Thread: Next Wow xpac?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Next Wow xpac?

I know its a little soon, but I stumbled across some old forum posts from before cata was announced and was reading up on what players thought would be the next xpac. Some players swore it would be "a cataclysm" or "Deathwing Returns" from day 1 (kudos for being an epic loremaster) but I read of other interesting ideas for a Wow xpac. The two that I enjoyed most were "The Emerald Dream" and "Land of the Titans". What do you think blizzard will come up with after Cataclysm?

Emerald dream

I am almost completely sure it will be Emerald Dream.
    Lok'tar ogar!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Hopefully Diablo 3.
    nope. never coming out.

i could definetly see something with the titans...it fits an almost forgotten part of the lore as well.

Deleted
    Not so sure about Emeral Dream... The Stormrage novel took care of that pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    enjoy cataclysm, theorycraft when they announce a new expansion. stop trying to hurry through content and enjoy it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They allready announced there gonna be a new one after cataclysm and that is gonna be bigger then cataclysm so i guess emerald dream should do the job for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Zando View Post
    Pretty sure your right. But at this point it most likely be the Emerald Nightmare with Malfurion and Ysera out in our plane.

80-85 is 5 new zones in old world..

85-90 could easly be 4-5 new zones in old world.

Pandaria
    High elf place near strat
    Undermine
    Temple of Vash
    The island kingdom from War3 with Janas dad.

possibly not add any new playable races.. but then again WOTLK was not as successful as TBC.. they might do 2 races again .. right after this set of 2?
    Last edited by He-man; 2010-11-27 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post reserved to be edited upon the revealing of the next expansion.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by He-man View Post
    80-85 is 5 new zones in old world..

85-90 could easly be 4-5 new zones in old world.

Pandaria
    High elf place near strat
    Undermine
    Temple of Vash
    The island kingdom from War3 with Janas dad.

possibly not add any new playable races.. but then again WOTLK was not as successful as TBC.. they might do 2 races again .. also i think a new profession is more likely than a new class.. however they need healers now more than they needed tanks before Dks.. but i don t think they will add a new class to fix this..

a Profession or Healing interface/mechanic overhall i see as more likely than a new healing class (THEY NEED HEALERS!)/(NEW STYLE OF HEALING!). (lets face it UI mods ruined healing and stopped them from being able to make it at all interesting, they need to go back and re do it!.)
    They will most likely add a new class, then next expansion they will probobly add 2 new races again, then after that another class. and so on.

i think they will save the Emerald Dream for next time they need to revamp the hole world (like cata) so possibly 6+ years away.

They will not make us go to a portal to the emerald dream thats Azeroth before civilisation.. they will make it creap out of the portals and revert/grow/overgrow parts of Azeroth.

there has been in a game files a Old god style sea monster thing sitting on top of westfall since vanilla .. and emerald dream has been in there as well. mind you there was also a very very very early Hellfire .. so mabye work in progress from 2005 means nuthing now.. but it looked pretty coool.

Remember that Classic WoW stayed around for longer than each of the expansions.. with the amount of work in cata perhaps they will have a brake from wow for 3 years now much like classic wow. and mabye go from Cata into War4?
    Last edited by He-man; 2010-11-27 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    profession overhaul should have been here with cataclysm better blizzard doos it with 4.1 because its needed big time

15+ Year Old Account
    Next Expansion will be the beginning of the end of the World (of Warcraft), basicly we will fight Queen Azshara and begin our way into the Demonic Realm of Sargeras. Probably include Argus and stuff. Emerald Dream will only be a small zone and not part of a whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Plane.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

The next one will most likely be going to the Burning Legion home world to finally fight Sargeras. It's also why I believe one of the new races will be a demon race that left the Burning Legion DK style.

Cata is the Elemental Plane expansion.
    Last edited by JFetch; 2010-11-27 at 05:59 PM.

Return of the Wrath of the Lich King

Quote Originally Posted by Zando View Post
    ppl says that since bc or even before taht

The Emerald Dream story is done. There is no reason to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by He-man View Post
    i think they will save the Emerald Dream for next time they need to revamp the hole world (like cata) so possibly 6+ years away.

They will not make us go to a portal to the emerald dream thats Azeroth before civilisation.. they will make it creap out of the portals and revert/grow/overgrow parts of Azeroth.

there has been in a game files a Old god style sea monster thing sitting on top of westfall since vanilla .. and emerald dream has been in there as well. mind you there was also a very very very early Hellfire .. so mabye work in progress from 2005 means nuthing now.. but it looked pretty coool.

Remember that Classic WoW stayed around for longer than each of the expansions.. with the amount of work in cata perhaps they will have a brake from wow for 3 years now much like classic wow. and mabye go from Cata into War4?
    cuz when they aren't selling an expantion they aren't producing one either, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Well since Blizzard said Cata is the last expansion, I'm going to go with Cataclysm!!!!
    When was this said? I'm almost certain it's not the last expansion.