Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Can't do Heroics

My Mage has recently hit 80, and I've recently found out that you need an average item level of 180 to run Heroics. My character currently has 177.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...trom&cn=Grayal

That's my Armory page, and in all honesty I have no idea whatsoever what I need to do. The 'Item Upgrades' area just links me to raid and - you guessed it - Heroic items.

This might sound like a noob question, but does anyone know an item that I can get, that isn't a raid or Heroic drop, that can boost my average item level to 180? Thanks.

Try random Normals?

Man that's a bummer, looks like if you replace your boots with something from a regular higher level dungeun you should boost your averge ilevel quite a bit.

Recently had this problem on my DK

I honestly didn't know what to do. I couldn't get anything to drop that would even be considered useful to me. I had to cheat and make some JC trinkets and PvP gear, which quickly got replaced in two runs of ToC and FoS :]

craftable blues or epics. they are cheap on my server as used for skillup that noone buys.

Buy a cheap epic or two, that'll push you over the limit.
    Check out faction items. You might be able to pick up a higher piece of gear if you're exalted with a faction.
    Run regulars. You'll get a piece or two soon enough if you do that.

Deleted
    Have a look on Auction house, see if there is any ilvl 187 blues, ilvl 200 blues or ilvl200 epics. They should be very cheap, and you should only have to purchase one item and that should hopefully take you over the 180 average level.

If gold isnt your strong point, find out which item it is you want and someone who can make it for you. Find out the materials you need and then go farm those mats yourself.

Argent Tournament rewards gear, you should have started it when you were level 78 but theres not much point now.

Unless something has changed, which it has, I dont really know how it works anymore.. but you could used to be able to do daily dungeon once a day and get rewareded 2 triumph emblems. I guess now it rewards some justice points, surely after doing so many you have enough to buy an item? Forget the Tier10, just buy the cheapest item. There is NPC's in Dalaran who sell dozens of different epics and you use Justice Points to purchase them.

PVP Gear.
    Have you done any PvP, got any honor points? Some of the prices are ridiculously cheap. I Know you cant use shields just an example, but the Shaman ilvl270 or is it 277, costs only 70honor points. There must be something like that you can get to boost your average gear level. Yes it has resilience on it but it would get you into the heroic dungeon finder at least.

Dont spend to much time on it though, I understand that you just want to be able to get into heroics for the fun factor. Do that yeah, but personally I really do recommend not going crazy, I was looking at Atlasloot yesterday, My Two weapons which are both from ICC Heroic will be replaced by two fist weapons I can craft for myself with Jewelcrafting. It is green quality, and level 81 :P
    So yeah dont go mad spending to much time gearing up, You will be vendoring everything you wear in just over 1 week :P

Hope one of these methods works for you
    Good luck

And yeah I love typing :P

Deleted
    You say this.. Yet you got the achievement for heroic UP on Nov. 22nd?
    That aside. I believe the wrathful wand only costs 70 honor points.. Either that or the offhand does.. Buy that

Deleted
    When I dinged my rogue last week I could immediately run heroics whatsoever,
    I was running around in full Brutal lvl 70 pvp gear, with Guardian offpieces...
    When was this implemented?

Deleted
    You are NOT ready for heroics.

You are NOT wearing level 80 gear.

The majority of your gear is BELOW level 80.

Do normal level 80 dungeons and get LEVEL 80 gear.

Then you will be ready to at least step into Heroics.

Deleted
    I found my salvation: Boots of the Holy Light. Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidrah View Post
    When I dinged my rogue last week I could immediately run heroics whatsoever,
    I was running around in full Brutal lvl 70 pvp gear, with Guardian offpieces...
    When was this implemented?
    Long time ago, since dungeon finder was released.. or shortly after.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anmmochamp View Post

Majority of his gear is 187ilvl, They are from normal level 80 dungeons.
    Heroics is what gives 200ilvl blues, and 200ilvl epics.
    Get some facts right before you flame someone like that next time..

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, why do you have Fizzik's Pocketwatch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by anmmochamp View Post

idd, I hate boosting people!

A good tip would be Trial of the Champion (the 5-man instance up at Argent Tournament).
    Even in normal mode, all drops are epic items and these should boost your ilvl.

Also all the normal versions of the ICC 5-man dungeons have nothing but epic drops, and if memory serves you should be able to do these in normal mode without any requirements? (well for the ICC ones you have to start with Forge of souls etc, but still... should be able to do that, then move on to the others)

Should try running into this problem as a tank, now that really sucks, no one likes an under-geared tank.

But as Deathspank said, you can farm ToC reg. and get a nice set of epics, then move to Heroic and be ready for ICC reg dungeons, farm those, then move to ICC heroic dungeons.

80 Paladin, 80 Rogue, 80 Priest, 80 Death Knight, 72 Mage

I run into some way under geared tanks when Im on my priest sometimes, sometimes I want to just leave group.
    When I made my tank I suffered through randoms as DPS to get tank gear so I would not be the under geared tank.

This must be most retarded question i read this week.

Deleted
    I had this problem on my priest, but I got guildies to boost me through HToC and HFoS/PoS to boost my gear level

Quote Originally Posted by DStruct View Post
    Long time ago, since dungeon finder was released.. or shortly after.

Majority of his gear is 187ilvl, They are from normal level 80 dungeons.
    Heroics is what gives 200ilvl blues, and 200ilvl epics.
    Get some facts right before you flame someone like that next time..
    You may want to take a look at the three Icecrown normal mode instances which all drop 213 level items, and the Trial of the Champion one.

Also, there is absolutely nothing preventing him from doing heroics, you just have to actually make a group yourself, like people used to do before they put in a tool to do everything for you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.