Thread: Moonkin @ 85

Moonkin @ 85

Hey guys, can someone give me some information about Moonkins at lvl 85 for Arenas/Rated BG´s? I'm trying to gather some information about druids in general for the next season but everyone is like 'OMG GO FERAL OP DROOLDLSLOLOLOL' or 'omg, dispel sux, resto sux, qq sux, pie sux' and I cant find solid information about Moonkins =I

nonviable for pvp. Or atleast that was reported by many players in beta.
    Absence of "Not dieing now" button is to big when your heals are shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkins are more than fine, instant Starsurge says hi...or just starsurge in general.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Deleted
    Tyfoon is pretty helpful as is switching to bear and popping frenzied regeneration. Remember that in a rated BG, you probably WILL get heals from others so you won't have to rely on your own hots that heal for waaay too little.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Boomkins are more than fine, instant Starsurge says hi...or just starsurge in general.
    This. The class as a whole is very reliant on our casted abilities, making us less mobile, and therefore more prone to damage. That said, Boomkin is about as good as it was before. And the new barkskin glyph is like having your cake and eating it too. I've preferred a build/playstyle where I go for lots of self-healing, and it's working out OK for me. I am a sub-par PvPer, so take my comments with a grain of salt.
    Cheers.
    If you say the game is too easy, try the hard-modes.
    If you say that every casual in the game has end-game lvl gear, try the hard-modes.

Deleted
    I haven't played them myself, but I have met some at beta. They could have been bad players, but I notice they don't have same damage as they used to have. On live they can burst ppl down with lolfall and faceroll, but on 85 when ppl got more hp burst is no longer in the playstyle. And boomies aren't very mobile + they can't tank much damage. I don't know if their mana regen is as bad as for spriests, maybe it's easier for you to change form and get some decent heals off, cause that would probably help. It's easy to cc you owl guys though =/

I also haven't seen many boomies use magic mushrooms, and don't know how useful they are in pvp. Probably not something gamebreaking.
    I'd probably say, if you want to be strong as druid resto and feral are the specs of choice, pretty much like it was in most of Wotlk. At least I'd go for the other specs in 2v2. In battlegrounds and for example 5v5 you got more ppl around to help you and that you can help and then boomies are probably a bit more viable.

To sum up, boomies don't belong to strongest pvp specs on 85, but you are better than hunters (most of us are). If you enjoyed being OP with faceroll burst on live you'll probably get disappointed at 85, but if you played back in the days and had a good time and ejoyed playstyle even though you belonged to the underdogs: welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by narrowind View Post
    Tyfoon is pretty helpful as is switching to bear and popping frenzied regeneration. Remember that in a rated BG, you probably WILL get heals from others so you won't have to rely on your own hots that heal for waaay too little.
    Frenzied regen will not help you when you are going die. Buble, Ice block, antimagic zone with shell, survival instinct with last stand, cloak with smoke bomb, dispersion, pain sup, deterence with disengage those kind of spells can safe your day. Moonkins will be first target in rbgs because of no defense. Any moonkin will be just GY runner or you will just kitting behind all your teammates and doing none dmg=removed from team because its better to replace it with for example shadow priest, those what dont die in 1 timed and focused attack by opposite team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    To sum up, boomies don't belong to strongest pvp specs on 85, but you are better than hunters (most of us are). If you enjoyed being OP with faceroll burst on live you'll probably get disappointed at 85, but if you played back in the days and had a good time and ejoyed playstyle even though you belonged to the underdogs: welcome back!
    ^QFT you hit the nail ...

Moonkins will be same shit like they was all the time, just with 1 new useless spell aka wild mushroom...