Quote Originally Posted by Zangu View Post
    [B]May I suggest something like this?
    That's very much what I'm going for. Although a diff colour scheme, never been a fan of white tubing although that build is so well done it doesn't really matter. I'm thinking red/black with dark orange tubing/water. Or just red/black.

Picking up an i7 4790k, asus hero and 32gb corsair vengence pro 2133mhz later on today. After seeing the price of ddr4 I've decided not to go 2011.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... I am pretty sure all DDR4 memory for sale at the moment is in fact ECC-rated and not really aimed at consumers. When the consumer-grade stuff launches I am sure it will launch at a more reasonable price.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well it does look like there are some non-ecc kits available(crucial ballistix sports for example) but they are absurdly expensive(roughly twice as much as DDR3), not to mention they have a CAS of 16! Yeesh.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    DDR2 had better CAS latencies than DDR3... just sayin.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So... I am pretty sure all DDR4 memory for sale at the moment is in fact ECC-rated and not really aimed at consumers. When the consumer-grade stuff launches I am sure it will launch at a more reasonable price.
    I always thought corsair vengence was aimed at the gaming market. Although i have no doubt they'd be happy to package whatever as gaming gear to get sales and I don't really know enough about RAM to make that judgement myself.

DDR2 had better CAS latencies than DDR3... just sayin.
    True, even the ones I got in my system are CAS 6 but I didn't expect it to jump that much(9-10 is pretty normal for most DDR3 kits so I was expecting it to be 12-14). Gonna take some time to get used to seeing the CAS that high
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

15+ Year Old Account

Wink Don't worry Ma-am, I'm from the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I would never go for hard tubing myself, because while it does look much better, I'd make such a failure out of it.
    To be honest it's not even that hard. This was the first time I've ever done HD Tubing and also the first time I've also ever used a Heat Gun necessary for the bending.

Except for the first bend which got singed a little bit and later on a miscalculated and thus too short cut everything else went rather smooth. Just make yourself some cardboard templates of the necessary bend angles, rounded corners and some length markings ( +safety length ) and you're very unlikely to run into any problems.

I do though recommend to use of a Dremel or equivalent Tool to cut the Tubes and polish the ends - Speeds things up by a LOT and comes in handy in a household anyway.

So, I see your computer wasn't worth enough already, eh? :P
    What can I say... Other people invest into alcohol and tobacco related products... I do it into things I can enjoy looking at after a week of hard work on it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    That's very much what I'm going for. Although a diff colour scheme, never been a fan of white tubing although that build is so well done it doesn't really matter. I'm thinking red/black with dark orange tubing/water. Or just red/black.
    I actually wasn't even planning to use a dye inside the loop but the red, white and black color combination from the custom ROG SLI Bridge got me curious to try it out and I think it works quite well with the black Hardware and red Wires.
    26803200 Pixels

Here is my build I have had for a while now.

Cpu-15 2579k
    Motherboard-Msi Z77A-GD65
    Case- Thermaltake chaser MK-1
    GPU- Msi 660ti
    Psu-Corsair HX750 watt
    Storage-Kingston hyper x 120gb ssd, WD 1tb hdd
    Ram-16gb Corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Quote Originally Posted by blue3sword View Post
    Cpu-15 2579k
    I'm going to guess you meant a i5-3570k

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a Cooler Master V650S. Is it any good?

Also, Corsair Dominator Platinum - any good? I'm thinking of buying 16 GB 1866 MHz.

Edit: Reason I'm asking here is that it's surprisingly hard to find proper reviews of the PSU.
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2014-08-23 at 03:02 PM.

Cooler master PSUs are....ehhh...just meh. Most of em aren't very good. If your looking for help with some parts, feel free to make a thread in the build/help forum and we'll hop in there and help.

Also, that memory is generally absurdly overpriced.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reviews of that PSU because of exactly what tielknight said, they're meh. I wouldn't advise buying one. Aim for a SeaSonic, Silver Stone, or Antec. Also, I'd definitely say the same in regards to that RAM: overpriced.
    "A flower.

Corsair Dominator look excellent, but aside from that the RAM is no different from any other kit of 16GB 1866 MHz RAM.

Just picked up an asus g750 laptop. 17.3" screen, I7-4710@2.5(turbo to 3.5), gtx 860m 2gb, 8gb ddr3, 1tb HDD, 80211ac(? I dunno but it's supposed to be beast wifi) ping is 23ish in wow. I added a samsung 840 evo 250gig ssd. So far it seems pretty solid. I don't care for win 8.1 and aside from boot up I don't notice any real omg boost from the ssd. The cooling is amazing.

Performance wise, WoW as my benchmark, on ultra, 60fps(vsync) everywhere. Lfr saw a couple spikes down to 40-45 for 1 sec during pull+lust. I moved it all to high, move view distance and particles to ultra and it never dips below 58-60ish.

Overall 9/10. Would give it 10/10 but the cover for the HDD and ram broke a couple tabs when opening the cover. Not too pleased with the cheap plastic for that specific part. It doesn't affect the solid feel just wish the cover plastic was better.

Ahhh cheap plastic tabs/covers/screws/etc, always the cause of rage and frustration when they decide to snap off especially if they snap off and bury themselves further into your laptop.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-08-24 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Cooler master PSUs are....ehhh...just meh. Most of em aren't very good. If your looking for help with some parts, feel free to make a thread in the build/help forum and we'll hop in there and help.

Also, that memory is generally absurdly overpriced.
    Well, it's mostly because of the looks that I want the memory, but I'll look into some other kits then, thanks!

Also, thanks for the advice about the PSU. I won't be getting that then.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a Cooler Master V650S. Is it any good?

Also, Corsair Dominator Platinum - any good? I'm thinking of buying 16 GB 1866 MHz.

Edit: Reason I'm asking here is that it's surprisingly hard to find proper reviews of the PSU.
    SeaSonic or GTFO! Seriously, don't waste your money on meh products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'll try not to, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Don't forget XFX, since they are all Seasonic OEM's to begin with

Deleted
    lets not be too harsh on Cooler Master, they do have some very good power supplies on the market, like the V700