    Specs in Sig.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Because signatures are fickle...

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Because signatures are fickle...
    Had this PC 7 years, but good point. I have just changed the fans so they were all green :P

Might want to consider getting another stick of RAM to complete the triple channel. Else, looks good. I wouldn't personally have gone with RAID SSD or LED fans, but people being different is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Might want to consider getting another stick of RAM to complete the triple channel. Else, looks good. I wouldn't personally have gone with RAID SSD or LED fans, but people being different is a good thing.
    It has 4 RAM DIMM slots in the image, so I can't help but imagine it's dual-channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It has 4 RAM DIMM slots in the image, so I can't help but imagine it's dual-channel.
    Three slots are white, one is blue. At the time, this was not unusual in budget solutions; some 1156 boards had three slots.
    And triple channel memory controllers do support dual channel, just like how quad channel controllers support triple and dual channel.

<snip> - Please use thumbnails or smaller pictures.
    Last edited by chazus; 2014-08-15 at 07:53 PM.

Hot damn someone actually has a 7990 on here :O
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should've cut that ram in half and invested into a nicer desk or even some back support since it seems you don't use a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Should've cut that ram in half and invested into a nicer desk or even some back support since it seems you don't use a chair.
    nothing wrong with my desk, she's solid cut wood. and will last out a nuke. and I don't use a chair by choice. I find the edge of the bed comfier, and space is at a premium in our flat with wife/kids so this is the only place I can get solace! :P

this desk btw, has lasted me since I was a wee baby like.. 13 years old. so it's older then most people on these forums!

Should've added - Corsair Vengeance 2100 headset (the one in the photo is my old/spare ones which are 1900s.. same thing just wired.) the new ones are wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    this desk btw, has lasted me since I was a wee baby like.. 13 years old. so it's older then most people on these forums!
    Unless you're in your... say, 50s, I think this is a little too aggressive a claim.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Less RAM, 7990 is ridiculous, please tell me you use it for games other than WoW...

If he has a wife and kids, there's a very real chance he's in his 50s, or at least 30s-40s.

But @Raldazzar... there's several people on these forums easily into their 20s.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Less RAM, 7990 is ridiculous, please tell me you use it for games other than WoW...

If he has a wife and kids, there's a very real chance he's in his 50s, or at least 30s-40s.

But @Raldazzar... there's several people on these forums easily into their 20s.
    I would even go as far to say, that there are quite a few people beyond the 30 here. (Myself included...)
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    I would even go as far to say, that there are quite a few people beyond the 30 here. (Myself included...)
    Oh, for sure! I just can't say how many. :P Though I know quite a few in their 20s.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if I'm going to get serious about certifications, might as well have some proper hardware. Packet Tracer was nice for CCNA, but GNS3 isn't even going to get me through SWITCH -_-

Humble beginnings of a home lab.

What you're seeing below is my horribly clunky solution (but it works :P) to stay consoled onto multiple devices. Yay for USB hubs.

Power requirements may start becoming an issue as I add more devices, apparently people with CCIE-level home labs often struggle to maintain 15-20+ devices off just wall sockets and stuff starts exploding :P

And this is approximately what it sounds like when they are turned on:

Freaking 25mm fans.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Freaking 25mm fans.
    Holy hell those things are tiny. I'm surprised those little stubs can even move air to being with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the feel, 25mm Master Race.

Did you buy them used?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Holy hell those things are tiny. I'm surprised those little stubs can even move air to being with.
    inb4 5000rpm to be able to move a feather. :P
    "A flower.