Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    I chose the HAF922 because it met my needs between full-blown tower and space-constrained area. I've had the CPU oc'ed up to 4.2ghz and it'd boot into windows, but it would nearly immediately error as soon as I launched any programs within Windows, but I currently have it at 3.6ghz until I can get some replacement fans that'll push more air around, at which point I'll push it further.
    I'm surprised at your choice of motherboard. It's a mini-ATX format?

As for the position of the H70, it's fine. You'd probably do a bit better with the pump rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise, and the radiator rotated 90 degrees clockwise. That way, the tubing will not bend quite so much, and the barbs on the pump wont be interfering with each other.

Heres my current setup -

Intel i7 920 D0@4.2Ghz (200x21)
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    Corsair 6Gb DDR3-1600 (1866 modules)
    nVidia GTX470 1.2Gb
    2xWD3000HLFS RAID0
    Creative SB X-Fi

Cooled by a single loop (CPU only) - EK Supreme HF, EK Coolstream 120x3. Currently only got one GTX470 in there, though I have another sitting aside. Pondering whether to grab waterblocks for both and put them in the loop or get a single newer card. Probably wait until the new year before deciding. http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5938/cimg20620.jpg
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I'm surprised at your choice of motherboard. It's a mini-ATX format?
    I'm actually intrigued by it. If you aren't planning to do a multi gpu setup, why not go for a mATX if it's got everything else you need?
    red panda red panda red panda!

Why not

Asus M4A77TD
    AMD phenom 2 x3 720
    4gb OCZ ddr3-1600
    GFX card was an XFX 9800gt that died (and I bought the one without a lifetime warrenty ) currently I have a cheapo HD4650 that I will replace after christmas
    500gd raid 0 (2x WDD blue cheapie drives)
    Zalman CNPS10x Performa cpu cooler

I had the phenom clocked at 3.5ghz but when my 9800gt died I dropped it back to the stock 2.8ghz and turned shadows off. Once I get a real gfx card in there I will turn the OC back up

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

HAF 922... like a lot of people on this board with an NZXT fan controller
    great case but next time i think ill pick a case with a fan filter on the side panel. i used some window screen i got from the hardware store to help cut down on the dust, but im still having to clean out the case pretty often. the window screen just isnt fine enough.

Core i5 760 @ 4.2 ghz cooled with a Noctua nh-d14
    Gigabyte p55a-ud3p
    Gskill 8gb DDR3 ram @ 1600 4gbx2
    Gigabyte ATI 5870 1gb @ 900mhz
    120gb Agility 2 SSD x2 one for OS and programs the other for games
    500gb WD black

Creative 2.1 speakers
    Alienware 23" optx monitor 120hz.... for the buttery smooth frame rates not 3d
    cheapo wireless Microsoft comfort keyboard
    Raaer Naga mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a freaking expensive setup Conquine, the 5870 and 2x128gb SSD's...yikes...but all in all, that's a pretty sexy rig.

D14 is ridiculous, it's funny how your RAM is sneaking under that monster...tell me, was it a pain to install?
    I'm personally going with Zalman CNPS9900 NT, I don't particularly like Noctuas' looks.....and CNPS9900 NT is right up there with NH-U12P in terms of performance.

I'm also considering getting a HAF 912 Plus (like 922 but a bit cheaper, black interior, etc), such a kickass case series by CM
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2010-11-28 at 11:48 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I need to get a new friggin camera.

Computer specs

CPU - Intel Core i7 980x OC'ed 4.3 Ghz
    PSU - Corsair 80+ Gold Modular 850w
    GPU - Dual Radeon 5970's in Crossfire
    Case - Trusty ol' HAF 922
    Mobo - ASUS Rampage III
    RAM - 4 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws
    SSD - Transcend 32GB
    Hard Drive - 2 Samsung F3 1TB in RAID 0 for 2TB
    Optical Drive - LITE-ON Black 24X SATA
    Cooling - Corsair H50 Water Cooling

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    That's a freaking expensive setup Conquine, the 5870 and 2x128gb SSD's...yikes...but all in all, that's a pretty sexy rig.

D14 is ridiculous, it's funny how your RAM is sneaking under that monster...tell me, was it a pain to install?
    I'm personally going with Zalman CNPS9900 NT, I don't particularly like Noctuas' looks.....and CNPS9900 NT is right up there with NH-U12P in terms of performance.

I'm also considering getting a HAF 912 Plus (like 922 but a bit cheaper, black interior, etc), such a kickass case series by CM

yeah total right now i guess its a bit costly, but it didnt always have those parts. originally it had a gtx 460, and just the WD 500gb black drive. i got the first SSD in there when i saw that new egg had it on shell shocker. with all of the buzz going around about how awesome SSD's were i couldnt resist

the 5870 and the second SSD came in later when i put another computer together and sold it. i used the profits from this tiny computer to feed my tech addiction

as for the noctua it wasnt difficult to install at all. their mounting system was pretty painless and well thought out. i think ive had smaller HSF's give me more trouble. you have to remove the middle fan to reach the mounting screws, but that really wasnt difficult at all with the great fan clip design. i agree though the noctua isnt really that much to look at... its sort of an eyesore, but it works great, and i dont have a side window so no worries there

and for the love of god. if youre thinking about sticking a fan on your side panel, get a case that has a side panel air filter or atleast getting some aftermarket ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coquine View Post
    and for the love of god. if youre thinking about sticking a fan on your side panel, get a case that has a side panel air filter or atleast getting some aftermarket ones
    You mean a dust filter..? My case will be this, the haf 912 plus:

And I will be sticking a fan on the side panel, but no dust filters there....= /
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Do a search for the HAF filter set. It provides magnetic attachment filgers for front, side and bottom.

for 120mm fans the dust solution is a little easier. you can stretch a piece of panty hose over the fan and it will work great. for a larger 200m fan its a lot tougher to do. i always seem to get runs in my stocking and i hate runs in my stocking. (as a guy i never thought i would admit such a thing)

but yeah i have seen those filter kits, but at the time i was looking at them they only had white ones, which looked pretty silly. the black ones are a bit better, but still sort of an eye sore. i tried to work out my own filter, but couldnt find any mesh cloth so i settled on window screening.

i might have to continue my search for filtering materials, because cleaning my case out every 2-3 months isnt good for my wallet. it gets me looking in my rig and wondering what i could improve on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    OCing maximums depend on your cpu. ie: some people can get a PhenomII X4 955BE to 4+ghz, whereas I can't get mine much past 3.8
    They might also have a lower bus speed but a higher multiplier.

My rig is two years old, sans a newer GPU.

Intel Q9550 @ 3.4ghz
    8GB DDR2-1066 G.Skill ram
    Tagan 700w modular LED PSU (lol @ 6 rails @ 56A)
    Radeon 5830 1GB
    Intel G2 80GB SSD OS drive
    2.3TB magnetic storage

Still extremely happy with the performance.Never had a system with this much legs before, but I guess it's more the current situation in the evolution of computers. To this point at the 2yr mark in owning a system I would normally be lamenting its existence and wanting new hardware. Still extremely snappy in everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    They might also have a lower bus speed but a higher multiplier.
    Mine won't go much higher than 3.8 no matter which direction I go with it. 200x19.5 and it dies, 215x18, 233x16.5, etc etc. Played with every voltage imaginable too lol. It's probably because mine is an older C2 stepping chip.

edit: also note those arent the exact steps I took. I went 1mhz increments, I just didn't bother posting all 33 of them. lol. Bus speed up to 233mhz worked fine as long as the multi wasn't putting the chip above 3850mhz.

Deleted
    Although you might get better performance than "them" if you run at a lower core speed but higher bus speed. Whereas my 965 BE runs at 219x17 atm and outperforms those at e.g. 212.5x19
    Last edited by mmoc066862fcc1; 2010-11-29 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My baby.

System Details - System Name - REDRUM

Component - Brand - Product
    Motherboard EVGA X58 3-Way Classified E760
    CPU Intel I7 920 Frequency: 4.326 GHz FSB / QPI: 206 MHz Multiplier: 21 x Stepping: D0 VCore: 1.45 v VTT Voltage: 1.58 v PLL Voltage: 1.4 v
    RAM Corsair Dominator GT Cas 7 Frequency: 822 MHz Timing: 7-7-7-20-74 Voltage: 1.65 v (6GB Tri Channel 3x2GB)
    Graphics Card EVGA 480GTX Hydrocopper FTW GPU Frequency: 905 MHz Shader Frequency: 1810 MHzMemory Frequency: 2222 MHz SLI:Yes
    Graphics Card EVGA 480GTX Hydrocopper FTW GPU Frequency: 905 MHz Shader Frequency: 1810 MHzMemory Frequency: 2222 MHz SLI:Yes
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G5
    CD/DVD LG Blu Ray Drive
    Case Coolermaster HAF 932
    Hard Drive Intel X25-M Mainstream 80GB
    Hard Drive Intel X25-M Mainstream 80GB
    Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 500GB HDD
    Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w CM
    Monitor Acer GD235HZ bid - 23.6" - 3D Vision Equipped
    Monitor Acer X233HZBD Black 23.6"
    Cooling Swiftech Apogee XT Water Block
    Cooling EK X58 Classified Nickel and Acetal Full Cover Block
    Cooling Tygon3603 (3/8) and (1/2) Tubing
    Cooling Black Ice GTX240 Radiator
    Cooling Black Ice GTX360 Radiator
    Cooling Bitspower Compression Fittings
    Cooling Bitspower POM 5.25" Bay Reservoirs (2 of these)
    Cooling Swiftech MCP350 Pump
    CoolingSwiftech MCP 650 with speed control Pump
    Fan Coolermaster R4-L2R-20CR-GP (7 of these)

Edit :

I have pictures and benchmarks but until I post some more I can't post the links or pictures. I will edit this post to add them as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Improbus; 2010-11-29 at 01:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuckless View Post
    I need to get a new friggin camera.

Computer specs

CPU - Intel Core i7 980x OC'ed 4.3 Ghz
    PSU - Corsair 80+ Gold Modular 850w
    GPU - Dual Radeon 5970's in Crossfire
    Case - Trusty ol' HAF 922
    Mobo - ASUS Rampage III
    RAM - 4 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws
    SSD - Transcend 32GB
    Hard Drive - 2 Samsung F3 1TB in RAID 0 for 2TB
    Optical Drive - LITE-ON Black 24X SATA
    Cooling - Corsair H50 Water Cooling
    how i just love all these fake setup`s by users who has no ider of what goes together
    you are running a Intel Core i7 980x OCèd to 4,3 Ghz, plus 2x5970, plus a rampage III Extrame, plus 8 Gb RAM, plus a h-50 watercooler and you run that on a 850W PSU........ riiiight
    you have 4x4 Gb RAM on the board?......... you are running a x58 board = tri-channel and you are running dual channel......... guys if you are going to make all these fake systems, atleast read up on hardwave first, before posting
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    Although you might get better performance then "them" if you run at a lower core speed but higher bus speed. Whereas my 965 BE runs at 219x17 atm and outperforms those at e.g. 212.5x19
    My guess is because your HT frequency ends up higher when you increase bus speed (I think?).
    I actually didn't know it would make a difference. I'm gonna have to test it later.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    how i just love all these fake setup`s by users who has no ider of what goes together
    you are running a Intel Core i7 980x OCèd to 4,3 Ghz, plus 2x5970, plus a rampage III Extrame, plus 8 Gb RAM, plus a h-50 watercooler and you run that on a 850W PSU........ riiiight
    you have 4x4 Gb RAM on the board?......... you are running a x58 board = tri-channel and you are running dual channel......... guys if you are going to make all these fake systems, atleast read up on hardwave first, before posting
    Maybe that 850watt power supply has some REALLY GOOD peak performance... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    You can run that on 850w. You also don't need tri channel memory for that setup although it is optimal. If he was gonna lie I think he may have included a bigger SSD. Could just be a person with more money than knowledge.

Yeah, if it's a:
    • Corsair
    • 850W
    • Modular
    • Gold+

It's the Corsair AX850W, which is able to provide easily over 1000W comfortably. Even the slightly cheaper HX850W can.

And back on topic - GTX470 GPU block here tomorrow, along with a Sandforce 1222 based Patriot Inferno SSD. Zooooom.