10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    Cheeze, what else is on your lap? Looks like more goodies.
    Shield cover, Logitech G602 & G502.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Cheeze, you should do a review of the Shield. Really curious... what are you planning on using it for?
    Was actually thinking of using it as a new XBMC host

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chooah View Post
    Cheeze, you should do a review of the Shield. Really curious... what are you planning on using it for?
    tldr: the nvidia stuff works awesome, pretty much like they advertise, the rest of the tablet...well..the biggest problem is android, a custom rom minus android would make a much better gaming device, nobody likes it when googleNOW interrupts your game because you brushed the home button with your thumb

i use the tablet as a permanent console attached to my tv, and the first gen portable stays in my backpack, but i wouldn't use it for XBMC, get a raspberry pi for that

Currently re-doing my entire flat and trying to find solutions to make my pc as subtle as possible, dont want a giant desk etc, try to lurk in the chassi in some sort of furniture aswell to hide it, any ideas/tips?

Only thing ive come up with so far is to have a IKEA shelf for my keyboard n mouse, put both screens on the wall (actual pc still the problem in this since its a Hightower)
    then paint a background wall in same colour as the shelf, keyboard n mouse and screens.. sounds logical or?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I'm not following. You wanna hide your PC? Blasphemy!

I suppose you could get one of those desks that have small cabinet built under it where you could stuff it. Just make sure to make some holes on the bottom and rear so it can breath. Or just get some really sleek looking case like fractal design r4 that's a pleasure to have on display.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Currently re-doing my entire flat and trying to find solutions to make my pc as subtle as possible, dont want a giant desk etc, try to lurk in the chassi in some sort of furniture aswell to hide it, any ideas/tips?

Only thing ive come up with so far is to have a IKEA shelf for my keyboard n mouse, put both screens on the wall (actual pc still the problem in this since its a Hightower)
    then paint a background wall in same colour as the shelf, keyboard n mouse and screens.. sounds logical or?
    My best guess would be to get one of these or something. Though I might be missing your point entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely post a review of it on the website I write for soon-ish, just waiting for the controller to arrive.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    My best guess would be to get one of these or something. Though I might be missing your point entirely.
    well, yes but no. im more thinking like this but having the shelf as a "desk unit" and screens on the wall. the problem is my huge hightower that needs to be put into place to make it look clean without sticking out as a huge box below it all:

Only idea from this end i have is building a box below the shelf or make it rather thick and build the pc inside of it, therefor eliminating the hightower but forces me to make a furniture which has a computer in it
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2014-08-19 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, yes but no. im more thinking like this but having the shelf as a "desk unit" and screens on the wall. the problem is my huge hightower that needs to be put into place to make it look clean without sticking out as a huge box below it all:

Only idea from this end i have is building a box below the shelf or make it rather thick and build the pc inside of it, therefor eliminating the hightower but forces me to make a furniture which has a computer in it
    if you're not interested in anything beyond 1920x1080, you could build a NUC or get a mac mini, then put your tower in a utility room or closet, then just use steam in home streaming to play your games

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the little Gigabyte boxes that you can VESA mount to the back of your monitor? Those are pretty neat.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-i5-42...&keywords=brix

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the little Gigabyte boxes that you can VESA mount to the back of your monitor? Those are pretty neat.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-i5-42...&keywords=brix
    NUCs

/10char

I would assume it's one of these little things.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account

We've got a couple at work, they've gotten much better since Haswell too.

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, we have several Zotac NUCs in use at my Jimmy John's. XD

- - - Updated - - -

/img

I had a setup like this at one point, trust me, you'll hate it, having no leg room like that? It SUCKS.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I want a NUC. Thanks, assholes. My poor wallet...

Now I want a NUC. Thanks, assholes. My poor wallet...
    X99 in 9 days. That's when your wallet will hurt. New processor, new motherboards, new DDR4 RAM... Whole shebang.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    x99 is pretty easy to ignore right now because the rest of the industry hasn't caught up. M.2 SSDs are stuck at 500gb, 16gb DDR4 modules aren't listed anywhere yet, GK110 is still the high-end GPU to beat, and 2TB SATA SSDs haven't materialized. In 3-6 months I can probably justify putting together a new computer but right now we don't even have ship dates for the rest of the hardware you'd want for a high-end system.
    Sorry, my daydreaming mind can't hear you.

10+ Year Old Account
    AGHHH!

I'm so excited. Everything but my case came today and my case should be here in a few hours...

i5 4690k
    Kingston Black 2*4GB
    MSI Gaming 3 Z97
    Corsair H55
    Crucial MX100 256GB
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    Samson Go Mic

Not pictured is obviously the Arc Midi that I'm waiting for.
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2014-08-20 at 04:41 PM.

What case are you getting?