Poll: Did you play Shenmue? if you did, did you like it?

Deleted

Shenmue! Poll: have you ever played Shenmue?

As the topic says, did you ever play shenmue and did you like it? A fantastic game with an excellent gameplay and fantastic graphics. I bet I spent more than 300 hours playing the first part myself.

Some screenshots of shenmue over at IGN

http://media.dreamcast.ign.com/media...99/imgs_1.html

Also shenmue came out in 1999 and it was fully voiced. Truly a game ahead of it's time.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2011-03-31 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    As the topic says, did you ever play shenmue and did you like it? A fantastic game with an excellent gameplay and fantastic graphics. I bet I spent more than 300 hours playing the first part myself.
    Hell yes I played it. Back on the dreamcast. My brother had gotten shenmue 2 on Xbox and beaten that, but I've never played that.

I've got the second one on xbox; just not been able to get into it unfortunately, just couldn't hold my interest. Wouldn't say I hated it, just didn't enjoy it all that much. When I finally get some spare time, its on my list of games to give a second chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post
    I've got the second one on xbox; just not been able to get into it unfortunately, just couldn't hold my interest. Wouldn't say I hated it, just didn't enjoy it all that much. When I finally get some spare time, its on my list of games to give a second chance.
    Unlucky you... the second part is considerably harder to get into and it's very plot-oriented game so not having the first part hinders that a lot. Some critics have praised Shenmue to be the best game of all time and I would agree with that (ofc that's only my opinion).

---------- Post added 2010-11-28 at 02:59 PM ----------

Here's a link to IGN review of shenmue:

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/164/164499p1.html

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the best games ever made.

Stunning visuals, epic and at the same time very human story, awesome characters, the whole gameplay was addictive. I played ShenMue 2 as an import on the dreamcast because by then the console was pretty much gone from europe

The DC was WAY ahead of its time. I still miss it.

Too bad that the story finished on a very big cliffhanger and part 3 of the supposed trilogy will never come out.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    One of the best games ever made.

Stunning visuals, epic and at the same time very human story, awesome characters, the whole gameplay was addictive. I played ShenMue 2 as an import on the dreamcast because by then the console was pretty much gone from europe

The DC was WAY ahead of its time. I still miss it.

Too bad that the story finished on a very big cliffhanger and part 3 of the supposed trilogy will never come out.
    I read something ironic about Shenmue 1... on wikipedia they said that every dreamcast player would've had to bought 2 copies of shenmue game so Sega could've gotten its money back from making it. lol I wish the games today got that much care

Yes. I own Shemmue. I would get lost, and in the end, i just stopped playing. I never really got into it, and I guess i can't anymore, considering my Dreamcast no longer works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist View Post
    Yes. I own Shemmue. I would get lost, and in the end, i just stopped playing. I never really got into it, and I guess i can't anymore, considering my Dreamcast no longer works.
    You're missing a lot there :\

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    aye shenmue was truly a wonderful game forklift racing ftw lol..
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    aye shenmue was truly a wonderful game forklift racing ftw lol..
    Excepts when you got stuck in a turn lol x(