Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest Prof for cata

Im still trying choose what profs i want for cata... im making a new priest almost level 80 and i havent yet choosen professions for her yet... i was thinking of going either Alch/Herb/Inscript 1 of them combos. Or going Blacksmithing/Mining. Now the reason i dont say tailoring is that i have a 450 tailor and i dont wanna double up on my profs... so some feed back on what profs you think would b good for a SHADOW priest

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I think it's best to go Mining/Herbalism and make a lot of bank off them the first few weeks of the new expansion, then once prices are less ridiculous in the AH to choose your main two. JC/Enchanting or JC/Alchemy wouldn't be bad for a Priest, imo.
    MSN: thesaddestpanda@hotmail.com
    XBL GT: ReverendGodless (with an i)

Alliance/Spinebreaker

Deleted
    Personally I'm going with Tailoring/Jewel crafting for cata. It's not the perfect pairing if you wanna min/max your character, but it get's the work done. If you're not interested in tailoring (since you have one tailor already) I would suggest either Alchemy/Enchanting or Enchanting/Jewel crafting. And if you got the really big wallet with you, maybe even Blacksmithing/Jewel crafting.

Money isnt too much of a issue.... none of my toons have a gathering prof so its going 2 make leveling my jewelcrafting on the dk harder, thats y i was thinking BS/Miner then i can level thru my BS and JC. But to me BS/Mine doesnt seem priesty lol..... i think ill go Alch/Herb i reckon

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep my tailoring and enchanting because I enjoy having professions that don't make any money. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ASadPanda View Post
    To be honest, I think it's best to go Mining/Herbalism
    Isn't Mining/Herb not viable because you can only track one at a time? Or does the new tracking thing fix that? If so, damn, I wanna do that! :P

I'm currently rocking Enchanting/Alchemy, no plans of changing.

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark View Post
    I'll keep my tailoring and enchanting because I enjoy having professions that don't make any money. haha
    Nonsense! I've made at least 25k from Enchanting solely by selling Blade Ward scrolls, over the past 5 or so months. =P And come Cata, everyone's gonna be getting new gear, so they're gonna want to enchant it, right? Enchanters will be in high demand!
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Isn't Mining/Herb not viable because you can only track one at a time? Or does the new tracking thing fix that? If so, damn, I wanna do that! :P
    With the new tracking system, you are able to track multiple things at the same time. It works with vendors, trainers and such, So one would assume that it would work with Mining/Herbalism. I can't really back that up tho, since I don't have a char with two gathering profs.

alchemy is worth it for the dragon mount alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragon mounts don't raise your DPS.

Engineering and Jewelcrafting are the two superior professions for casters. With Jewelcrafting, you get the 3 Chimaera Gems and Engineering is glove enchant (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175), Cogwheels (http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=cogwheel), a nice ilvl 359 crafted helm (http://www.wowhead.com/item=59449), a little something for your belt (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84427), not to mention the pets and other goodies like you can make for yourself..

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I expect Jewelcrafting to make a ton of money the first few weeks of cataclysm. All those shiny new epics, you want to gem and enchant them right away! And who is selling the gems? That's right, the miner/JC that is cornering the market.

Deleted
    Currently best choices are a mix of;

Alchemy
    Jewel-crafting
    Engineering

Take 2 of those and you'll be fine, personally though I'm sticking with Tailoring/Alchemy.

What about inscription ? whats the bonus on shoulder enchants compared to the "standard" shoulder enchants ?

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 01:40 PM ----------

ok, i just checked. It seems that every profession grants either an advantage of 80 or 81(jc) int. So it doesnt matter Ill go with inscription and alchemy. Inscription, because i dont have it yet, and alchemy for the +40% potion trinket (and the mount
    Last edited by Kaffeefilter; 2010-11-29 at 12:42 PM.

What about leatherworking?
    The 130 int seems pretty hot...

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85010

Leatherworking + Engineering. Leatherworking at 85 is the best profession in game by a large margin. Engineering is #2 for a DPS caster. It's only better than Tailoring by ~1-2 Int on average though.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Leatherworking + Tailoring. Leatherworking at 85 is the best profession in game by a large margin.
    Ya I figured, which embroidery is best for each spec @ 85?

Also, I'm hesitant to drop JC for LW atm, are you sure the flexibility of JC wouldn't outweigh the 130 int?

Mastery for disc sounds pretty hot at 85.
    Last edited by LeetHaxor; 2010-11-29 at 05:07 PM.

Haha, you replied before the edit.

Lightweave is best for everyone though. It's INT instead of SP now, so it's universally better as long as you time regen cooldowns to coincide with the proc.

And for those who don't know: Leatherworking is the best option because there is no +Int to bracer enchant. For healers this would mean +130 Int vs +50 Spirit. Since 50 Int is equal, or better than 50 Spirit on regen you not only get +80 Int, but also +50 SP. For Shadow it's a conversion of +65 Haste to +130 Int and since Int is now substantially better than Haste you get more than budget for the enchant. Leatherworking is worth +17-30 stats more than the other professions for nearly all classes (more for Tanks).

So it's changed to int on beta or what?

Still seems to show SP on wowhead - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=75172

Ouch, yeah they reverted the Int proc. That means Engineering is better for Healers now. That's fine as it's also better for DPS. Go go gadget... gadgets? Healers should use Darkglow with that change, but the Engineering tinker +Int is better. Lightweave as Shadow is slightly worse, but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaftwig View Post
    With the new tracking system, you are able to track multiple things at the same time. It works with vendors, trainers and such, So one would assume that it would work with Mining/Herbalism. I can't really back that up tho, since I don't have a char with two gathering profs.
    I can confirm that it works. I have both on my shaman and can track both...just like in BC.

Synapse Springs comes out to 96 int, so it seems that engi+LW will be the way to go then?

In addition to this, the helms should be pretty decent for a while.

So would it be a good idea to go ahead and buy up all the mats needed to level engi and lw atm?

@powerstuck, wrong thread bro
    Last edited by LeetHaxor; 2010-11-29 at 05:46 PM.