Thread: 2v2 Arena

2v2 Arena

What do you guys think the most overpowered 2v2 comp in cata is going to be???

mage/feral will be very strong. I think double dps is going to be pretty viable at least the first season, maybe even some triple dps comps (rmp shadow for instance)
    Last edited by rtjason; 2010-11-27 at 03:36 AM.

prot war/prot pally

Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    mage/feral
    How do you suppose?

I wanna say mage/ holy paladin actually. Pallys have a lot of burst atm. Spamming exorcism is really effective and with a mages burst, I'd say its a mean combo. At the same time mages have 2 iceblocks and pallys have their bubble, so their is a lot of room for error. The mage can peel of the paladin too. Overall very offensive and defensive at the same time.

Boomkin/Lock/Hpally

10+ Year Old Account
    People are just going to name comps that they belong to or that they want to work.

Really, most of the comps that are already good will be good again because of the synergy of those classes.

Holy Pally/Arms Warrior
    Holy Pally/Death Knight
    Disc Priest/Mage
    Disc Priest/Rogue
    Druid/Death Knight
    Druid/Warlock
    Shadow Priest/Rogue
    Shadow Priest/Mage
    Feral/Rogue
    Mage/Warlock
    Mage/Rogue
    Resto Shaman/Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    How do you suppose?

I wanna say mage/ holy paladin actually. Pallys have a lot of burst atm. Spamming exorcism is really effective and with a mages burst, I'd say its a mean combo. At the same time mages have 2 iceblocks and pallys have their bubble, so their is a lot of room for error. The mage can peel of the paladin too. Overall very offensive and defensive at the same time.
    What weaknesses does that comp have tho? Lot's of cc, lust, ferals are almost unstoppable and mages have very few weaknesses. Healers are not going to be nearly as strong, and mage /pally has never been really good and most of teh pallys offensive spells can get locked out (and i believe they are all holy). I guess with pallys they don't really bring anything that a mage needs compared to other healers (except shamans.) I believe twos will be dominated by melee/healer and caster/melee with a hybrids being very strong. I think it will be interesting to see how it goes though. Also, mages can see in stealth now so you are guaranteed an opener with that comp in many cases.

@ above poster- synergy is changing quite a bit yeah? For example, find a 2200+ fives without a shammy. Now they can have a mage or hunter. I actually expect kitty rmp to be as strong as rmp or even stronger. I do agree with most of your comps though with spriest/mage probably being the strongest. I'm going to run double mage like I do every season though because it's fun and twos don't matter.
    Last edited by rtjason; 2010-11-27 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ above poster- synergy is changing quite a bit yeah? For example, find a 2200+ fives without a shammy. Now they can have a mage or hunter. I actually expect kitty rmp to be as strong as rmp or even stronger. I do agree with most of your comps though with spriest/mage probably being the strongest. I'm going to run double mage like I do every season though because it's fun and twos don't matter.
    Absolutely its changing. Although this thread is about 2v2, not 5v5. My point was just that most comps are strong for a reason, and there aren't too many synergy changes, with notable exceptions obviously such as feral being more viable, and more hero/bloodlusts.

3v3 im definitly gonna try to stick with my Holypala + Boomkin + elemental shaman/ mage.
    2v2 ill stick with the boomkin since he's my IRL friend and we're really good with our timing, with the addition to holy paladin offenvies + aoe silence from druid we have already done some bgs and found hammer of justice = trinket = root + moonlight = win.
    so that's basicly how we'll open we think. burst down one of them try to catch the healer with a hammer of justice out of possition. if he trinkets he'll get rooted and moonlighted. then it's a matter of timing on the first cyclone from the moonkin.
    If we get pushed hard we can time retribution aura + thorns if we're up against enh shammys, rogues or kitty druids and heal through any damage while they get constant returned damage. combined with starfall that's insane ammount of cleave damage.
    And then we can use moonlight defencive, but on moonbeam on urself and heal urself, very effective against ret paladins and enh shammys. against casters the only problem we've come across so far is me being locked down for too long but that's only a problem against mages and LoS will be alot easier in cata once we get 60% movement speed (as holy pala) after we use Holy Radience, not to mention the large instant heals.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 06:11 AM ----------

What weaknesses does that comp have tho? Lot's of cc, lust, ferals are almost unstoppable and mages have very few weaknesses. Healers are not going to be nearly as strong, and mage /pally has never been really good and most of teh pallys offensive spells can get locked out (and i believe they are all holy). I guess with pallys they don't really bring anything that a mage needs compared to other healers (except shamans.) I believe twos will be dominated by melee/healer and caster/melee with a hybrids being very strong. I think it will be interesting to see how it goes though. Also, mages can see in stealth now so you are guaranteed an opener with that comp in many cases.

Im a holy paladin and im quite offencive minded and we wont stand and spam Exorcism unless we know counterspell is on CD, unless ppl are stupid. Also there's a 25% chance when we holy shock that we get a freecast instant Exorcism which now on live realms crit for 8k on 1k resil targets. Also im engineering and combine the damage from my own spells with the 6-10k clicky (rocket gloves) for cata we're looking at a burst of well over 20k. for 2global cooldowns that's quite enough for a healer to assist a kill in 2v2. first season of cata arena ppl will have between 70-90k hp depending on gem and enchants. Healing might be nerfed but that's not so hard to understand with the nerf to MS abilities.

Mutilate Rogue/Frost Mage
    Death Knight/Warrior
    Rogue/Feral

and for 3's maybe something insane like:
    mage/lock/spriest
    rogue/mage/spriest

what im getting at is healers are going to be THAT USELESS! just look at the cataclysm arena videos. you can pretty much mindless zerg any healer comp.

Deleted
    IMO; Frost Mage/DK will be a nice combo with the dmg + CC from the mage and necrotic strike from the DK when popping CD's.

Should be sweet!

I think Holidin/Feral Drood will be strong too.

Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    How do you suppose?

it's like a RM comp with a twist.
    Ferals got better CC then rogues(instant cyclones+roots) and higher mobility+immune against poly+cd to be immune against fear(=much harder to peel)
    Rogues got better chances at re-setting a fight though+better defense against casters when focused.

Deleted
    Skill/Skill is too OP, Also Skill/Skill, but that doesn't matter.

No really, Every comp will fit atleast if they're good, Great setups, can't say until lvl 85 arena's are there for me to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post

No really, Every comp will fit atleast if they're good, Great setups, can't say until lvl 85 arena's are there for me to do.
    We are talking about S9 2v2 here, brah.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    We are talking about S9 2v2 here, brah.
    i know mr. Bieber, I can't say what comp is OP since i haven't played it, Sorry Mr. Bieber.

Beta =/= live, there might come a lot of nerfs. so no. can't tell Mr. Bieber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post

Not really. Some comps just don't work very well and other comps are consistently better because of synergy. This thread is about which comps will be OP. Of course 2 good players can get a decent rating with a horrible comp, but that's not what this thread is about.