Small update from me. Will clean the inside of the case soon, I'll take a few photos of the new PSU, and hopefully by then, a new GPU.

Please use thumbnails in the future. I thumb'd this one for you. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2015-03-06 at 09:42 PM.

That headset looks so comfy. But ugly.

It is ugly, no other colors available (Logitech Logic), but very, very comfy

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an minor update while waiting for couple last parts:

Hmm..? What do you mean that one of each would have been enough?

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Eh, RM Series from Corsair? I mean, they are not going to blow your computer up, but may want to read this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/w...corsair-rm-psu

There are way better options in the same price range.
    But the Corsair RM series have the prettier cables. (and yes, I dislike Corsair PSUs, but the cables!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of information, which I can't even understand ~ English isn't my main-language. So, should I just send the PSU back and get another one, or will this do the job just fine (GTX 980 2-SLI)?

My employer/co-worker suggested this PSU for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Plenty of information, which I can't even understand ~ English isn't my main-language. So, should I just send the PSU back and get another one, or will this do the job just fine (GTX 980 2-SLI)?
    It will be fine, but he's saying it isn't very good value, ie, you could've gotten a slightly better PSU for slightly less money with less ripple.
    At the end of the day, it's still a quality PSU and I would not worry. And they still have 5 years of warranty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

My employer/co-worker suggested this PSU for me.
    If you can and don't mind bothering with the return, yes. Personally id recommend a brand like Evga's supernova G2. It will work fine though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother with returning if it's a hassle and you have to pay a restocking fee. Just next time do a little more research as the brand of PSU doesn't matter; it is the OEM.
    I've been purchasing PC's from that local shop for several years now, and so far I've been happy with them. Even my current PC is purchased from there, and is using Chieftec's 750W PSU, even tho fast Google search now shows that it isn't that great. Oh well, couple years onward and I'll be upgrading my PC again ~ maybe I'll ask here with PC upgrades, such as PSU, instead of local computer-shop.

But as long as the Corsair's one is doing it's job for me, I don't really care. And if it starts going crazy, I'll just return it and exchange into something better.

Intel Core i5-3670k 3.4gHz (overclocked to 4.2gHz)
    Asus Maximus VI Impact
    Corsair H100i
    G.Skill Sniper Series 1866mHz
    EVGA GTX 660 2GB
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

PC Specs:
    Corsair 800D
    Intel Extreme Edition Core i7 3970X 3.5GHz/4.0GHz Turbo Hex-Core
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 680
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866Mhz (4x4GB)
    120GB Corsair Force GT
    120GB Corsair Force GT
    2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache
    Lamptron Fan Controller FC3-A Limited Edition
    Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional

Deleted
    Eh, RM Series from Corsair? I mean, they are not going to blow your computer up, but may want to read this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/w...corsair-rm-psu

There are way better options in the same price range.
    Did you actually see the charts? Only the Seasonic G is better lol and runs at high rpm from low wattage to get 5 degrees less. So i don't know what that poster smokes, he actually showed corsair being better than the other four on charts but he says different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering there's like a billion versions of Corsair RM.
    They're made by Chicony and CWT.
    CWT has well, quality check problems at points. The RM by CWT uses Capxon capacitors, not the worse but not great for that price range. Chicony ones use Ltec, which are pretty bad. CWT can make some pretty good things, but they also make shit, which is also partially why I don't trust them as a OEM.
    There's supposedly a different build of RM out. You have to go by the serial number however to get it. No reviews of it are out though.
    Person that made the post should know that XFX XTR is a derivative of SeaSonic X gold series, not SeaSonic G series. I'm not an expert but hell even I know that.

RM series isn't the worse performing ones, but the build quality isn't on par to the competition.
    Corsair RM 650/850
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory5&reid=363
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory5&reid=369
    SeaSonic X-750KM3
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory5&reid=332
    EVGA GS 750
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory5&reid=414
    EVGA G2 750/850
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory5&reid=380
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory5&reid=377

The only reason to use Ltec and Capxon is to reduce cost. Some costs of the aforementioned PSU models have also gone down in price a bit so it's really very hard to consider an RM when you have better built stuff from others.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-03-07 at 01:28 AM.

Intel core i7 3770k running at 4.4GHz
    ASUS p8z77 PRO motherboard
    2x 4GB Kingston Hyperx 1866Mhz
    MSI GTX 660TI Power Edition
    Crusial M4 128GB
    WD Black 1TB
    WD Green 1TB
    Noctua NH-D14 Cooler
    ASUS Xonar DSX 5.1 sound card
    Coolermaster HAF X

Not much by today's standards but does the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    snip
    Yeah well as you can see evga's is alot better than seasonic's... it comes down to that all 4-5 of those are of good quality some a little higher than others so price will affect the decision. For me for example it was easy. I got my RM for 95 euro when the others were on 120+ at the time. Sure if all was the same i would like to get the best for the money. Do note tho that in eu power supplies are not as cheap and in some countries they are expensive as hell. So a small 5bucks difference is US might be 20+ euro somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can see how the pricing would be absurd if you live in certain areaws.

Deleted
    CPU: Intel i7-5930K (3,5 GHz) // OC at 4.0 GHz
    GPU 1: EVGA GeForce GTX980 Classified ACX 2.0 (4 GB | 1291 MHz)
    GPU 2: EVGA GeForce GTX980 Classified ACX 2.0 (4 GB | 1291 MHz)
    RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR4-2133 (CMK16GX4M4A2133C15)
    Board: EVGA X99 Classified (151-HE-E999-KR)
    Power-supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    SSD 1: Samsung 840 EVO Basic SSD 250GB (540MB/s | 520MB/s) "OS"
    SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO Basic SSD 250GB (540MB/s | 520MB/s) "Games"
    HDD 1: Western Digital Black 3TB "Games"
    HDD 2: Western Digital Green 1TB "Entertainment"

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother with returning if it's a hassle and you have to pay a restocking fee. Just next time do a little more research as the brand of PSU doesn't matter; it is the OEM.
    Apparently this shop doesn't sell EVGA's PSU's, and thus never even mentioned it.

Anyways, I spoke with him and I'm able to return both Corsair RM850's with zero cost, as they'll just use those for another customer if I don't want them (as they are still unopened). I would have been just fine with the Corsair's PSU, but my brother read some reviews and is a bit worried about it, and thinking of ordering the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850 W.

So, guess I'll just return both Corsair's and order SuperNOVA's instead once he decides which one he wants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah, I can see how the pricing would be absurd if you live in certain areaws.
    Normally the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W would be ~4€ more expensive than Corsair RM850, but there's 10€ discount on one website with 1-3 days delivery ~ and with it, it's cheaper.

Deleted
    Minor upgrade, finally got the graphics card, MSI GTX 970

10+ Year Old Account
    So looked at it again, XFX XTR is a modified SeaSonic G platform, welp whatever. >.>