Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All it takes is a screw at the right spot to fix it.
    But as alot of poeple write in the comments. You just move more pressure to the PCIe slot
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That’s physically impossible. You just end up with said pressure evenly distributed. And since some is bore by the screw and case it’s actually less.
    I will try Jays trick and see how it works
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Ended up with buying this cooler master - vertical graphic card holder with riser cable should come next week, so i can get the build done

I tried the Jays tricks, but i can't do the screw thing in my case and the other trick he does, din't work on my card. So i vent the vertical way, because a backplate wont really fix the sag problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Ended up with buying this cooler master - vertical graphic card holder with riser cable should come next week, so i can get the build done

I tried the Jays tricks, but i can't do the screw thing in my case and the other trick he does, din't work on my card. So i vent the vertical way, because a backplate wont really fix the sag problem.
    Just be careful you won't choke the card by having it too close to the glass

Can't post pix because will be delivered next week (will post later), however specs are:

CASE: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE
    Cpu: i7 Intel® Core™ i7-9700K 8 core (3,6 GHz) 12 MB cache
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s – RGB-ready
    RAM: DDR4 Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 3000 MHz 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)
    Gpu 11 GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP
    SSD Samsung 860 QVO 2,5" 1 TB, SATA 6 Gb/s
    SSD M.2 PCIe INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe 512 GB
    Psu CORSAIR 750 W TXm SERIES™ 80 PLUS® GOLD
    Aio: Hydro Corsair H100x
    Monitor: Asus Rog Swift PG279Q

Edit: there you go...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-05-23 at 03:05 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow this thread is still around I saw it on the Recent Forum Posts window that makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Which backplate are you getting? A minimalist one, or another thing to make unicorn vomit coloured?
    At a certain point the unicorn vomit becomes fucking awesome if you can go all out is looks so silly it becomes good but only when you can go all out like this one its when you go half ass and it dosnt look right to me.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2019-05-16 at 09:55 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Just be careful you won't choke the card by having it too close to the glass
    The CM braket should be the one which gives the most free space and the case on my GPU is not that big, so it should be good. But if it does chock the card i can send the braket back again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Wow this thread is still around I saw it on the Recent Forum Posts window that makes me smile.

At a certain point the unicorn vomit becomes fucking awesome if you can go all out is looks so silly it becomes good but only when you can go all out like this one its when you go half ass and it dosnt look right to me.
    Oh yeah, I only have my MOBO and a single strip that does RGB.. It'd look stupid if I tried it.

Next build I do I'll either go 2 builds in 1 tower or full unicorn vomit. Or both.

Got the vertical braket today and there is PLENTY of space between the glass and card

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Picture doesn't do it justice, it looks orange for some reason when it's a proper red. Ketchup n' mustard cables have since been replaced with red sleeved cables, just couldn't get a good picture.

CPU: Ryzen 2600x
    Cooler: Deepcool Castle 280
    Mobo: ASUS Strix B450-F
    RAM: 16gb G.skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz
    GPU: ASUS Strix Vega 64
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb, Crucial MX500 500gb
    HDD: WD Black 2tb
    PSU: Seasonic X-series 850w

PSU is a remnant from an older build where I ran a 2500k and dual 580s. Not sure if I should replace it or not, it is quite old at this point and gets kinda warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Nice rig dude! Where is that desk from? I am looking into getting something similar for my new apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Nice rig dude! Where is that desk from? I am looking into getting something similar for my new apartment.
    IKEA karlby too and Alex drawers . This setup has been changed as that was an old post

Last edited by Moozart; 2019-05-26 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IKEA karlby too and Alex drawers . This setup has been changed as that was an old post

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/CBvLSkv/8-C56102-A-5-A5-F-48-EF-892-F-1-DF34-BE09082.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]https://i.ibb.co/Jv9Wjq3/A9-DB9-C9-C-AC5-F-457-B-BF82-FFBBBF359769.jpg[IMG]
    What do you use for the lighting? Hue, or something else?

Thanks! I'll check it out

What do you use for the lighting? Hue, or something else?
    My light bulbs are Hue, the LED strips are just cheap rgb strips on Amazon, nothing fancy.

3+ Year Old Account
    Just a normal gaming laptop released in 2016.
    CPU:i7-6700HQ Graphics: Nvidia GTX-970M 3GB VRAM RAM:8GB 2133MHZ Hard Drive:1TB 7200rpm HDD+128GB SATA3 SSD Screen: 1920*1080 Pixel 120Hz, 72%NTSC

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go. Just got this beast finished last night.

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    That's cool, I'll slam your slamming. 32GB of ram is baseline. NVME is just something you probably don't have so you're jealous. The o11 dynamic is a nice case but it's not anywhere near as nice for cable management. Also you are wrong and should feel bad about your wrongness.

Also thanks for the link to the setup thread ;-)
    Just continuing this here because why not.
    32gb is sooo overkill. The only thing that uses more than 16gb for me is video editing
    My 970 boot and load times are within margin of error of my old OCZ SATA
    Who needs cable management when your trunk is so fucking huge that you can just cram it all in. As long as it looks pretty from the front (which mine doesn't even do )
    Specs:
    GPU: 2080ti at stock, it refuses to OC. It runs at 2045MHz core, 6800-7000MHz memory though
    CPU: 9700k @5.0. Think I got a bad chip, since I can do 5.0 at stock voltage (1.2ish), but can't do 5.1 even at 1.4V.
    Cooling: Corsair H150i Pro
    RAM: 32gb of 3200MHz C16
    MOBO: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
    Storage: 970 EVO 1TB + 6TB Seagate IronWolf
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova G3 850W
    Case: Lian-Li PC-O11
    Fans: Noctua NF-F12 Chromax x5 (replacing the stock ML120's that came with the 150i pro)
    If you want the updated pics which also looks bad:

10+ Year Old Account
    Just continuing this here because why not.
    32gb is sooo overkill. The only thing that uses more than 16gb for me is video editing
    My 970 boot and load times are within margin of error of my old OCZ SATA
    Who needs cable management when your trunk is so fucking huge that you can just cram it all in. As long as it looks pretty from the front (which mine doesn't even do )

If you want the updated pics which also looks bad:
    You're not wrong on cable management :P

Mine's a rat's nest in the back compartment right now. Planning on cleaning it up a bit when I install some hard drives next week.

And hey, full custom loop looks solid. I've never played with anything beyond an AIO myself.

As for RAM, I had to talk myself out of 64GB. Yes it's insane, yes it's pointless, but the number is bigger.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    You're not wrong on cable management :P

Mine's a rat's nest in the back compartment right now. Planning on cleaning it up a bit when I install some hard drives next week.

And hey, full custom loop looks solid. I've never played with anything beyond an AIO myself.

As for RAM, I had to talk myself out of 64GB. Yes it's insane, yes it's pointless, but the number is bigger.
    Oh yeah, bigger numbers are nice. I'm half and half considering getting a 64gb kit of Corsair pro RGB's to replace my current hyperX kit.

As for the loop: It looks like trash. Completely unmitigated trash. Finally getting in new fittings and tubing so I can re-do it over the next couple weeks, that's going to be fun.